PDA

View Full Version : Busted Case From A Busted Chain!!

jakslap
04-19-2006, 05:12 PM
Hey, Gang,

Got a crack in my case from a busted chain. Cracked the left half of the engine case and the left case cover.

I'm able to rider, but I've got a winter project. Anybody got a left case half for sale? Left case cover for sale?

I've got the Clymer manual and limited experience (limited cognitive abilities, too!). Anything I should know about changing the case? Lookin' for tricks of the trade.

Thanks, Jakslap

Old Head
04-19-2006, 05:19 PM
marine tex will save you alot of time and money

04-19-2006, 07:30 PM
maybe a mod will move this for you to the wanted section? this is WHERE TO RIDE

K_Fulk
04-19-2006, 08:14 PM
I have a left case cover if your interested.

Rafikie
04-20-2006, 02:36 AM
I've been told by a dealer before that cases are machined to be a pair. don't know if it was BS to make more money or if it's true, but you might want to look into it more before you waste your money for have a case when you really need the whole thing. G/L

Hammer trx450r
04-20-2006, 04:24 AM
Originally posted by Rafikie
I've been told by a dealer before that cases are machined to be a pair. don't know if it was BS to make more money or if it's true, but you might want to look into it more before you waste your money for have a case when you really need the whole thing. G/L

What a crock of *****. I hate MFers that talk that crap.

Rafikie
04-20-2006, 05:15 AM
guess he was jerkin me arround trying to make an extra few hundred bucks off me. Glad I found a deal on Ebay instead:devil: