PDA

View Full Version : polaris wont run

trx300exrida
04-19-2006, 03:18 PM
i have a 02 polaris trailblazer and i havnt ridden it in about a year. And today i went to start it with a charger on it. And it wouldn't turn over. Can anyone help me on this. . . what should i do to get it running. I added fresh gas and oil as well. . .

bal3wolf
04-19-2006, 03:23 PM
did you drain the gas ? and put fresh in and change the spark plug also. Take bowl off carb and let the extra fuel in their drain also.

trx300exrida
04-19-2006, 03:28 PM
bowl on the carb???? where is that ha sorry.

bal3wolf
04-19-2006, 04:12 PM
not real sure id thk should be on very bottom.

trx300exrida
04-19-2006, 05:35 PM
i couldnt find that but i cleaned the air filter and got a new spark plug for it and had it charged the hole time... when i finally did it it started for maybe 2 sec's and then died. . . however it sounds like it is flooded when its trying to turn over and im giving it gas.

any idea's?

bal3wolf
04-19-2006, 07:32 PM
try pulling and pushing your choke in and out maybe its sticking.

trx300exrida
04-20-2006, 02:23 PM
tryed and still wont run. .

bal3wolf
04-20-2006, 02:58 PM
take your plug out and look at it clean it and put it back in see if it starts up and dies again if it does i thk its getttign to much gas.

trx300exrida
04-20-2006, 03:38 PM
i put a brane new spark in and when i take it out it's not all black so i dont think thats the problem. what you think the chance's there $hit all up in the carb? how should i clean it?

scramblerracer
04-23-2006, 11:32 AM
Originally posted by trx300exrida
i have a 02 polaris trailblazer and i havnt ridden it in about a year. And today i went to start it with a charger on it. And it wouldn't turn over. Can anyone help me on this. . . what should i do to get it running. I added fresh gas and oil as well. . .

If it won't turn over I wouldn't waste time yet on plugs, gas,and such. Try the pull starter-does it turn over with that. If not it is seized. This would be common for a 2 stroke that sat a while. If it does spin then check all electric connections. Does it click when you hit the starter button? If not than you have a bad connection somewhere. If is does click than the battery is dead-try a good battery. Until the motor spins freely there is no use trying to get it to run.

phildogg
04-25-2006, 05:43 PM
sounds like the carb is gummed up also you have a pm.
phil

quadwunner
05-01-2006, 07:11 PM
Originally posted by scramblerracer
If it won't turn over I wouldn't waste time yet on plugs, gas,and such. Try the pull starter-does it turn over with that. If not it is seized. This would be common for a 2 stroke that sat a while. If it does spin then check all electric connections. Does it click when you hit the starter button? If not than you have a bad connection somewhere. If is does click than the battery is dead-try a good battery. Until the motor spins freely there is no use trying to get it to run.
not true.

he sais that it will start for a caoupl of seconds , so it isnt seized. if it doesnt start with the pull start that doesnt mean that it is seized. if the pull start wont budge then it is seized. otherwise it could be what has already been stated.
i read in dirtwheels that u can take of ur spark plug, put gas in to the motr, fire it up, if it fires til te gas is gone then you know that it is the carb. be sure and use 2 stroke gas .

scramblerracer
05-01-2006, 08:27 PM
Originally posted by trx300exrida
i have a 02 polaris trailblazer and i havnt ridden it in about a year. And today i went to start it with a charger on it. ^^And it wouldn't turn over.^^^^^^^^^^^^^ Can anyone help me on this. . . what should i do to get it running. I added fresh gas and oil as well. . .

Sorry I missed some stuff- But when someone says that it won't turn over I think they mean that the recipricating assy will not rotate freely. Since this is a very common issue with 2 stroke engines that sit for some time without any lubrication. My bad!