PDA

View Full Version : Douglas Billets or Carbon Fibers??

Foxrage
08-02-2002, 09:58 PM
I just wanted pics of the douglas billet beadlocks all around and if anyone has the new 8x8 carbon fibers on a quad a pic of them and what you would go with? I have the carbon fibers but dont really like the looks and thought that the douglas billet beadlocks would be better.

trx400ex
08-03-2002, 11:03 AM
keep yours

Sparks425Ex
08-03-2002, 12:05 PM
I think that Black wheels look so sweet. They make you quad look like it is really fast. Get the Hypers

Dave400ex
08-04-2002, 03:11 PM
Keep your Carbons.

Porkchop
08-04-2002, 04:11 PM
same with what they said :rolleyes: :D

Dave400ex
08-04-2002, 08:09 PM
What size are your Beadlocks now? I can see if you want MX Tires which if you are Racing MX you will then you may need smaller Rims and if you do I would still buy Carbons.

Foxrage
08-04-2002, 08:30 PM
I have 10x10 now thats y i want 8x8 but ill use the 10x10 till i can get the cash.

Ex'r Marlin
08-05-2002, 07:30 PM
I agree that the Douglas Ultimate Billet Beadlocks look really nice... I like the looks of them over the HiPer Carbon fiber rims too. Not only do I like the looks, but I also like how the Douglas Ultimate Billet rims bolt on... They have the same countersunk lug nut holes as your stock rims have.:cool:

I really like the design of the HiPer rims though... The dual rear beadlocks not only make putting tires on and off very easy, but the inside beadlock also adds strength to the rim! I have two sets of Douglas Billet Beadlocks rear rims... And they have some small flat spots on the inside of the rim.... I wish they had reinforcement rings on them!:rolleyes: (Note: I am not very easy on rims or tires though...:rolleyes: ) After 3 years of hard trail riding and racing... My front Douglas Billlet Beadlocks are holding up great!

Yeah, if you can get over the looks of the HiPer rims... I would go with them.... Especially since they come with a 1 year warranty!:cool:

Good luck!

Regulator 250X
08-05-2002, 08:01 PM
The guy i race with has douglas beadlocks all around, he doesnt have the billet, just the normal pressed ones... They are still sweet though, i think that the aluminum rims look better and are more durable, but thats just my thoughts. If you do get the Beadlocks you will want mud caps, they are a must for beadlocks! later dudes......