PDA

View Full Version : SQUEEAAAAAKKKK!!!!!!!!!! its VERY annoying!!!

yellow400ex05
04-20-2006, 03:51 PM
I cant get my shocks to stop squeaking!!! i am not sure wether its the shock but its around that area. I've tried wd-40 and some other stuff but it just wont work!!!! Are there any "magical" sprays or lubricants that are really effective? the squeak is driving me and all of my friends nuts! everytime i go over whoops i hear squeak then a squeak it sounds like a friggin pogostick with a loud pipe and engine on it!

now i don't know if it is the shocks but what are other common squeaking areas in the front of my quad?

pimpin330ex
04-20-2006, 04:02 PM
try silicone spray. worked for me.

NacsMXer
04-20-2006, 06:02 PM
WD-40 and silicone spray are very light lubricants. You want to use a good marine waterproof grease or white lithium grease.

Most likely what is squeaking is your shock bushings. Take both shocks off and push the metal bushing on each end of the shock out with your finger. Get some brakleen or carb cleaner and clean up the bushing and the inside of the shock eye real good. Lube up the bushing with the grease and reassemble. Your squeaking woes should be gone...

If it is still squeaking, then do the same procedure above for the A-arm bushings.

You can't just spray the area with a light lubricant and hope it will go away, you gotta take things apart and get in there to be really effective.

bwamos
04-21-2006, 08:44 AM
Originally posted by NacsMXer
Most likely what is squeaking is your shock bushings.

^^^ What he said.

It's annoying isn't it? ;)

01 400EXer
04-21-2006, 01:39 PM
I have a Rancher and it had an annoying squeak and I figured out is was bottom shock mount bushing that was causing the squeak. I loosened the shock bolt and re-torqued and the squeak went away. The only thing I can figure is that it was over torqued when it was assembled.

04-24-2006, 07:56 PM
lol james when i ride ur quad the sqeaking drives me nuts to i just wanna drive it into a lake.. lol and ur quad is a pogo stick with an engine lol

whitexc
04-25-2006, 06:53 AM
well said Nacs...^^^^^^

Quad18star
04-25-2006, 07:01 AM
My buddy's Raptor rear end has squeaked since the day he bought it off the showrrom floor . He's taken everything apart , sprayed almost every kind of lubricant available and the damn thing still squeaks . It's very annoying .

DAVE14
04-25-2006, 07:08 PM
its bushings of some sort every once in a blue moon when I get a squeak take the bolts out & use silicone break grease it lubes it doesnt hurt rubber ,repels water for a good long time Ive done it to my whole front end a arms shocks etc. & it hasnt squeaked in years

eganracing
04-25-2006, 10:19 PM
on my 450r the black plastic part that slides up and down on the shock body was squeaking. all i did was give it a good shot of wd-40.