PDA

View Full Version : wrist problems need help

juanki
04-19-2006, 05:40 PM
hi everybody

last year i broke my wrist and arm in a mx track, just last week i rode again and noticed that the mount on my steering steem is bend, now i have some choices.
i ride a 250r, the steem is stock and the bar is tag, have a pep steering stabilazer. i need something to reduce the fatigue on my wirst.

options
1.-some aftermarket antivibration steering steem, please recomend.
2.- faast handle bars and the stock steering.
3.- what about the raiser from roxspeed, they have some antivibe product.

i already sent the stock steering to streitheng.

sorry my french, writting from mexico.

thanks

400exMO
04-19-2006, 05:51 PM
Get a good aftermarket steering stem, they're all going to cut vibration about the same. Get flex bars and you might upgrade your stabilizer to precision.

If you don't have the money for all that, you can always look used.

Aceman
04-19-2006, 05:52 PM
Maybe a Houser Wrist Rester and some Fasstco Flexx Bars. That would probably take most of the hit out of the bumps.

juanki
04-19-2006, 06:20 PM
i'm not going to ride mx again, i think, i'll be doing fast trail riding and probably switch to flat track.

juanki
04-19-2006, 06:28 PM
i looked in the houserr web page and didnt find the wrist rester, wasnt roxspeed the ones that did that?

korniev
04-20-2006, 02:53 AM
I had a problem with my wrist on my YFZ! I used to have a thumb throttle and everytime I would jump, my right hand would not hold to the bar completely (because of the thumb) so as soon as I had a stiff ladnig my wrist would heart like s***t. As soon as I swithed to twist throttle, all my wrist problems went away:)

bwamos
04-20-2006, 07:29 AM
As someone above said.. if you want to reduce stress on your wrists.. get a set of Fasst Flexx bars. Expensive.. but dang are they nice.

juanki
04-20-2006, 10:31 AM
i had a wrist throtle in may quad , and i think that was the problem, when i jumped the set feel of just before jumping, taking away my consentration for a split second, when i looked foward i was almost flying, the nose of my quad went up in the air, i landed with the back tires and a wipslah foward and wy body rested on my right wrist, i think that the force of the impact made my wrist to move like i was onthe trottle but it went so far down making it to snap, didnt brake any little bone, but the whole wrist dislocated, fell to the ground and then broke my arm.

now have 30º movement un and down, to the out is ok, to the in is almost none. no more wrist trottle, switched back to thumb.

i think i'll go for faast flexx and antivibe mount raisers from roxspeed with the stock steering.

sideways400
04-20-2006, 12:12 PM
well a cheap little trick that works well is filling the bars and stem with silicone.i used to race XC and i noticed a big difference afterwards.no more ringing hands after a race.

bwamos
04-20-2006, 12:41 PM
For a couple bucks, you can also put anti-vib bar ends on your bars. It just puts a small counterweight on the end of the bar that is isolated by rubber. Works well to soak up vibration.

You see them a lot in Harley catalogs since they like to vibrate.

However.. it wont work if you have handguards that attach on the ends.

humblesquirel21
04-20-2006, 06:59 PM
I have encoured alot of major wrist injuries to both my wrists from breaks to dislocations and i ride with a lonstar antivibration stem i also use 909 grips with the soft pad middle and they do alot more then i thought they could i hear spider grips are even better

if you wana really "solve" the problem there are alot of exsercises you can do to build the muscle in your wrist which helps to build the muscle which in turn helps keep pain to a minimum because the wrist itself dosnt move in and around in the joints as much i was amazed at the difference after i really concentrated on my fore arm and wrist muscles thats just what i have found works for me

there are also some companies that make wrist braces and im nto sure how well they work but im buying one this season

pm me for acouple tips to ease pain and to exersice the wrists