PDA

View Full Version : need some help here!!!!

dunny_mark
04-21-2006, 05:11 PM
I was riding fine all day today,until I came to straight and cracked it wide open, went to go to 3rd and all of a sudden, it bogged out and died. I tried to restart and it would want to start then just die again. The plug was a nice tan color and everything else seamed up to par.

Any suggestions!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

SHADETREE101
04-21-2006, 05:20 PM
IF IT IS GETTING SPARK AND HAS COMPRESSION, THE ONLY THING MISSING IS FUEL. WILL IT IDLE, OR START WITH SOME THROTTLE OR CHOKED ? OF SO THEN YOUR PILOT JET IS CLOGGED. MIGHT WANT TO CHECK THE INLINE FUSE FROM YOUR BATTERY AND MAKE SURE A GROUND DIDN'T COME LOSE, JUST A THOUGHT.

dunny_mark
04-21-2006, 05:24 PM
It's a 250x-no battery--it will not start--I just put a cam in- I was wondering if it might of jumped timing?

Ralph
04-22-2006, 10:22 AM
Originally posted by dunny_mark
It's a 250x-no battery--it will not start--I just put a cam in- I was wondering if it might of jumped timing?

do u have a spark? check the pilot like stated above for any dirt clogging it.

SHADETREE101
04-23-2006, 07:11 AM
i have seen alot of valves tighten up from not being properly tightened. if they are hanging open you will have this problem.

dunny_mark
04-23-2006, 07:23 AM
I checked the timing,valve lash, took the carb apart and cleaned it and then found that the carb boot going to the head was off alittle bit . It had a air leak. Wonder if that could of been the problem?