PDA

View Full Version : help with set up on 450r please

clutt225
04-20-2006, 06:40 PM
trx 450r with +2houser a arms, +1.25 houser swing arm and +4 axle. I can't remember wich is wich with caster and camber. right now the wheels are tiped in at the top about 3/4" each wheel. They are set tow in maybe 1/4" each wheel. I am not sure if this is a good set up but the bike feels very twitchy. and I am not happy with the handleing so far.

Thanks for any help.

wvspeedfreak
04-23-2006, 05:14 PM
1/8"-1/4" toe in is pretty standard.As far as the camber goes it will vary depending on what type of riding you do.About 4-5 degrees negative camber seems to work pretty good for mx,a little less for xc.
If your quad seems twitchy or wants to dart around at high speed try a little more toe in and see if it helps.

450RGNCC
04-23-2006, 07:59 PM
I race harescrambles and I have been messing around with the settings for my Burgard +2 LT front end for awhile and i have decided on about 4 degrees negative camber on each wheel (tops of wheels in), about 3.5 degrees of positive caster (top balljoint behind bottom balljoint) and about 1 1/4" total toe in. I have raced these settings for 2 races now and it feels like I am on rails. I hope this helps.