PDA

View Full Version : 2006 GNCC Series Round #5 - Loretta Lynn's - Live ATV Race Coverage

Admin
04-21-2006, 07:04 PM
Hurricane Mills - After starting the season in Florida and working it way up the East Coast to the Carolinas, the GNCC Series now westward bound to the coal miner’s daughter, Loretta Lynn’s Ranch nestled in hills of Tennessee just over an hour west of, Country Music Capital, Nashville.

Last year, thunderstorms dumped buckets of rain on the track the night before the race, which turned most of the ranch into a lake as the river overflowed it banks, and this year, racers were created once again with rain as they arrived at the track with heavy rain moving in Thursday night prior to them arriving and lasting into Friday with scattered showers. Fortunately, the weather wasn’t as extreme as last year, and as of now there are only puddles and mud to deal with as river remains within its banks, which hopefully will remain the case especially this year because the area flooded last year is the main parking lot for the Pros and the vendors.

From how quickly the fields began filling up with vehicles is surely doesn’t look like the poor weather and ridiculously high gas prices have deterred many from making the trip to the oldest track on the GNCC schedule, which remains a favorite of many riders including six time champion, Bill Ballance.

Admin
04-21-2006, 07:17 PM
When the Racer Production crew decided on layout for this year’s event, the area was bone dry, but the rains came and created miniature ponds down what was once the perfect spot for Pro Row, which had many reaching for their rubber boots as they parked a safe distance away from the actual track to avoid having their vehicles filled with water when the racers come through for the first lap in tomorrow’s race.

Admin
04-21-2006, 07:19 PM
The rest of the track in the valley is littered with puddles, which surely have the Morning riders drenched after the first lap, but if the sun comes out as forecasted with temps near 80, the track should be in perfect condition for the Afternoon Race.

Admin
04-21-2006, 07:23 PM
The start this year will be on the motocross track, which is almost completely grown over in grass.

Admin
04-21-2006, 07:26 PM
At the end of the start straight away, the racers will go through a s-shape turn with a hard right almost immediately followed by a hard left, which heads into a high speed section on a small portion the motocross track before heading into the woods and along the river and finally back across the road and into the hills for some big hillclimbs and tight woods riding.

Admin
04-21-2006, 07:33 PM
With any mud race, many racers will be forced to get a fresh set of tires to gain as much traction as possible in the slick and sloppy conditions, which meant the Tire Balls crew will be busy as well especially since Loretta Lynn’s is harder on tires than almost any of other track besides the Wisp with its sharp shale rocks slicing them up, so Tire Balls is a no brainier after spending hundreds of dollars in fuel to get to the race and risk a flat tire in the first lap, which could ruin your day and weekend.

Jeff Brest was setup in style this weekend with a Concept Haulers rig, which are appearing more and more at ATV racing events.

Admin
04-21-2006, 07:37 PM
Checkout the 12’ toy box in the rear of the Concept Hauler, which eliminated the need to haul a trailer.

Admin
04-21-2006, 07:59 PM
#14 Chris Bithell had a fresh set of Super Grip tires mounted with Tire Balls in hopes of working his way back onto the Podium this weekend as the Looney Tuned Racing Team has been really making a statement the past two races with Houston winning the Overall in Big Buck and Bithell rounding out the Podium at Steele Creek.

Admin
04-21-2006, 08:03 PM
Pirelli's Bryan Cook is finally healed up from his collar bone injury he suffered in Florida while running in the top three overall, and with only 15 minutes of ride time since, he just going to focus on finishing the race and hopefully be back in the mix of things soon.

Admin
04-21-2006, 08:08 PM
Stephanie Parton with umbrella in hand is looking for a repeat performance of last year when she took claimed the win over Angel Atwell followed by Traci Cecco. Last week at Big Buck, Stephanie Parton was in an intense battle for the lead with both Atwell and Cecco, but Angel Atwell was able to pull off the win followed by Parton as she appears to finally have her new Predator Outlaw ride dialed in.

Admin
04-21-2006, 08:12 PM
At first glance, I would have thought Mike Penland was back on a Kawasaki, but instead he was riding around on a scaled down green Bombardier ATV, which is a street legal in Canada and Europe as it is equipped with rear view mirrors, turn signals, and even on/off-road tires.

Admin
04-21-2006, 08:15 PM
With the rain coming down, the conditions seemed to only be appealing to ducks and kids as they both couldn’t get enough of playing in the mud and water with Clayton having a real blast throwing rocks into the water puddles.

Admin
04-21-2006, 08:18 PM
BRP Racer, Michael Swift, also didn’t seem phased by the rain as he sees it as the perfect opportunity to get himself backup on the Podium as he did last year at “The John Penton” in one of muddiest races of the year.

Admin
04-21-2006, 08:21 PM
As I was heading out for the evening, the river was approaching its banks, but the rain was beginning to let up and has since stopped, which was truly welcomed by all those parked in the valley and the Racer Productions crew.

Admin
04-21-2006, 08:24 PM
The one thing for sure is the fish didn’t seem to care about the rain, and there were several anglers on river banks reeling in some rainbow trout, which concludes the Loretta Lynn’s Preview.

Check back on Saturday for Live Race Updates throughout the day from Round #5 of the GNCC Series as Loretta Lynn’s Ranch.

Johnny & Monica
04-22-2006, 09:22 AM
Traci Cecco and Stephanie Parton are off and running with a sizable lead over the next 5 womens racers who are all in a pack.

Johnny & Monica
04-22-2006, 09:30 AM
Stephanie Verkade and Angel Atwell are way back in the pack of women's racers.

Johnny Gallagher running up front in first or second

Kevin Johnston followed by John Bowers leading ute unlimited.

Mike Swift up front too

Johnny & Monica
04-22-2006, 09:45 AM
Traci is leading still at the 3 mile marker Stephanie Parton 15 seconds back Fulkerson and Albright about a minute back in a pack of women.

Johnny Gallagher appears to be running a third overall as he is just running just seconds behind the women.

Johnny & Monica
04-22-2006, 09:48 AM
Traci has a 30 second lead over Stephanie Parton and well over a minute gap to the next racers.

Johnny & Monica
04-22-2006, 09:54 AM
There's still standing water everywhere so the races are a muddy mess and hard to tell who is who.

Johnny & Monica
04-22-2006, 10:13 AM
Traci Cecco continues to lead with Parton still holding down second place.

11 mile marker Brock Parker with Swift seconds back and Bowers still up near the front in ute unlimited.

Billy Good in top 10 overall at this point

renae
04-22-2006, 12:13 PM
Who won? What happened?

Johnny & Monica
04-22-2006, 12:24 PM
I'm waiting for updates. Harlen's cell phone will only pick up on the top of the hills and it's come and go there. And then my phone will not quit ringing off the wall either so he may have tried to get through and couldn't.

geogeorge
04-22-2006, 12:37 PM
Originally posted by Johnny & Monica
I'm waiting for updates. Harlen's cell phone will only pick up on the top of the hills and it's come and go there. And then my phone will not quit ringing off the wall either so he may have tried to get through and couldn't.

I thought you would be there live Monica. Your not?

Did the old guy go? If so besure to let me know how he did.

BCriders411
04-22-2006, 12:37 PM
How is Justin Finley doing

400exyzkiller
04-22-2006, 12:40 PM
who is winning or won the afternoon race

Johnny & Monica
04-22-2006, 12:46 PM
Originally posted by geogeorge
I thought you would be there live Monica. Your not?

Did the old guy go? If so besure to let me know how he did.

Johnny didn't get to make it either. He's helping Miles put a roof on his house and Johnny's Honda is out of whack again and spewing oil in the airbox!

Johnny & Monica
04-22-2006, 12:50 PM
Bill Ballance Chris Borich Duane Johnson Chris Jenks slightly ahead of the rest of the Pros at the end of lap one.

Traci Cecco takes another overall win for the morning followed by Stephanie Parton and Ronnie Mills (16-21) C-class takes the final podium spot.

BCriders411
04-22-2006, 01:03 PM
Originally posted by Johnny & Monica
Bill Ballance Chris Borich Duane Johnson Chris Jenks slightly ahead of the rest of the Pros at the end of lap one.

Traci Cecco takes another overall win for the morning followed by Stephanie Parton and Ronnie Mills (16-21) C-class takes the final podium spot.

How is Justin Finley doing overall and in open b or 4-stroke b

geogeorge
04-22-2006, 01:09 PM
Go Duane.

Johnny & Monica
04-22-2006, 01:17 PM
Chris Jenks
Chris Borich
Bill Ballance
Duane Johnson

Yokely
Mcgill
Smiley
Houston
Baker
Bithell

Smiley is stuck in the mud in the valley he is now back behind Houston at about the 6 mile marker on the second lap

30 seconds back
Ribley pro am
Lagzdins
Brandon Ballance
Neidlander pro am
Derisi

Rice

cheryl bithell
04-22-2006, 01:19 PM
Does anyone know how the LTE racing team is doing.
and or Adam Mcgill i would appreciate it, thank you.

cheryl bithell
04-22-2006, 01:21 PM
Never mind i see that it was already posted.

QuadRacer041
04-22-2006, 01:23 PM
anymore info on the morning race?

Johnny & Monica
04-22-2006, 01:52 PM
Jenks is still out front
Ballance Borich Johnson all in the hunt

Sean Neidlander leading pro am

atvpitchick
04-22-2006, 02:30 PM
No more coverage?? I know cell phones out there stink! :scary:

quadsrfun
04-22-2006, 02:42 PM
Does anyone know who won it yet?

440xcex
04-22-2006, 02:48 PM
Maybe Lloyd Brock,dont know for sure!!!

Chino
04-22-2006, 03:12 PM
Ballance, Borich, and Jenks took the podium

marniee62
04-22-2006, 03:13 PM
Originally posted by quadsrfun
Does anyone know who won it yet?
Bill Balanace
Borich
Jenks
I don't know who after that. That was the top 3.

Johnny & Monica
04-22-2006, 03:24 PM
Bill Ballance got around Chris Jenks to take the win. Bill made the pass on Jenks caught a lapper hit a grape vine that sent him over the handlebars remounted his machine and took the win and Borich passed Jenks for second.

Johnny & Monica
04-22-2006, 03:28 PM
Harlen is on his way to the airport to make his flight back home so I won't have any more updates at this time.

See ya all at the Missouri, yes I did say see ya. Our whole family is so excited about the Seymore race in 2 weeks. Hope to see alot of you there.

McGillsis09
04-22-2006, 03:42 PM
Anyone know how McGill, Bithell & Brent Sturdivant finished?

TDBRPH
04-22-2006, 04:02 PM
what about johnson??

kkelly
04-22-2006, 04:51 PM
Brent Sturdivant won Pro Am and Finished 4th overall.
:) :) :) :) WAY TO GO BRENT..... GOOD JOB BUDDY!!!!

Brent's brother, Brandon Sturdivant, won the over all in the Paul Koontz Mega Series today at Masontown.....

Winning runs in the family today....

Admin
04-22-2006, 05:45 PM
Complete Results are now posted

Here is the link:
<li><a href="http://www.atvriders.com/atvresults/gncc200605morningatvresultsclass.pdf"><font size="1" face="Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif">Morning ATV Results By Class</font></a></li>
<li><a href="http://www.atvriders.com/atvresults/gncc200605morningatvresultsoverall.pdf"><font size="1" face="Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif">Morning ATV Overall Results</font></a> </li>
<li><a href="http://www.atvriders.com/atvresults/gncc200605afternoonatvresultsclass.pdf"><font size="1" face="Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif">Afternoon ATV Results By Class</font></a></li>
<li><a href="http://www.atvriders.com/atvresults/gncc200605afternoonatvresultsoverall.pdf"><font size="1" face="Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif">Afternoon ATV Overall Results</font></a> </li>

Admin
04-22-2006, 05:47 PM
Duane Johnson finished 5th Overall and 4th in the Pro Class, and he was running with the lead pack for the first 2 laps.

Arctic Cat Dad
04-22-2006, 05:50 PM
Way to go Brent Sturdivent!!! It's about time this young guy has some good luck for a change. He's an awesome rider. Way to go Borich and Jenks also.

dopeyferree
04-22-2006, 06:08 PM
Fred Mudd 18th in class before today--
OPEN B - 9th Overall!!!!!!!:macho

awesome450
04-22-2006, 06:53 PM
Good Job ,but the bad part is now he has to move up to the A class, which stinks if he was winning the class.

cdalejef
04-22-2006, 07:49 PM
Originally posted by dopeyferree
Fred Mudd 18th in class before today--
OPEN B - 9th Overall!!!!!!!:macho
Fred only completed 2 laps.

QUADROOKIE
04-22-2006, 11:22 PM
Good job Duane!! Top 5 again!! Good job Kim Muzzarelli!! Good job Jerome Rewerts!!! Whhoo hooo! Iowa representin!!!!

atvdude
04-23-2006, 06:29 AM
Wow 8 out of the top 10 where mounted on a honda. reminds me of the old 250r days.

awesome450
04-23-2006, 07:22 AM
These results are'nt correct! It shows fredd mudd in 1st in the B class and 9th overall, but on the gncc sight there all different.

Admin
04-23-2006, 07:33 AM
Originally posted by awesome450
These results are'nt correct! It shows fredd mudd in 1st in the B class and 9th overall, but on the gncc sight there all different.

I had to catch a plane, so the results were not revised for the Afternoon race, so there are a few incorrect finishes like Fred Mudd's 9th Overall in the B Class, but I figured 99% correct results were better than none.

cheryl bithell
04-23-2006, 01:48 PM
Great Job Brent.... that was fantastic!!!!! CONGRATS to you for a great race!!! Chris Jenks riding awesome too!!!!!! So-o-o Cool!!!

popo
04-23-2006, 06:25 PM
Originally posted by Jeff@TireBalls
Fred only completed 2 laps.

It was a 14 mile course. Thought it was never gonna end.:confused:

cdalejef
04-23-2006, 06:48 PM
What class did you run Popo?

popo
04-23-2006, 10:38 PM
Originally posted by Jeff@TireBalls
What class did you run Popo?

I run my own class. Guard,tackle,end

Guard the end of the start line.
Tackle who ever smudges my bling.
And prey for the 1st lap to end.

I'm running Sr.

bradley300
04-24-2006, 06:52 AM
i agree with you on that one popo, already broke the predator:( i was praying for the checkers at the end of the second lap. it never flet like that course was gonna end

400exmom
04-24-2006, 07:12 AM
Originally posted by bradley300
i agree with you on that one popo, already broke the predator:( i was praying for the checkers at the end of the second lap. it never flet like that course was gonna end I loved the long course~ not 1 bottleneck for me and the course didnt get distroyed so fast~ that raptor LOVES to climb hills~lol:)