PDA

View Full Version : need motor help with an 05 450r

brandon34r
04-20-2006, 03:14 PM
Alright the 450r doesnt seem to want to kick over any more.I have a TC shorty pipe and stock motor.I have the dynojet jet kit with a 170 main and the needle 2 clips down.UNI air fil;ter and its clean.just doesnt want to fire.I changed the spark plug and still nothing.
I even got towed behind another quad and it will start up,but only stay running for about 5 seconds,then I go to pull the clutch in and it dies.What is going on,I really need this fixed.Any help would be apprectaited

underpowered
04-20-2006, 03:16 PM
check valve clearances. valves could be too tight, common on newer four strokes. check for spark, fuel, compression ect. all the basics first, if not, my money is on the valves.

brandon34r
04-21-2006, 03:22 PM
well I goit the valves adjusted and they are good now.I just dont have any spark.Does anyone know what the hell is going on,this thing is driving me crazy

Ralph
04-22-2006, 10:21 AM
if your not getting a spark it could be as simple at the spark plug cap. Make sure the wire going into the spark plug cap is secure and well.

Also, check the wiring, make sure all plugs are nice and tight and check your grounds. Check any fuses if it has any. If your still not getting any spark check your coils and so forth. Start at the top with the simple stuff and eliminate what you can. It definitely sounds like a electrical issue.