PDA

View Full Version : new clutch cable....problem

TRX400EX02
04-20-2006, 12:25 PM
I am installing a new Motion Pro clutch cable because the old one snapped. Im having alot of troubles. It seems to be too short, although that isnt really possible because it is model specific. I think the problem might actually be the arm on top of the clutch. It wont move forward at all, only farther away. It almost seems like the arm is some how being prevented from coming forward. My question is one: how far forward is that clutch arm( im not sure of the actual name, but its on top of the clutch cover) supposed to go forward.
And two: If mine isnt going forward enough, what are some possible problems with it? It was working fine before the cable snapped. Thanks.

Rico
04-20-2006, 12:35 PM
you probably need to use a long screw driver and pry the lever forward at the clutch to get the other end of the cable to reach the notch in the lever on the bars.

Just make sure the lever on the bars is adjusted all the way in to make it easier.
;)

TRX400EX02
04-20-2006, 03:32 PM
It worked. I was just trying to bend it forward with my fingers and that wasnt working. Its fine and working great now. Thanks.