View Full Version : Disappointment

adrenalinefreak
04-19-2006, 10:31 PM
I just celebrated my 23rd b-day and some of my friends gave me some money to put towards my racing. I was finally going to get the setup I wanted. The Houser +2 Steering stem red gloss with handlebar clamp. I was talking with our Tucker Rep and he was setting it all up. When he called he found out that Houser is no longer making the stems for my quad. The only one I can get would be the gloss black. I was sitting there watching as every single one of my options went out the window. I was thinking Lonestar but they do not make the extended stem for my quad.

I was thinking roll design but its too expensive! I did go with the Protaper Contour High Handlebars in Black.

Anyway...needless to say...it bummed me out on my birthday.

Any Suggestions?

NacsMXer
04-19-2006, 11:01 PM
Simple, just buy the gloss black stem and send it off to Pappy to get powdercoated any color you like :cool:

pudamac12
04-20-2006, 02:37 AM
get the black one. If it is that big of a deal to you then wait a while and have it sandblasted, then call houser and send it to them to be repainted with their logo on it so it is the color you want.

hondardr4life
04-20-2006, 04:30 AM
What kind of quad do you have?

JW450R1
04-20-2006, 06:05 PM
how about burgard stem.i have no problems +1 chrome for a 450r

adrenalinefreak
04-21-2006, 09:16 AM
I have a '04 400ex. All good ideas...I would probably do the powercoating on top of the black but would not send it back to Houser so they can put their name on it...i wouldn't be opposed to them powercoating it and putting their name back on it...a lot of work

WhiteYFZ
04-21-2006, 10:35 PM
Originally posted by NacsMXer
Simple, just buy the gloss black stem and send it off to Pappy to get powdercoated any color you like :cool:

u beat me to it..
but just do what he said
PAPPY DOES AMAZING WORK!!