PDA

View Full Version : No Way!!!

2001300exguy
04-20-2006, 09:52 PM
Well my dad happend to find a computer in a dumpster( yea i know sounds weird) it is a sony vaio model pcg-885l. it looks like it in goond shape with all the wire and a really nice bag. but when you turn it on it says operating system not found. does anyone have any idea of what i could do.
thanks

04-20-2006, 09:54 PM
Send it to me I will fix it.:rolleyes:

2001300exguy
04-20-2006, 09:54 PM
sure i bet lol:D

antman
04-20-2006, 10:24 PM
your best bet is to install an operating system. thats the only way to find out if its going to be any good . but it was probable in the bumpster for a reason.

WhiteYFZ
04-20-2006, 10:36 PM
my dad is a comp tech guy.. he said ... you have to boot it up and hit the f1 key, then the f2 key and etc.. and find out what key gets u into the boot menue.. try f8 or f12 first... whn u get to the boot menu go to boot from cd rom and u have to put in a windows operating system disc (XP) .. hope that helps

WhiteYFZ
04-20-2006, 10:37 PM
i but u its fine.. just the guy iddnt know what to do when the comp said could not find operating system so he threw it out ... lmao.. not kidding..:devil:

Plante400
04-21-2006, 05:37 AM
yes and that guy would be a complete idiot wouldnt he

Brad77
04-21-2006, 07:44 AM
Hey some people are crazy when throwing things away.

We used to have dumpsters about a mile from my house. Don't have any more because our county now has collection centers.

Anyway, I remember one time I went to take the trash off and when I drove up there was an opened cardboard box on the ground next to the dumpster. What caught my eye was the automotive creeper (you know that thing that you lay on and roll under a car) sticking out the top. So I went over to check it out and also found an aluminum baseball bat. There was also a ton of household items that looked nice. After seeing this the only thing I could figure out was some girl must have kicked hubby out and was throwing all of his stuff away. LOL, Because none of it was broken or trashed.

Then another time, I was driving home and when I drove by those dumpsters there was an entire Honda ATC 70 three wheeler sitting there, no kidding. I couldn't hardly believe that someone would throw that away, but they did. I slowed up and was going to stop, but at the time I was still on crutches from a bike accident that I had a few weeks earlier. So I couldn't load it by myself. So I floored my truck and rushed home to get my wife to help me load it. When we were driving back to the site we met a Ford truck with the little honda on the back. So I missed out on that one.

Mxjunkie
04-21-2006, 09:18 AM
Companys usually get new computers every 1-2 years, they delete all the files on them and throw them out usually. If you know how to reformat computers and dont mind trash picking you can make a decent penny :blah: