PDA

View Full Version : Fouling Spark Plugs

boredoutbanshee
04-19-2006, 08:09 PM
I have an older model banshee that has been bored and has toomey t5's with plenty of other mods. The bike is fouling spark plugs about an hour or so after I install new ones. When I take the plugs out to check them one of the cylinders seems to be running too rich and the other too lean. Someone told me that the jets could be wrong in the carbs, I just recently took the carbs off and checked, the main jets are sittin at 300 which for the way the bike is set up would be right. Then I was told that the reeds may be bad. How can you tell if the reeds are bad? and if it isn't the reeds then what else could it be? If someone could reply with a good suggestion it would be greatly appreciated.

Mxjunkie
04-21-2006, 08:15 AM
Could be alot of things.

Take your needles out and see what postion the clip is on the needle.

Take your fuel to air screws and screw them all the way in, then 1 and a half turns out.

Check the coil and see if the negitive or positive plug came off the coil, they are located right behind the exhaust infront of the motor.

What spark plugs are you running?

The carbs are out of sync so its a lightly hood that one is jetted jean and one is jetted rich.

boredoutbanshee
04-21-2006, 02:05 PM
Well I'm running NGK plugs B8ES. The mixture is fine, I think i've come to a conclusion that it's the jets because of the change in temp. I have Toomey T5 exhaust but the motor has been bored .80 over. Right now the main jets are sittin at 300 but because of the temp change I'm going to change them to 280s which after doing that and cleaning the air filter the problem should be fixed, but thanks for the info.