PDA

View Full Version : Houser A-Arms

riz400
10-05-2001, 10:18 PM
I just ordered a set of Houser A-Arms +2's, black bottoms with chrome tops for my 400EX. Does anyone have any recent pics of them?? Any complaints?? Pros/Cons??

I have been looking at the Burgard and Jd Performance as well. I think they are all top quality but I liked the way the Housers have a little more reinforcement on the bottom arms.

Oh, one last request. How does the 400 handle if I just install the +2's without the extended axle? Does it handle weird? I plan on getting the Lonestar Axcaliber as soon as I get some more cash.

10-05-2001, 11:50 PM
Your quad won't handle weird with out the wider axle, it just won't handle as good as it could. I have a Lonestar axle and so far fit and finish were above my expectations, durability, I have not had it long enough but it has a life-time warranty. I say go ahead and buy the axle, you won't regret it.

Tommy 17
10-06-2001, 10:26 AM
I have just a axle lsr right now and its fine wit out a-arms, houser a-arms are my number 1 choice and my 2nd is jd. ricos post of new pics of a-arms are houser a-arms +1 +1/2 u may wanna check it out his are all red...

10-08-2001, 09:02 AM
Here's a pic of my houser arms but these are +1 wide and +1/2 forward.....

10-08-2001, 10:41 AM
heres another from the side... a little closer up...

riz400
10-08-2001, 11:27 AM
Hey Rico,

Was there a wait for your A-Arms since they are +1 wide and 1/2 forward? Custom order? I am assuming you would not need longer brake lines for this set up. I really like the way the Housers are designed.

Thanks for your pics.

10-08-2001, 12:13 PM
there was a wait but it was mainly because I wanted them in red...they normally have the same sizes available in stock with the normal grey hammertone powdercoat..call John Houser and ask they should have them in stock..

10-10-2001, 11:07 AM
I also have to suggest in getting arms that are pushed forward some,,,i can tell a difference in mine and it's only forward 1/2 an inch,,but it does make a difference on off camber landings and goin into corners,,,I thought having wheel spacers really helped up front,,,,,goin with the wider A-arms can't even compare to spacers,,,,I couldn't image gion +6 total up front...

Red Rooster
10-10-2001, 11:26 AM
NICE QUAD!!!!! That is one sharp bike.

10-10-2001, 01:44 PM
Originally posted by Red Rooster300
NICE QUAD!!!!! That is one sharp bike.

Thank yee....:D

Tommy 17
10-10-2001, 02:00 PM
O so rico u want to give me ur quad thats kool i mean i will trade ya haha. i really like ur quad its nice. i was bored in spanish clase today and i was lookin in the back of the book at where its spainish to english and what do u know ricos in there it means rich and tasty haha. sry this has nuttin to do wit this post but i had to get that out.

riz400
10-12-2001, 06:54 AM
Just installed my A-Arms last night. They are the Houser +2's with the silvervein powder coat. I was really impressed with the quality of these arms. They are awesome. The quad handles so much better. The width of the front is now equal to the rear.

Does anyone race with +2 a-arms and stock axle width?

10-12-2001, 07:11 AM
Are ya still runnin the stock shocks????

riz400
10-12-2001, 07:27 AM
I've had the Works Triples w/o rezzies. I had them set up really stiff for MX. They were almost too stiff but with the wider a-arms they seem ok. The real test is when I get some air time. I hope they don't botttom too easily. I don't want to fork out more cash to have my shocks re-valved and/or re-sprung. I am thinking about putting these shocks up for sale and getting something a little better.

10-12-2001, 08:38 AM
I just went +1 A-arms and I thought my front shocks wouldn't work worth a crap goin with wider arms but I've yet to bottom them or even notice any decline in performance. I'll also be goin with another shock setup next year sometime,,,but first the rear one has to be rebuilt,,,then I'll worry about the fronts..

Tommy 17
10-12-2001, 07:23 PM
RICO i wanna make a deal wit ya how about u give me ur a-arms and ur works wit rezzys for the number 21 haha i will give up my number i will just go 22 haha. i will even say ur dads faster.

riz400
10-14-2001, 04:09 PM
I just went to my favorite riding spot yesterday to test out my new Houser +2 A-arms. I am currently running these with my Works triple rates set up for stock a-arms. Now that they are bolted up to the wider arms they are much softer. I can fly through the ruff stuff and they soak up everything. I no longer feel the little bumps and ruts on the trail.

The downside is that these shocks now bottom fairly easy off of the big jumps and big hits. That sucks. I was hoping that they would be stiff enough to still work but boy was I wrong. They work great as long as I stay off the MX track. It looks like I have to have them re-valved or re-sprung. More money.

Has anyone had their shocks re-valved or re-sprung? Cost? I think I heard it was around $200.

10-15-2001, 09:24 AM
call terry at Marcums and get a quote,,he can do it but I don't know the cost,,200 bucks sounds to high.