PDA

View Full Version : sleep apnia sufferers

bulkdriverlp
04-21-2006, 10:13 PM
i was talking to my boss the other day and we got on the subject of sleep apnia. its when you snore real loud, you stop breathing while you sleep, irregular heartbeats ect. you are tired all day long, dragging your feet. this is what i feel like all the time. i could tilt my head and fall asleep no problem any time of the day. so we got to talking and he is on a machine that pumps air into your nostrils that is humidified. what this does is give you the air you need to breathe easier. i went to the "sleep doctor" today and he said i am definately a candidate, so in a couple weeks i have to have a sleep study done and probobly get a machine. my boss's revealed he stopped breathing 55 times in an hour. the more people i talk to the more i find out that it is common. anybody else have this problem or on the "machine" thanks for the help

2002400ex
04-21-2006, 10:17 PM
my dad has a "machine" he loves it a lot. he doesnt snore anymore and he isnt sleepy during the day. it is also a lot healthier for you if you suffer from sleep apnea and have a machine.

Stevie-D
04-21-2006, 10:43 PM
i used to have that, i think. my tonsils were screwed up...and i'd stop breathing for like a minute at a time while sleeping:eek2: