PDA

View Full Version : Look Quick,race Sunday!!!!

Sjorge450R
04-19-2006, 07:49 PM
okay well here is the story:

I have needed axle bearings for like 2 weeks now (1 race) So I finaly get them monday. So I Dig into this project. I get everything out fine and then the problem comes during the installation.

When I try to slide the axle lock nut onto the axle, there is only like 1/4" of splines on the axle for it to grab onto!!! What can I do. Will this work??? Do you think that the bearings arent pushed in enough???

Please help.

Steve

Sjorge450R
04-20-2006, 04:30 AM
come on guys.....

I really dont want to use my friends blaster for my race this weekend.

elementryder
04-20-2006, 07:08 AM
the axle is not in the whole way i had the same prob with my lsr good luck at duchmen

Sjorge450R
04-20-2006, 12:26 PM
Originally posted by elementryder
the axle is not in the whole way i had the same prob with my lsr good luck at duchmen

nah, I took the entire axle out and slide the carrier and everything on that way, and it still isnt wokring.....I dont want to have to race a blaster instead of my 300ex this weekend.

Oh by the way the race is up in Hurricane Hills in Clifford.

300exrider25
04-20-2006, 05:59 PM
you might try to put the axle in as far as it will go and then get a peice of wood and hammer(like a small sledge hammer) and put the wood on the end of the axle and hit it with the hammer if that does not get it in then your bearings are in properly

elementryder
04-20-2006, 06:25 PM
thats exacly what i did

bradley300
04-21-2006, 05:57 AM
measure both sides of the axle and make sure that its not in all the way. if i remeber right, the locknut only slides onto a small portion of the splines

Sjorge450R
04-21-2006, 12:39 PM
Originally posted by bradley300
measure both sides of the axle and make sure that its not in all the way. if i remeber right, the locknut only slides onto a small portion of the splines

yeah I called Colby at C&D like 10 times during this because of problems. Later to find out that those things werent problems.....lol. So its back together and I'm ready to race this weekend.

bwamos
04-21-2006, 12:49 PM
Originally posted by bradley300

I think you are correct. Been a while since I've had mine apart, but I beleive you are correct.