PDA

View Full Version : Axis,TCS.. how much differnt are they?

red4r
04-20-2006, 11:51 AM
Well i looked into lt shocks and axis and tcs are wat im looking at tcs is alot less expensive and axis is bout 400 more...the tcs are tripple rate lts with comp ajust, the axis is triple rate lts with dual ajust.... wat would be the differnce between them in ride quality does axis just have a better setup... idk kno that much bout them so help me out... im just wondering if i should spend the extra cash and just get axis...
thanks

shaff107
04-20-2006, 12:54 PM
the difference is Night and Day .....

doc-bones
04-20-2006, 01:04 PM
Nothing compares to AXIS. That comparison is like a Porsche vs. Yugo.
Spend the extra dough on the AXIS you will not regret it!

motochamp250
04-20-2006, 01:25 PM
i really like my tcs shocks........i guess it depends on wat ur loking for if u run like a class or someting go for axis but if u dontt hen juss save the money and get tcs cause they are awesome shocks too!

doc-bones
04-20-2006, 01:44 PM
Works, TCS etc are great budget shocks compared to stock. Once you have ridden both like I have. You can not compare at all.

jal232
04-21-2006, 07:44 AM
That is true..I belive Axis is better than TCS also,,,but I would definately not put TCS in teh same comparison as Works by any means. TCS shocks are a very competitve shock also..

Colby@C&DRacing
04-21-2006, 08:03 AM
TCS shocks are right up there with the axis shocks they make a quality product and spend alot of time in developing a good setup and use top quality materials just like the other top companies.

TBD
04-21-2006, 08:16 AM
Originally posted by doc-bones
Works, TCS etc are great budget shocks compared to stock. Once you have ridden both like I have. You can not compare at all.
Have you even ridden on TCS? I doubt it even if you say you have. You made a very bold statement that Axis is far better then TCS. Now back it up with technical facts if you even know that. If you weren't so bold in your statement i would of left it alone but I'm calling you out for some facts from you to back up your bold statement.
I myself have used both. I've raced quads since 88. I've been building suspension components for over 15 years. I rode on Axis shocks quite a bit and never liked the set up from Axis. Take the same Axis shock and have it revalved and it works really good. I raced on TCS shocks for many years and almost everytime I recieved shocks they were spot on. I did say almost everytime because the only times that we needed different valving was because it was a new model and Todd was still collecting spring and valving data. If you compare the two shocks side by side then I could see you saying that Axis is better because there machined finish is top notch but if that is what you're basing your opinion on you're so wrong. If you compare component to component such as piston design, seal head design and the materials used the two are very similar. So if you take all that into consideration then the only thing that makes the Axis better is the appearance. I guess that is worth a couple hundred more.
I'm not here to bust your balls but you made a very bold statement so if you have the knowledge to back it up I'm ready to read it.
To get back to the original post, I would highlly recomend TCS. Excellent customer service and valving that is normally spot on.

R3Concepts
04-21-2006, 11:24 AM

My oh my.. You do know that Axis is valved notoriously slow right out of the box? They have moved locations 2 or 3 times? Their wait time is 4-6 weeks? Their customer service is horrible? They cant keep techs working there for more then a year at a time?

Ive ridden all the top shocks out there, whether its customer bikes, shop bikes, sponsor bikes, you name it. Axis comes in at a close 2nd to Elka as the worst setup out of the box shock out there. It takes Laz or someone else to make Axis work well.

Todd Davis on the other hand, knows what he is doing and TCS has come along ways since he branched off from Race Tech. I have to hand it to the guy, fit, finish and valving specs are all top notch.

BTW Try to get someone on the phone at Axis to check your order or help with setup info.:D

jal232
04-21-2006, 12:55 PM
Yes actually I have ridden both..I by no means have raced since 88 due to the fact Im only 22. I ve rode all my life. So yes I have experience. So thast not an issue here at all. And shoot I thought everyone was entitled to their opiions...what your tellin me is 100% true..Dont have any problem with it...But i feel like my Axis shocks rode better for me and I liked teh setup i was given alot more than what TCS had got to me..Your right, I could have them re-valved like any shock and they coudl have been dead on. But all i was sayin ( before you about came out of my computer screen biting my head off!!!) is that I have rode both sets ( which you clearly stated that I'm a liar and that you dont beleive me if i had, which was kinda rude) and i just felt liek the Axis for me rode a lot better. And liek i said there is no way in hel that you can compare TCS to Works cuase there is no comparison...TCS are far better... So my bad for just sayin what I felt, didnt want to get technical cause your right.,,,i dont know as much as you obiv.
Appreciate you correcting me, just stating how I felt...Excuse me, for even inputting....its odd to even wonder why anyone posts on this stuff anyways...Cause theres alwasy someoen just bighting there head of the instant they post...
And dotn say: dont make a statement if you dotn knwo the facts,,,well i do know the facts..the fact was that I did feel better and felt liek the shock was dialed in better on teh Axis,,,,,
And if you even cared...my quad right now actually has TCS on it now... But im wnating to get some Axis.. ....dont wnat to start anything but i felt like you were bein a bit rude..
Josh

jal232
04-21-2006, 01:00 PM
Now that i read my post that you bit my head off abotu...I never once even said TCS suck...I was sayin they are no comparison to Works...which i will stand behind...cause Works are not a top of the line shock by any means...There valving is in huge increments instead of being more precise, they fade quickly, but for the average trail rider who rides with buddies and freinds to have a good time ont eh weekends they are great for the price..They dont break banks...But never did i say anythign abotu TCS being bad at all....In fact all i said was i liked Axis better...is that a crime for me to do...I mean am I not entitled to my opinion with out being bashed by soemoen who has probaly raced on both shcosk more than me???????????????

400grl
04-21-2006, 01:34 PM
My husband has ridden both - and he likes his TCS a bit better than his Axis shocks - he said they just feel better, and feel like they are set up better for him.

It's interesting.......a year or two ago, if someone asked me what shocks I'd recommend, I had no problem saying Axis.......but these days, with things changing and company's changing........I say TCS first, no doubt. Axis is terrible to try to get ahold of, they can't be counted on to even send the right shocks....their wait times are getting longer and longer..........and they are pricey!

TBD
04-21-2006, 01:57 PM
I agree that I came off rude but as you see in this post you compared a Porsche ( I'm assuming Custom Axis) to a Yugo (TCS) and that isn't even close so yes I feel it is a very bold statement and not so much an opinion. I'm definetly not here to be rude but to give my most knowledgeable opinion as well. I see a lot of post about suspension that are so far out there that it does get to me at times biengs that I'm in the suspension business. I applogize for coming off rude.

400grl
04-21-2006, 02:03 PM
OK!!! I'm confused!!! TBD quoted doc-bones.....how come Jal232 took such offence?

TBD
04-21-2006, 03:31 PM
Originally posted by 400grl
OK!!! I'm confused!!! TBD quoted doc-bones.....how come Jal232 took such offence?
You just got me all confused now. I thought maybe I made a mistake and put the wrong qoute in but I'm also a little confused why he thinks that was directed towards him now that you point that out.

jal232
04-23-2006, 08:21 PM
I think Im confused one here,,,haha...my bad..i thought that was towards me...i feel like an idiot...apologize for all the bs.....ha

doc-bones
04-23-2006, 08:38 PM
O.K. Boyz! Just gave my opinion on my sucess with different manufacturers. I have ridden them all most more than one set-up also. I think AXIS and PEP are the best by far. Now I was not talking about their service etc. only their performance. I know and agree TCS has the best service, however, I feel their shocks fall way below in performance compared to AXIS or PEP. I used them on 2 different quads before and took them off and SOLD them and went with AXIS both times and was very pleased. Believe me my quads are TOP notch. You can ask Doug the moderator as he has rode with me in the past. Just ask him about Docbones and his quads. Enough said. If you feel like TCS are the best for you? Enjoy them.........................

tido450
04-24-2006, 12:23 PM
ive been waiting 13 weeks for my axis shocks. i called them and they said there was record of my order. they were easy to get a hold of but they lied to me about not having JB geometry and several other things. i should be gettin them today so ill have to give a ride review. the service review is a D-

jal232
04-25-2006, 07:56 AM
Ill be honest,,,with Axis it alwasy seems as if I wait a little whiel longer, kinda like PEP when i ordered those once before...But TCS does have great turn around time and CS.....