PDA

View Full Version : blue diamond

polakmike7
04-22-2006, 07:19 AM
wat u guys think of blue diamond.. and anyone got any PICS??

J-man67
04-22-2006, 09:36 AM
I have yet to go there. I would like to someday though.

predator dad
04-24-2006, 02:43 AM
I'm going to try to get there on Thursday. I'm off work and the weather's supposed to be good. I've only riden my quad once since I put new suspension,axle,rims and a few other goodies on it. I need to get the suspension dialed in.

J-man67
04-24-2006, 06:56 AM
I heard they have 12 miles of trails as well as the ATV track. Any truth to that? Their website sucks.

polakmike7
04-24-2006, 08:04 AM
true that bout the website... thts y i wanna see sum pics

JW450R1
04-24-2006, 01:25 PM
yes there site does suck.i called them and they were really no help and had big aditudes.:ermm: does any-one have any pics.has anyone ever been there.is the atv worth going for:rolleyes: or is the dirt bike track a lot better.any info would be appreciated

jrspawn
04-24-2006, 08:21 PM
Hey, i practice there alot actually. The quad track is shaping up alot better now. They have been putting alot of work into it. Has a good amount of jumps and rough sections. The dirt bike track is for bikes only, ive ridden the bike track quite a few times in the past, and will let you know, as nice and cool as it looks, it is not quad friendly. The quad track i would guess is about a mile long track layout? Good handfull of fast guys are riding there more and more. When the track is groomed up perfect the place is VERY fast, and when not groomed, its nice and rough and still all the jumps are very jumpable and quad friendly. Some guys that are just learning to ride, or hate rough tracks might not like it though, it can get chopped up sometimes(thats the way i like it though!) And some of the beginner guys complain about some of the jumps, but they are all jumpable and very quad friendly, all tabletops and stepups pretty much, so no do or die doubles so people can learn out there. Its def. getting geared more to MX than just trails or a course. Good elevation changes in the track too. I would recomend checking it out, place has slot of potential for quads, and the more quad turnout, the better they are gonna make everything for us.... If you go there, tell them Justin Reed let you know a little about the place....

Anymore questions let me know.

Justin
jrspawn@aol.com

JW450R1
04-25-2006, 04:19 AM
thanks alot for the info.i'm going to ck it out...

mike nash
04-25-2006, 06:20 AM
Justin,I was out there last August and after being there 15 minutes I asked for a refund it was so bad. I hope that has changed since then. It was very loose and rutty not packed down at all looked like they did not take care of it to good. I do remember a thread about revamping it during the winter that you were involved with (correct me if I'm wrong) how did that go?

jrspawn
04-25-2006, 08:54 AM
Hey, it has turned around big time since you last visited. Im there 3 times at week now days, and many new people included a handfull of pro and pro am racers are showing there too and really liking the place. One thing a cant stress enough though is, its a motocross track, its gonna get rough and rutted sometimes. Just get's me a little mad sometimes when people trash talk places because it get rough, once again its a motocross track, they are not supposed to be perfectly smooth. For the motocross racers and people wanting to get into racing Blue diamond is a perfect place to practice and train. Also hopefully have a couple more changes to the track in the future possibly.

Justin

mike nash
04-25-2006, 04:25 PM
Well I wasn't bashing it was upsetting to kill 3 hours getting there and turning around a few minutes later. I usually go to Rausch Creek in PA which is motocross(Natalie and Wimmer go there). I guess Delaware sand and Pa dirt tracks are too different. Granted supposedly there have been big changes, I hope to hear a review from someone who has been there for their first time and they rave about it.
Hey, can anyone post some pictures?

JW450R1
04-26-2006, 06:06 PM
well we can have no where to practice/race/ride:eek2:

jrspawn
04-26-2006, 07:33 PM
Originally posted by JW450R1
well we can have no where to practice/race/ride:eek2:

Yeah, and i dont think we want that to happen... From what i hear alot of tracks including rausch creek have went under new ownership and or made bad changes, like downgrading atv tracks, or totally taking them out. And i dont mean to bash anyone at all on this site or make this seem personal to anyone, but people need to stop crying about tracks that might be rough or not to their likings, because if all people do is complain there will be no place to ride and practice. You have to look at it threw the eyes of track owners, if they hear alot of complaining from a certain group of riders when everyone else is fine with the place, they are eventually push that certain group away, and still tend to their money makers, unfortunet as it might sound, thats whats happenning. Blue diamond is making an effort with atv's and having a good outdoor motocross track for us, give it time and co operate with it, and it will only get better. I said this almost a year ago when that place was just a trail with a couple hills of dirt in the middle of it, now its shaping up to a track that some of the nation's top riders at all levels like to come too. And the best point yet, its a place for us to go..........

Justin
jrspawn@aol.com

JW450R1
04-27-2006, 05:28 PM
very well said.i agree.maybe a sugguestion box.i ride at rausch and think it's good.i travel 2 hours to get their to.we al should be happy with the tracks that are still out their:p

Crazy lil punk
04-30-2006, 07:01 PM
i would like to go to blue diamond but they wont let me ride cuz im only 14 n i ride a 400ex

polakmike7
05-01-2006, 07:00 AM
wat u mean they wont let u ride a 400?? are they seriosuly strict bout tht **** cuz ive been to a few places n im 15 ridin a 400ex too n they could care less...im actually thinkin bout goin to blue diamond this weekend but now idk....guys u know anythin bout this age thing?

jrspawn
05-01-2006, 09:40 AM
Alright, first off, laws are laws and you cant blame someone for enforcing them. Second off, have your parent come and co sign and you will be fine. Dont make a huge deal becuase of your age with a 400, just go to the signup window, and have your dad sign you in, thats that, nothing else said. You will be fine. But legally and lawfully, the under 16 thing is true. Nothing new either. But like i said, just go, have a parent sign you in, and be on your way.

Justin
jrspawn@aol.com

quad2xtreme
05-01-2006, 05:28 PM
I can't speak to Blue Diamond but...

Breezewood is a great park for quads. If you haven't been there, it is worth the drive. The owner is a quad guy so all the jumps favor quads...the spacing coming out of turns, the landers aren't too steep, etc.

This weekend Breezewood is hosting a weekend specifically for ATVrider forum members.

There is plenty of space to camp, showers for cleaning up, a clubhouse with hot food and a place to rest, watch quad related DVDs, etc.

The track is disc'd regularly and watered to keep the dust down.

/Jon

jrspawn
05-01-2006, 05:53 PM
Hey, sounds like a nice place, we are wanting to go there someday and check it out. But for us locals in De thats a little hike, so we are trying to get Blue diamond up to par for quads.

Justin
jrspawn@aol.com

quad2xtreme
05-01-2006, 06:00 PM
Originally posted by jrspawn
Hey, sounds like a nice place, we are wanting to go there someday and check it out. But for us locals in De thats a little hike, so we are trying to get Blue diamond up to par for quads.

Justin
jrspawn@aol.com

It is <2 hours from Baltimore. I make it from 15 minutes east of BWI airport in Pasadena in 2 hours 5 minutes. It shouldn't be that bad for an occasional weekend trip when you are looking for something new. There are always at least 10-20 people camping out. I totally understand trying to get your local spot ATV friendly. The Landing MX is less than 1 hr from me but it is totally geared for mx bikes. I kept hoping things would change but got tired of waiting. The extra 2 hours I spend on the road each weekend is more than made up with less wear and tear on my body from hitting smooth landers. I save time not packing a cooler too. For $11, I got a pork Bar-B-Q sandwich, 2 burgers, 2 diet cokes, and 2 gatorades.

/jon

predator dad
05-02-2006, 05:14 AM
How far is Breezewood from Raushe Creek? I've been there. The 3 1/2 ride from Rehoboth Beach DE was well worth it. I've been wanting to go to Breezewood. I'm on vacation the last week of June. Plan on taking my son to a track.

quad2xtreme
05-02-2006, 05:23 AM
Originally posted by predator dad
How far is Breezewood from Raushe Creek? I've been there. The 3 1/2 ride from Rehoboth Beach DE was well worth it. I've been wanting to go to Breezewood. I'm on vacation the last week of June. Plan on taking my son to a track.

According to Yahoo! Maps, total trip will take just under 5 hrs. It shows you going to Annapolis then up 97 towards Baltimore and then 100 West towards BWI Airport. If you are familiar with how long it will take you to get this far, it will take an additional 1 hr and 50 minutes from the airport.

It is well worth the trip. I recommend contacting Dan and staying in one of the cabins.

Link to Breezewood Proving Grounds (http://www.breezewoodprovinggrounds.com)

/Jon

predator dad
05-02-2006, 05:31 AM
Cool. It'll take about 4 hrs. It only takes me 1hr 45mins to get to Annapolis. I'll be over by the bay bridge Saturday for the Rockfish tounament. Then Sunday if the weather holds out, I'm hitting Blue Diamond.

quad2xtreme
05-02-2006, 05:52 AM
There is also a place in Easton, MD.

The Landing MX (http://thelandingmx.com)

The intermediate and pro tracks heavily favors bikes but it does have 2 kids tracks (under 8 or so) and a beginner track that are quad friendly. By favoring bikes, I mean it would be tough for a comparable quad rider to keep pace with a comparable bike rider. The landers are a bit steep and short, there are several rhythm and whoop sections. The spacing on several back to back doubles coupled with the short landers favor bikes.

For quad riders wanting the best experience, I highly recommend Breezewood though.

/Jon

RuffRyder
05-02-2006, 08:45 AM
I'll be goin to blue diamond saturday or sunday. lemme kno when you guys are goin....sat or sun. And I'll be there. BDP isnt my favorite track but I'll get used to it. look for the yellow and black YFZ

RuffRyder
05-02-2006, 07:37 PM
Looks like Im headed there early Saturday morning. Not sure if there is a race sunday so better safe than sorry. Lookin forward to seeing anyone else who shows up. Just look for the 05 SE yfz and run me over or sumtin

jrspawn
05-02-2006, 07:51 PM
I should be there, either on the east coast YFZ, or the Walsh quad. Hopefully we get a good turn out.

Justin
jrspawn@aol.com

predator dad
05-04-2006, 02:52 AM
I'll be at Blue Diamond on Sunday with my son on his Predator 90. I'll be on a white 06 YFZ.

J-man67
05-04-2006, 05:38 PM
TAKE PICS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Try to get the whole track and stuff. If appealing enough, I will go.

RuffRyder
05-04-2006, 06:54 PM
Predator dad, I think I've met yo at the track before? You got a yosh pipe and some HD holeshots? Looks like I may move my riding to Sunday, depending on the weather. If its nice Saturday tho, Im there...forget Sunday

jrspawn
05-04-2006, 07:27 PM
Hey, looks like im in the same boat, if decent weather, im going saturday, if not ill go sunday. Ill be on a East Coast YFZ.
Justin
jrspawn@aol.com

predator dad
05-05-2006, 02:07 AM
Yeah. I met you before.I've put new suspension, a-arms,axle, and rims on it since I last saw you. I'll definately be there on Sunday. Saturday I'm in a fishing tournament over in St. Michaels,MD.

predator dad
05-05-2006, 02:08 AM
Hey jrspawn. Do you live on Choptank road in Middletown?

jrspawn
05-05-2006, 10:44 AM
nope, sent ya a pm.

Justin

RuffRyder
05-06-2006, 04:22 PM
Couldnt make it today, woke up at around 10 with my phone blowin up...Apparently I was scheduled to work, when I really wasnt...Just an excuse to get me to be there for someone else...Pretty much ruined my whole day. I AM going to Seaford tomorrow (Sunday) so hopefully some quads will be out there.

jrspawn
05-06-2006, 08:55 PM
Hey, went to blue diamond today, track was in great shape, we are heading back there tomorrow also, hope to see some more quads there.

Justin
jrspawn@aol.com

J-man67
05-07-2006, 04:50 AM
can someone take pics? I have yet to see one picture of that place anywhere besides the website, and we all know that sucks.

Thanks

predator dad
05-07-2006, 04:52 PM
Went to Blue Diamond today. The track was great and there were a lot of quads. Had a great day until anti-freeze started shooting out of my quad.

JRP
05-07-2006, 05:52 PM
hey do they have a website?

97blaster200
05-07-2006, 06:17 PM
do you have to be a certain age to ride there? im 17 and everywhere i want go riding with my friends you have to be 18 to ride there without a parent. my parents dont like quads and i just want to ride! so what i am asking is...is there a waiver that my parents have to sign? i couldnt find anything on there site.

J-man67
05-07-2006, 07:17 PM
Originally posted by predator dad
Went to Blue Diamond today. The track was great and there were a lot of quads. Had a great day until anti-freeze started shooting out of my quad.

What happened? Blow a hose? Loose clamp?

jrspawn
05-07-2006, 07:25 PM
Hey, i beleive its if you are under 18 you have to have a parent sign for you, or i think you can bring a notorized letter to the track and still be good. Give them a call wendsday and ask them. I went today from about 2 to 5 or so, i think i saw you predator, i saw a white yfz with a predator 90 by it, i was there on my white/blue east coast yfz, in a yellow chevy 2500hd. Def. a good day out there, track was in good shape and more quads came up today.

Justin
jrspawn@aol.com

predator dad
05-08-2006, 02:38 AM
I don't know what happened to it. On the right side where the hose comes out of the radiator and then it goes into a metal hose that leads to the engine, it's leaking all around where it goes into the engine....Any advice?

predator dad
05-08-2006, 02:42 AM
Yeah. That was me with the little tricked out 90 and white yfz. There were some good riders out there. I'm just an average rider that likes to have fun. Glad to see a lot of quads. Were you there when they helicoptered out that dude on the dirtbike? If it was someone on a quad they would ban all quads and have it all over the news...

JW450R1
05-08-2006, 04:52 AM
does any one have any pics

jrspawn
05-08-2006, 12:08 PM
Hey, for the leak at the water inlet, make sure the little clamp that holds the tube in is tight, if so, remove the tube, clean it, and ou could either put a little silicone or even grease around it to seal it, ive done this with some of my other yz engines that leaked around there, almost seemed like a common problem for all the yz engines.

Yeah i was there when the biker got lifter out, normally someone gets hurt pretty badout on the bike track eery weekend it seems like, that track is a no joke serious track, get alot of people out there trying to ride over there heads and it bites them. I should be back out there in a couple weeks, getting married this weekend and off to the honeymoon, St. croix in the virgin islands, i cant wait. Dont think they have any race tracks out there though:( But i think ill be ok for a couple weeks:D

Justin
jrspawn@aol.com

lovetoridedirt
05-08-2006, 03:16 PM
what is the quad side like? I know a beginner who LOVES to ride over his head and want to make sure it won't be to radical down there.

predator dad
05-08-2006, 03:17 PM
Cool. Thanks man. Congrats on the marriage.

jrspawn
05-08-2006, 08:59 PM
Thanks predator dad.

Lovetoridedirt, i would say the quad track is great for all levels of riders, the jumps are all tabletops or step ups, no do or die doubles(although i would love to see some, but tabletops are much safer for everyone) and they are all quad friendly, every jump is easily doable for any quad, take offs are level now and landings are good too. All i can say is come out and check it out!!! They are putting alot more effort into it now that tey see more quads coming, and when the track is groomed right, it is unbelievable. So try try the place out, support our local tracks! Tell them Justin Reed recomended it for you.

Thank you
Justin
jrspawn@aol.com

J-man67
05-09-2006, 06:23 AM
Originally posted by lovetoridedirt
what is the quad side like? I know a beginner who LOVES to ride over his head and want to make sure it won't be to radical down there.

HAHA, whatever! It sounds like I finally want to check out Blue Diamond. I have been getting mixed feelings about it, but it sounds like its decent. Jason (lovetoridedirt) lets try it out soon.

mike nash
05-16-2006, 06:47 PM
Can anyone post pix of the track?

J-man67
05-17-2006, 06:16 PM
Have fun getting them. It seems like cameras are not allowed at the track. NO ONE has and pics. When I go, I'll be sure to snap some off.

RuffRyder
05-27-2006, 02:27 PM
I went last Wednesday and rode...also took a video camera. They ARE allowed....no dumb rules about that. Im tryin to go again tomorrow (SUNDAY) or I'll be there Wednesday after 4 (only 15 bucks) . Anyone else interested? As far as pictures...Im goin to try to get my buddy (majors in photo at UD) to use his fancy *** camcorder/digicam to get me riding, so I'll be able to get some quality shots.

mike nash
05-27-2006, 03:47 PM
That would be great.

BiG ReD l00ser
05-29-2006, 06:47 PM
ok well i was just there and they said they would let me ride because i have a 91cc or higher quad... i was like wtf my fat *** aint ridin no 90cc i have a raptor350 and they wouldnt let me ride so let me know if anything changed...

Over-land 450r
05-29-2006, 07:53 PM
i wannna go somne day soon what are there hours.... Is it tru there doin away wit the bikes??? Please post some pics.

RuffRyder
05-29-2006, 07:53 PM
I dont see how you guys are havin so much trouble. Are you tryin to go alone? If you are under 18, your going to need a parent to sign. Dont tell them what your riding, just sign the papers n be on with it.

RuffRyder
05-29-2006, 07:55 PM
Originally posted by Over-land 450r
i wannna go somne day soon what are there hours.... Is it tru there doin away wit the bikes??? Please post some pics.

Wednesday thru Friday are like 1-7pm and Sat-sun are like 10-6....Closed Monday and Tuesday. I'll post up some video n pics of the track shortly. I need my buddy to get the footage onto the net.

jrspawn
05-29-2006, 08:30 PM
Big red looser, that doesnt sound right. Who are you talking to there. Thats just not adding up right.

Justin

Over-land 450r
05-29-2006, 09:36 PM
thanks alot.

ROb

predator dad
05-30-2006, 03:58 AM
Anyone riding this Sunday? I'm Thinking of heading up there. I haven't riden in like a month. Got my YFZ fixed. It was just an O-ring where the radiator hose goes into the motor.

RuffRyder
05-30-2006, 08:19 PM
Im not gonna ride for a week or two. Gotta strip the bike down and go over it.. havin a small problem. Random bogging...feels like its runnin outta fuel but its got half a tank. I'll work on it

Jersey450R
05-31-2006, 06:30 AM
I will be out there all day sunday with about 10 people.

Over-land 450r
05-31-2006, 12:13 PM
who r u goin with dave?? im gonna try headfing up there i i can get my bike together...if my parts come in it will be together

RuffRyder
06-01-2006, 06:09 PM
Originally posted by Jersey450R
I will be out there all day sunday with about 10 people.

Were you there last Sunday? You got LT suspension of that 450R? I was ridin around for a few laps with a 450R with suspension and I think the riders number was in the 30s.. I was on a black and yellow YFZ

JW450R1
06-07-2006, 07:22 PM
any-one have any pics?...

RuffRyder
06-07-2006, 08:07 PM
Originally posted by JW450R1
any-one have any pics?...

I've got video but Im waitin to get it onto this computer somehow. The video is sideways on the screen and I dont kno **** about editing!:mad:

predator dad
06-08-2006, 02:41 AM
Anyone hitting Blue Diamond this weekend? I see there is a race in Seaford and quads are included. I might go check it out.

JW450R1
06-08-2006, 02:33 PM
does any one else have other pic of diamond.there web site is very hard to check out

mike nash
06-08-2006, 03:10 PM
I asked back in April, I guess no one has a camera. If someone did put up pix I might drive three hours to get there. Still haven't heard a reveiw yet.

jrspawn
06-08-2006, 04:18 PM
LOL, just read all the post for a review, its a good quad track man. Some people might like it better than others, all depends on your skill and how you ride really. Just pack your stuff up and come on down and ride!!! Its that easy, its always good to try new places, we could take pics all day long, but nothing beats riding the place. So pack it up and hit the road down here.

Justin

Jersey450R
06-08-2006, 09:20 PM
Originally posted by RuffRyder
Were you there last Sunday? You got LT suspension of that 450R? I was ridin around for a few laps with a 450R with suspension and I think the riders number was in the 30s.. I was on a black and yellow YFZ

you may have seen mmy bud tommy, #40 with JRD FOX evols...?

Hammer trx450r
06-11-2006, 07:07 PM
We went today!! I like it, nice and layed back. Quad track felt like i was riding chatsworth MX track. very cool

RuffRyder
06-11-2006, 08:24 PM
Im gonna tear my bike down, try to fix my little bog issue then hopefully be their either next Saturday or Sunday. Depends of how the weather is and if there is a race. Anyone else down?

Over-land 450r
06-11-2006, 09:30 PM
is there races there? and wen? i am going to come some day.

Crazy lil punk
06-11-2006, 09:46 PM
some one take sum pics please, if some one takes pics i might get off my fat arse and ride

JW450R1
06-12-2006, 03:58 AM
pics please

Hammer trx450r
06-12-2006, 04:01 AM
pics of what????? the track? Go to the site there is a shot from the air.

RuffRyder
06-12-2006, 05:31 AM
I told you guys I HAVE VIDEO from riding there..just need to get it on the net. The only problem I have is that it comes up sideways on the screen.

JW450R1
06-12-2006, 08:01 AM
yes i remember,i just thought may-be some one else had any other pics.

jrspawn
06-12-2006, 10:38 AM
JUST PACK UP AND RIDE!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Pics dont do anything justice, and pics cant make things look better or worse depending on who and how they are taken. So if your within 3 hours or so, just come down and ride, its as easy as that. Its a good place to ride.

Justin

mole97
06-12-2006, 07:32 PM
JUST PACK UP AND RIDE!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Pics dont do anything justice, and pics cant make things look better or worse depending on who and how they are taken. So if your within 3 hours or so, just come down and ride, its as easy as that. Its a good place to ride.

Justin Hey Justin, I'm thinking of takin a ride down there to check the place out, ? 1 Is thier camping and ?# 2 what's the address so i can mapquest? thanx man!

Jersey450R
06-12-2006, 08:11 PM
I told you guys I HAVE VIDEO from riding there..just need to get it on the net. The only problem I have is that it comes up sideways on the screen.

thats ok, just pick your monitor up and put it on it's side ;)

rpyfz450
06-13-2006, 07:13 AM
Hey, for the leak at the water inlet, make sure the little clamp that holds the tube in is tight, if so, remove the tube, clean it, and ou could either put a little silicone or even grease around it to seal it, ive done this with some of my other yz engines that leaked around there, almost seemed like a common problem for all the yz engines.

Where's the "water inlet"?

jrspawn
06-13-2006, 09:02 AM
Originally posted by rpyfz450
Where's the "water inlet"?

Its actually the outlet, the tube off of the water pump.

Justin

RuffRyder
06-13-2006, 08:19 PM
As promised, here are some pictures and video clips. Mostly me messing around, but it shows the track. By the way I'm the YFZ.
http://server2.ihostphotos.com/show.php?id=150451
http://server2.ihostphotos.com/show.php?id=150452
http://server2.ihostphotos.com/show.php?id=150453

And here are some clips...
Clip 1 (http://media.putfile.com/braap-12)
Clip 2 (http://media.putfile.com/robemo)
Clip 3 (http://media.putfile.com/dipset1)
Clip 4 (http://media.putfile.com/chea1)

JRP
06-13-2006, 08:47 PM
As promised, here are some pictures and video clips. Mostly me messing around, but it shows the track. By the way I'm the YFZ.
http://server2.ihostphotos.com/show.php?id=150451
http://server2.ihostphotos.com/show.php?id=150452
http://server2.ihostphotos.com/show.php?id=150453

And here are some clips...
Clip 1 (http://media.putfile.com/braap-12)
Clip 2 (http://media.putfile.com/robemo)
Clip 3 (http://media.putfile.com/dipset1)
Clip 4 (http://media.putfile.com/chea1)

hey thanks alot for the pics and videos man, i wish it wasnt a 4hr drive for me.:( i see you spun out outta that one turn, dont you just hate whenthat happens

RuffRyder
06-15-2006, 04:11 PM
Wheres all the people that demanded pics?

JW450R1
06-15-2006, 04:37 PM
yeah,the pics look pretty good.the jumps look nice.the track looks like a more open of a track.i going to have to get down there and try it when i get my r back together.

Crazy lil punk
06-15-2006, 06:06 PM
thanks for the pics ruffryder, whos going during the week some time? illl meet u there

JW450R1
06-15-2006, 06:50 PM
hey,crazey have u been to atco