PDA

View Full Version : pissed!

Stevie-D
04-21-2006, 09:52 PM
i bought myself a 93 dodge W150 off of a dealer about a month ago. had the truck 3 DAYS and blew the tranny. had no warranty, but under PA law, he was required to fix it. well after a few weeks of calling him every day, he finally finished it. went down yesterday to pick it up, (2 hours each way) and man, was i pumped. im thinking completely rebuilt tranny, beautiful truck, awesome weather. was gonna cruise with it all weekend.

well i get about halfway home, and one of the tranny fluid cooler lines blows at the fitting. didn't know it until it ran completely out of fluid and lost power. the dumbass either cranked the fitting way too hard, or didn't reflare it. so after being HUNG UP ON BY THE DEALER for the second time, i decide to fix it myself. so 2 hours, over $100 in tools and parts later, im rolling again. get it home, running great. had it out all day today...went over to my buddies place to help him get his predator back together. i go to leave only to find out that my reverse is gone. it will go into gear and roll at an idle if on completely level ground. if i get on the gas at all, it will lock right up. im assuming either the torque convertor (which was what i thought the problem was in the first place...not replaced:mad: ) is locking up in reverse, or some of the clutches or disks got fried when it ran out of fluid.

point of my story, this used car dealer is really living up to his reputation, and DODGE AUTO TRANNYS SUCK ***!!!!!!!!!!!

04-21-2006, 09:58 PM
lawyer+lawsuit=lots of money for you

Stevie-D
04-21-2006, 10:12 PM
im beginning to think that that's where all this is heading. not really happy about it.

i'll tell you this though, the ****s about to hit the fan:mad:

fasterblaster09
04-22-2006, 09:19 AM
damn that sucks *****, hope things get beter for you

sly400ex
04-22-2006, 10:18 AM
Get a hold of the Better Business Bureau, they should be able to lead you in the right direction. That sucks!

Stevie-D
04-22-2006, 11:38 AM
weve contacted the motor vehicle consumer protection agency thing...(or whatever it's called) it looks like he is liable to fix it again...but i don't want him to touch the truck. i have to find out if the law will allow me to have an ACTUAL TRANNY SHOP fix it and be reimbursed by the dealer. if not, i will be getting my money back for it. i refuse to let the same guy work on it again

if he tries to screw with me again, i'll nail his *** to the wall:devil:

MR.BIG
04-22-2006, 01:40 PM
That sucks definately let some one who knows tranny's work on it!

04-22-2006, 09:31 PM
thats a DODGE for ya :p

Mxjunkie
04-22-2006, 09:38 PM
Originally posted by MixMasterMike
lawyer+lawsuit=lots of money for you

Also a lot of lawyer fees if things dont work out your way..

DieselBoy
04-22-2006, 11:24 PM
get your money back, collect your loses and move on. our dodge 2500 5.9 gas 4x4 at work is a hunk of junk, the transmission goes in it about 5 times a summer.

here she is when the plow was on for the winter.

DieselBoy
04-22-2006, 11:29 PM
lovely, the pic didn't work

250rAL
04-23-2006, 10:13 AM
Dodge has a long history of transmission problems but sheesh, the thing's 13 years old and you bought it with no warranty. You gamble when you buy used whether it's from a dealer or private. How much do you expect for nothing? Just get a used transmission and put it in yourself.

DieselBoy
04-23-2006, 10:43 AM
i found that when they switched the transmission from the above dodge with another one (whole different unit) it worked a lot better and lasted longer as opposed to just fixing the current one...

04-23-2006, 11:22 AM
Originally posted by Mxjunkie
Also a lot of lawyer fees if things dont work out your way.. some lawyers only charge if you win right or is that in different kind of situations?

Mxjunkie
04-23-2006, 11:54 AM
Most allways charge per hour. I've herd of the ones on tv and radio etc that dont charge unless you win but I'm sure they dont work for nothing. If you win they get their share either way. My brothers a lawyer :p

ilpadrino113
04-23-2006, 02:59 PM
it's really no secret that dodge auto tranny's suck. The 5 spd's are good trucks tho

Stevie-D
04-23-2006, 05:16 PM
Dodge has a long history of transmission problems but sheesh, the thing's 13 years old and you bought it with no warranty. You gamble when you buy used whether it's from a dealer or private. How much do you expect for nothing? Just get a used transmission and put it in yourself.

i realize it's an old truck, bought with no warranty. i contacted the dealer as soon as it happened the first time. he offered to look at it and fix it for me. he supposedly rebuilt the whole tranny..i'll take his word on it. but the line that blew out should have been replaced. i think that if i had invested money into a tranny i would put some new lines on it.
makes perfect sense to me that when the line blew out more than a few parts in there got fried..hence no reverse.

now...about the whole problem with the dealer. originally, though i did not know this at the time, he was not required by law to fix it. he did anyway. i'll commend him on that.
but SINCE HE DID do work on the truck, he can now be held liable for any problems with the part that he fixed (tranny)

i don't want him working on it again, but i don't want to give it up and recoup my money. if i can't have a tranny shop fix it and be reimbursed, i will find a 5-speed that i can slap in there. not too happy about it, but such is life.