PDA

View Full Version : Aftermarket Lights?

tcr450r
04-19-2006, 05:34 PM
I was wondering if there was any companies out there that made an aftermarket light kit for the 04. I was thinking about getting the maier full front end plastics (xc) style. I really like it, but I need lights.

I've seen those little tiny lights in magazines, but I don't think they were for the R.

Those lights would be perfect to rig up just so they shine out of the hood on that maier set.

Any help is appreciated.

tcr450r
04-19-2006, 07:41 PM
bump

04-20-2006, 10:04 AM
trailtech

Yamahauler_04
04-20-2006, 11:06 AM
I was part of the ATV Rider 24 hour challenge. I was on the Duncan Racing team

We ran 4 Trail tech HID's off on the quad, and 2 more on a helmet mount.

All off the stock stator.

Lit up like daylight, and didn't kill the battery or stator either.

I rose both of my stints at night. I loved it.

04-20-2006, 11:40 AM
trailtech

2MuchChi450R
04-20-2006, 12:06 PM
TRAILTECH for sure!!! I bought a set of HID helmet lights to try out for my woods runner and my gawd :eek2: I could go as fast as I could at night as I could in the daylight. The problem with the stockers is that you go faster than the light projects. Trailtech makes either a frame mount, stock location mount, and handlebar mount lights in both HID and halogen. If you have the money, go HID, you'll wish you had them in everything else after!! :devil:

D Bergstrom
04-20-2006, 01:11 PM
Depends on what you want to spend. Your best bet would be to go through trailtech and get some halogen lights, or if you can afford it, get the HID's. If you want you can go all out, below is a picture of my setup. Its made by Baja Designs. It is a single 8" HID with a quick release mount that stays on the quad. It is extremely bright and it is a great setup, but it is VERY expensive. I run this with a helmet light also, and together, I have all the light I could ever want. (Although, I would like to get the dual 8" HID setup they make, but I that is big money, so I am happy with what I have.)

Doug

tcr450r
04-20-2006, 01:16 PM
Ok I'll check out trailtech's website. It'd be great to have the helmet lights also so the light follows where you are looking.

Bergstrom, are you running that light from a seperate battery or does the stator produce enough energy for it. I don't think I need that much light, but I'm curious. Its probably great for baja.

D Bergstrom
04-20-2006, 03:04 PM
Originally posted by tcr450r

Bergstrom, are you running that light from a seperate battery or does the stator produce enough energy for it. I don't think I need that much light, but I'm curious. Its probably great for baja.

Nope, no battery needed, the stock stator puts out enough power to easily power it. Baja Designs includes a wire harness and all you have to do is plug it in to your stock wiring and that is it.

Doug

tcr450r
04-20-2006, 03:21 PM
Cool, I need to start saving money for all the new things I want. Thanks for the help guys.

MMcCannon
05-29-2006, 11:25 AM
Hope its not to late, i found this set from trail tech that bolt up in the stock location but hang down. I think they look sweet! They r on the website.

bwilson624
05-29-2006, 09:28 PM
I was part of the ATV Rider 24 hour challenge. I was on the Duncan Racing team

I saw that issue. That bike looked great. And still not bad after the test. So you say that the system works good. I don't do a lot of night riding, but when I do, stock headlight just doesn't cut it.