PDA

View Full Version : class rings

YFZ450Ridr
04-21-2006, 03:38 PM
any one else got a class ring? we just got some handouts and im ordering mine next week and ill get it next year as a junior. they had so much stuff to pick from but heres what i ended up with - 10k white gold with a diamond on the top, my birthstone, and my signature will be engraved on the inside of the band.

pic

400exrules
04-21-2006, 03:42 PM
i got one a few months ago, i never wear it tho cuz i dont wanna lose it or somethin.....im not used to wearing rings

JRP
04-21-2006, 04:19 PM
i ordered mine last month. I have the quad on one side and my name on the other.

quads14589
04-21-2006, 04:23 PM
im not going to order mine for like 1 yr

ShiftFMX
04-21-2006, 04:23 PM
I got mine two years ago, And I wore it religiously for about....4 months, now its in some drawer, I got my signature on the inside of it, that was pretty cool, My stone on top it scratched to HELL!

theTman
04-21-2006, 04:28 PM
i didnt order one, i could careless if i have one or not even though they look cool

Tom TRX250R
04-21-2006, 04:40 PM
I had mine for two weeks and lost it in a lake skinny dipping with a girl!!:p

dirt308
04-21-2006, 07:12 PM
I got mine in the middle of this year. I got a hematite stone with checkered flags on one side and the fourwheeler on the other. The hematite stone is like a mirror.

XCAdam89
04-21-2006, 07:41 PM
I ordered mine last month from Jostens..$336.40...

I was going to get a quad on one side, but my folks said it didn't look "Professional" enough...lmao.

04-21-2006, 08:24 PM
id get a high school class ring if thats as far as your education is gonna go. otherwise save that money and get a really nice college class ring. IMO graduating high school is not a big deal and is just expected

wvspeedfreak
04-21-2006, 08:26 PM
I took my class ring money and bought an exhaust system for my quad :D

jaredZ400rider
04-21-2006, 08:37 PM
Originally posted by LTZ400ridr
any one else got a class ring? we just got some handouts and im ordering mine next week and ill get it next year as a junior. they had so much stuff to pick from but heres what i ended up with - 10k white gold with a diamond on the top, my birthstone, and my signature will be engraved on the inside of the band.

pic

i got same same exact ring with the same designs on the side..only mine says jared

04-22-2006, 08:01 AM
thant is a sweet ring!

too bad i dont go to school anymore :(

fasterblaster09
04-22-2006, 08:59 AM
Originally posted by wvspeedfreak
I took my class ring money and bought an exhaust system for my quad :D

cant go wrong there:p

TacomaNC4X4
04-23-2006, 08:27 PM
lol i took my classring money and used it on something usefull like a down payment on my new 400

miller821
04-23-2006, 08:35 PM
Class ring are to much money... The cheapest one that some guy offered us at our school was $94, but my parents can just give me $25 bucks and i'll be happy. And I ain't wasting my own money on something I ain't going to wear.

cool 300ex
04-23-2006, 08:54 PM
HAHA we just had that thing to the same kind of rings. Yeah they are expensive. I figured whats the point of getting one now i will wait till my senoir year probley if that they kind of seem like a waste of money.

ak_stick
04-24-2006, 12:13 AM
I think HS class rings are silly, that said, I bought one, I wore it for a week, my gf took it, and I got it back for prom, graduation, and didn't see it again till we broke up.

College rings are kinda silly unless you do somthing huge, like graduate from harvard at 21 or some such. These days almost everyone has been to some sort of college, big deal.

Now if you went to like say West Point, yeah, wear that ring with pride, your one of a very select few. Otherwise its just a cheap ring you'll forget about in time, because it means nothing. I know it seems like its the coolest thing now, but in time that fades. I thought I had the world on lock when I graduated. had a girl, my quads, trucks, and was going to the army, now just three years later, it was probably the most foolish money I've spent, other than the 2k strip club night, but thats a WHOLE different story.

Punk'd
04-24-2006, 01:31 PM
Sweet james.. Mines going to look like this

http://img276.imageshack.us/img276/329/a8bw.png

wckedclownz69
04-24-2006, 02:08 PM
i think they r a waist of money IMO....i have better stuff to buy

04-24-2006, 03:09 PM
think about it..in 5 years will you still be proud if that ring? i mean come on...look at my high school class ring. i graduated WHOO HOOO! prob. not man. high school aint that big of a deal. i mean yah its cool for a year or 2 but get a letterman jacket or something that is more old fashioned.

ak_stick
04-24-2006, 03:18 PM
you could say the very same thing about your college ring. Anymore, its no big deal to graduate college, almost everyone goes.

04-24-2006, 04:29 PM
Originally posted by ak_stick
you could say the very same thing about your college ring. Anymore, its no big deal to graduate college, almost everyone goes. hmmmm. a college ring is different. not everyone goes to a college buddy and graduates :rolleyes:

ak_stick
04-24-2006, 04:35 PM
not everyone goes to hs and graduates either.....

what makes college so special?

04-24-2006, 04:39 PM
my friends all got their football rings for winning the state championship so that was worth it but class rings...not a big deal. they look cool, but still, why do you have to be flashy with the big blue stud?

also, varsity jackets are overrated. if you play a varsity sport. almost everyone that actually cares knows that you play it so you dont need to wear a jacket for 2 years...i'll prolly get one anyways tho :D

04-24-2006, 05:08 PM
not everyone goes to hs and graduates either.....

what makes college so special? i take it you graduated from neither :rolleyes:

ak_stick
04-24-2006, 05:27 PM
well actualy, I graduated from hs, while I was taking college classes, in aviation, and the only reason I'm not in college right now is because I'm in iraq.

But please tell me, whats so special about a college ring?

bluebaron
04-24-2006, 05:49 PM
Originally posted by theTman
i didnt order one, i could careless if i have one or not even though they look cool

04-24-2006, 08:49 PM

But please tell me, whats so special about a college ring? idk, i havent graduated yet so i havent ordered one. i just know that I probably am going to order one because the college I am going to is about 3 generations into my family history and they all have rings that my dad has so I may keep the tradition going.

ak_stick
04-24-2006, 08:51 PM
thats a little different if you've got a whole family tradition rather than a hey look I graduated college thing.

TacomaNC4X4
04-24-2006, 09:15 PM
it was probably the most foolish money I've spent, other than the 2k strip club night, but thats a WHOLE different story.

lol, not hard to do.

ak_stick
04-24-2006, 09:20 PM
yeah, well I spent 2k without ever getting a single dance....

TacomaNC4X4
04-24-2006, 09:27 PM
how the hell did you do that? lol we went and a friend spend 380 on dances and got head and i thought he was a dumbass

ak_stick
04-24-2006, 09:32 PM
long story

maybe I'll write the whole thing out

400exrules
04-24-2006, 09:42 PM
dont tell me u just sat and threw 20's everywhere

ak_stick
04-24-2006, 09:44 PM
Nope

TacomaNC4X4
04-24-2006, 09:48 PM
Nope

haha...gotta hear it now

ak_stick
04-24-2006, 09:48 PM
ok ok gimme a minute.

ak_stick
04-24-2006, 10:02 PM
OK, I had just gotten back from my three months of being deployed to Port au Prince Haiti, in support of operation new horizions. And since I'd hadn't seen my buddys at all in the past year, they decided to take me out to have some fun. We were gonna go to a strip club, hang for a while, then go catch a party, you know the whole bunch of single dudes being idiots bit.

However, upon arrival at the club, we ran into a ex of mines new boytoy. Well we'd had a rather messy break up, and some rather harsh words exchanged, and since we both know a bunch of the same people, well yeah, it wasn't exaclty a rumor about how we felt about each other. Anyways, we show up and my buddy kyle goes, "Hey man, thats Jamie's new meat puppet." Thats cool, I dont care, he wants to hit it, thats just fine, its not deal, no harm done right? Wrong....

Well he makes eye contact with me, and I dont know how, I've never met the guy, but even with my 3 month dark hatian tan, he knew who I was, made a beeline for me, and started the trash talking. Telling me how Jamie'd told him all about me, how I was a peice of crap ect. Anyways, I'm a pretty good trash talker, I was firing right back. And since he didn't realy have anything on me, other than I use to be daiting his girl, he ended up on the defensive pretty quick. Well the bouncers got alerted to our little altercation before he tried to swing at me, and we got broken up. Me and my buddies grabbed a booth and we're drinkin our sodas (pre 21 days). And laughing, having a good time.

Weeell bout this time, its been 10-15 min and my buddy heads back over to start the trash talking again. Since I'm sitting on the other side of a table, I felt pretty safe. And he's getting even more worked up because I wont agree to go outside and fight him.

We'll pause here for a second, I'm 20, 6'0 150 lbs, I'm skinny, but I've been in the army since a month after my 18th B-day, so I'm in pretty good shape, and I grew up with 4 brothers, most of who'm are bigger than me, so I can hold my own in a fight.

Anyways, he gets a great idea, and grabs my glass, and throws it in my face. then he leans over the table and reaches for my collar like he's going to drag me over the table. So I do what any self respecting dude would do, I slid a little bit lower in my seat, reached out, grabbed him by his ears/back of his head neck, and kicked him in the legs as hard as I could, while I drove his face into the table.

Well he landed with a pretty authorative crunch, and a wet smacking sound, and kinda fell in a heap when I pushed him off the table, only to find two things, one, the wooden table had a big crack in it where captin brilliance's face hit, and blood covering everything.

Cops were called, he was taken to the hospital, and in the end I got kicked out, after having to pay for the table.

It cost me somthing like 1,945 bucks for the table, ( who knew they were that expensive?) and I got kicked out for a year.

However, since he provoked both altercations, I was free of charges, and he had to deal with a broken nose, and gf who dumped him cuz he was a chump.

04-25-2006, 10:42 AM
lol i didnt know the tables were expensive too :eek2: