PDA

View Full Version : New 06 450,,,,Bog problem?

jal232
04-20-2006, 07:40 AM
Just got my bike last weekend..Rode last nigth for a bit,,,,and when the bike is in 1st gear, just at idle..so in other words just pulling it self in 1st,,,if i hit it the bike just bogs down for a minute...then takes off...and sometimes its bad enough to wear it will die if i dont ease off and re aply the throttle, it will die sometimes...We bouth 3 at a time,,,and the other 2 do the same thing...What is this? Jet problem,,or what..owned alot of bikes but never had this problem...thanks

daddio
04-20-2006, 08:10 AM
Jetting will make it better, but usually the problem is in the thumb of people new to the YFZ. "Ease" on the throttle a little more. Over time you will get used to it. They do not respond like a two stroke to "stabbing" the throttle.

intruder
04-21-2006, 05:57 AM
The accelerator pump needs adjusted.

jal232
04-21-2006, 07:10 AM
Yea im just gettin used to it i guess...Ive rode a raptor for 4 years so I was used to that...but i still def. think jetting or somethin is off a bit.....But i rode my the ohter two 450's i got that day and they do the same thing..so.

d3ktrix
04-21-2006, 08:50 AM
My friend just got an 06 YFZ the other day and it does the same exact thing, doesn't respond to quick throttle jabs good at all.
It will bog for a sec and sometimes give a little sputter.

Once its off the line its fine tho.

I figured it was just because it wasn't broken in yet.

His header also glows cherry red and sparts fall off of it even when he's just cruzing around nice and slow. :P

250r4life
04-21-2006, 11:46 AM
yah they do that... there is a solution though...
if you go to rockymountainatv, boyeson makes a quickshot pump accelerator that eliminates that.. its like $80

jal232
04-21-2006, 12:39 PM
okay i might check taht out today and order that...And yeah me and my room mate both noticed that on ours to the night we washed them..sitting out in teh drive lettin them warm up a bit an d looked down and yeah..its red as can be....I had heard of this, and can tell I think the bike is to lean...When i put my exhaust ( ordered now) on i wll re-jet anyways..So ill let it glow...hha..cya guys..

tido450
04-21-2006, 12:57 PM
there is a leak jet in the carb. if u go down in size its suposod to lessen the bog. i had problems with it the 1st week then i naturally stopped stabbing the throttle. i dont know if the boyeson thing is a good idea. ive heard mixed reviews and 80 dollars for a little piece of metal sounds like a rip

jal232
04-24-2006, 11:27 AM
Yea Tido thats kinda how i felt, but then again i was like well if it iwll take it way then fine..ha..But yea after riding this bike more and more ive kinda grown away from stabbing the throttle as much. But we will see. Thanks guys...My buddies with there new 450's are goin to buy it..so I thin ill let them play guinea pig before I. sounds liek an idea

450rJam
04-24-2006, 06:54 PM
let us know how it works, the honda 450r also has the bog.
the hrc kit helps but dont eliminate it totally.
I have heard it improves bottom/mid power also
seems like someone would find a way to drill the extra hole
in the cover plate of the stock one.

daddio
04-25-2006, 06:47 AM
I have the Quickshot on all 3 of our YFZ's. I am very pleased with the results. The $80 was well worth it to me. It saved alot of time, rather than messing with the "leak jet".
It's more than just "a bigger hole". It has a larger chamber, that holds more fuel.
I manufacture parts for airplanes. You should feel lucky it's ONLY $80. If it were an "Aircraft part", it would be $200 + retail.

jal232
04-25-2006, 07:52 AM
I will definately let every one know...But from the sounds of it..It works soo...Thanks guys for all the help...This site Rocks..

250r4life
04-25-2006, 11:17 PM
like i said, that boyeson thing takes care of it... my buddy put his on and we went down to the dunes the weekend before last, and he said it was great, and said he was a believer... just sitting there bleeping the throttle you could tell the difference...

jal232
04-26-2006, 10:11 AM
SAWEET