PDA

View Full Version : Under jersey Vs Over jersey protection?

JHF219
04-21-2006, 09:26 AM
Ok guys heres my delima, I dont like wearing my shift chest protector. I would really like to have a free flowing jersey when racing. Is what im curious about is the under jersey protectors. Who makes one that is going to be as strong as my over jersey one but not big and bulky ? How many of you wear an under jersey one? how many dont wear one at all?

If you watch supercross at all you notice none of those guys have on chest protectors? or do they ? if so what is it that they are wearing under thier jersey ? I want something that is strong and will protect me from impact but not big and bulky. whats your opinions on this.

JHF:cool:

armysig
04-21-2006, 09:54 AM
first go to Google and type in EVS sports. I'm not going to link it because that would be going against the rules set by the administratior on paid sponcers and such.

But it's easy to get around the site and you can find stuff like these protectors.

armysig
04-21-2006, 09:55 AM
another one

armysig
04-21-2006, 09:57 AM
last one I'll post.

They have a lot to choose from, and all reasonable prices

Snoopy450r
04-21-2006, 10:03 AM
you can go either way, they both work fine, its just what you perfer

JHF219
04-21-2006, 10:04 AM
are these as safe as the over jersey ones ? do they have a good impact resistance ? here is the one im thinking about getting

http://www.sixsixone.com/images/store/product/6432-00.jpg

http://www.sixsixone.com/images/store/style/6432-00.jpg

armysig
04-21-2006, 11:38 AM
I haven't used any of the under jersey protectors yet. But I would guess they are good for roost and small impacts.

If you're the type of rider that can't stay on his quad you might want to look into a full suit of armor like they wore in the middle ages. Buahahahahahah. J/K

Naw, call the company and ask them what the difference is between the hard and soft. You might be suprised.

CannondaleRider
04-21-2006, 01:03 PM
I used to where an under jersey protector(a SixSixOne Flight Jacket), it was decently comfortable, but it only protected me from roost, rocks, and MAYBE smaller impacts. But not from any hard falls.

I wear a SixSixOne Defender 2 protector now, and with the protection it gives, i'll never go back to an under jersey protector.

I've also worn the "body armor" protectors, and those are very uncomfortable, and not free flowing.

If you get the right, normal, hardshell protector, it will protect you well, and flow just fine.

400exrules
04-21-2006, 01:19 PM
underarmors wont protect you as good as a chest protector

BlasterEaten250
04-21-2006, 06:50 PM
Look at a thor force or a fox airframe. They are both really nice fitting. i grew out of my fox and switched to thor, i love both.

Velocity Girl
04-23-2006, 06:50 PM
My husband I recently switched from racing downhill mountain bikes to riding/racing quads. In dh mtn biking under jersey armor is the norm and it's what we still use. We use Dainese and Rockgardn. They have a hard shell chest plate, backplate, elbows, forearms, and shoulder caps. I've only used the over jersey types a few times, but I prefer the extra protection the under jersey jackets offer.