PDA

View Full Version : Frame cracking chain adjusters breaking

trent03z400
04-19-2006, 01:57 PM
I have a 03 Z400. I am 15 and i jump pretty high. My frame cracked above my front shock and I have to get it welded. Also my chain adjuster bolt broke in half inside my axle carrier. Just wondering if anyone elso has had these problems.

DOHC
04-19-2006, 06:49 PM
alot of people have had frame probs ALOT, and the bolt i unno they just rust over time mine did on my 440ex and i had to drill it out

YFZ450Ridr
04-19-2006, 06:52 PM
same thing happened on my swinger. i drilled it out and re tapped the hole and put a bigger bolt on it.

as for the frame, the 03s are notorious for cracking frames. it was a bad year for frames and happened alot. get a gusset kit if you do alot of big jumping for sure.

indyZrider
04-19-2006, 07:12 PM
i would get a new frame then get that one gusseted! your frame is probably already seriously stressed, so be careful!

DVXchic
04-20-2006, 08:18 PM
I had the same problem with my chain adjuster bolts on my DVX, For some reason the plate they scew into stripped and the bolt came loose. broke the carrier where the adjuster bolt goes into it. I know of 3 more people with the same problem. I just took mine to an aluminum welder and he fixed it up good, rode on it for the rest of the season. I now have a new swinger so i don't have to worry about it anymore.

04-21-2006, 10:10 AM
Buy a honda and you wont have this problem. just kidding that really sucks i have seen about 7 or 8 ltz frames all cracking up like that. i have a walsh race craft gusset kit in my bike i know its a 450r but im pretty sure if he makes one for mine that works it will do the same on your frame. good luck and get it welded before you do anymore big air jumps.

TheZis2Fst4U
04-21-2006, 02:03 PM
Lol funny you say that. Just this past weekend instead of my chain adjuster bolt breaking it broke my whole carrier (5 pieces) My Frame has cracked too above the shock mounts. I just bought a new frame and I am gusseting the heck out of it then getting pappy to powdercoat it. Should have everything back together in 2 weeks

DOHC
04-21-2006, 02:05 PM
Originally posted by TheZis2Fst4U
Lol funny you say that. Just this past weekend instead of my chain adjuster bolt breaking it broke my whole carrier (5 pieces) My Frame has cracked too above the shock mounts. I just bought a new frame and I am gusseting the heck out of it then getting pappy to powdercoat it. Should have everything back together in 2 weeks
word of advice dont put to many gussets on it u still want the frame to flex a bit

TheZis2Fst4U
04-21-2006, 08:26 PM
Advice taken. but I do know what you mean. I didn't mean to sound like I am going to over gusset it. I will proably find a pic of a lonestar gusset and mimic it.

DVXchic
04-21-2006, 08:32 PM
Originally posted by Roostar 450
Buy a honda and you wont have this problem.

Ha Ha Ha, LMAO, Didn't you just tell me somethin about your frame, AHHH......I think last i talked to you it was broke too.Hee Hee. :devil:

osmond.mark
04-23-2006, 07:05 AM
Originally posted by DVXchic
I had the same problem with my chain adjuster bolts on my DVX, For some reason the plate they scew into stripped and the bolt came loose. broke the carrier where the adjuster bolt goes into it. I know of 3 more people with the same problem. I just took mine to an aluminum welder and he fixed it up good, rode on it for the rest of the season. I now have a new swinger so i don't have to worry about it anymore.

This is the exact thing that happened to my 04 Z. I got it welded, and its been holding up for over a year now.