PDA

View Full Version : is 06 450 faster than 05

trent03z400
04-21-2006, 07:44 PM
I'm in the process of selling my suzuki and getting a 450r. I have heard that the 06 450 are alot faster than the 05. Just wondering if that was true becuase i don't know that much about them.

juiced450r
04-21-2006, 09:26 PM
There are a few threads already that will answer you question

CHEVYZ
04-22-2006, 08:49 AM
Well, yesterday I got to put them to the test. I have been hearing alot of stuff around hear regarding this and I decided to see for my self. First of all my 05. I put a HCS2 on it, a HMF slip-on, a K&N airfilter, a Big Gun rev box, and I removed the airbox lid and jetted the carb. My 06 is a bone stock bike with the exeption of I took the baffle out of the pipe, removed the airbox lid and re-jetted the carb ( And it was running a little rich). The 05 feels alot faster becuase of the way it hits, but I got anxious and decided to just let her rip- HRC kit or not. Well, off the line, the 06 already has the edge through 2nd and 3rd. By 4th the 05 started to come back on it and in 5th as well, but not what I expected. The 05 was BARELY edging out the 06, and if whoever was riding the 05 messed up ever so slightly, the 06 would beat it. Top-end was sooo similar even though the 05 had a 50 pound lighter and higher gearing. It could have possibly been the area that we were racing at, but still. This crap about the 06s is not true. It is just all about how ell your engine runs... all are different, and personally, I just must have gotten a good one. Anyway, I was very pleased that my bone stock- basically- 06 could hand so closely with this modded 05. I cannot wait until I get my HRC kit.... and then my pipe will be coming soon after!