PDA

View Full Version : port and polished

450rboy
04-20-2006, 08:56 PM
well I'm gonna be taking apart the engine and i want it to get and port and polished. i was just wondering how much that is going to cost me

USAF Dirtboy
04-20-2006, 09:01 PM
What Ever you do...DONT TRY THIS AT HOME. It wont work right and will end up making it run like CRAP. I suggest you take it to a REPUTABLE place like Baldwin, Alba, or somewhere. I would say Sparks, but i am not about to suggest them to anybody due to the fact that they have HORRIBLE customer service and a overall crappy attitude towards costumers, but that is niether here noe there so. Anyways back on the subject, I would also get a valve job (3 or 5 angle)also, since you already have the engine apart. The prices may vary from place to place so just shop around and get a bunch of quotes. Hope this helps.:)

450rboy
04-20-2006, 09:07 PM
what do you mean 3 to 5 angle

Chino886
04-20-2006, 09:08 PM
Send it to Colby at C & D, I have heard from lots of people on this forum that he does good work.

I have also heard that GT Thunder does really good work also.

USAF Dirtboy
04-20-2006, 09:09 PM
To be honest I am not sure,but I think it is like a port and polish job on the valves "holes"...I am sure somebody will correct me:)

RobRacing
04-23-2006, 09:34 PM
a 3 angle valve jobs is when they cut the valve seats at three different angles for better flow. They also may cut your valves to fit perfectly into the newly cut seats. 5 angle is the same but they cut the seats at 5 angles for a more progressive flow. The most common is 3 angles.