PDA

View Full Version : broke my ankle.

JR3
04-19-2006, 09:20 AM
Well you know like the ball of ur ankle on the side i shattered that. What happened was you know how theres a lil space between ur nerf nets and ur frame well i was in the air and had to correct and i missed my peg and my foot went right in between there and i landed on it. I was wearing riding boots they prolly saved me form it gettin messed up worse. So the orthepedict (bone doctor) said i shattered that bone i forget the name he said i was lucky it stayed together. im in a full leg cast and go back in a week to make sure its still together and dont need any screws. but minum 8 weeks ina full leg cast and then physical thereapy. here are some pics right after it happened a lil swollen :eek2: . http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v367/250ex3/83e36c62.jpg http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v367/250ex3/bf1eb581.jpg

TheFontMaster
04-19-2006, 09:23 AM
Owch, that sucks man. I hope you have a full recovery. Take it easy and listen to the doctors.

JRP
04-19-2006, 09:46 AM
that sucks man. yea listen to the doctors and dont mess it up again.

quadrcr161
04-19-2006, 09:55 AM
yea take it easy, are you in the roboboot? i messed up my ankle last august, tore ligiments and everything, and it swelled up huge. i am still haveing problems with it today. its real weak and i can roll it a lot easier.

tanman11
04-19-2006, 10:27 AM
JR3

I broke my left ankle about the same spot. Cased a 60' double, and it broke even though my boot never left the peg. Right where the bone, and that knob meets. The doctors didn't give me much of a choice with regards to screws, because I am older than you, and they mentioned arthritis would set in immediately if I didn't. I got three very long screws. To this day it hurts some, but that's not what I know you want to hear. If I could give you any advice, it would be go to the best physical therepist you can find. Hopefully you have insurance that will pay. Make him work you, I know it will hurt, but you will be better off in the long run. I was in PT for 5 months, 3 times a week, and my ankle regained all flexability, and movement. It might not sound like much, but anyone that breaks a bone will tell you, that is not always the case. Good luck.

dirtman2
04-19-2006, 11:12 AM
yea takes it easy i messed my left ankle up and the ball around your ankle kept poping out so i had to get surgerey but just take it easy man good luck

Quad18star
04-19-2006, 12:39 PM
Like the others said ... take it easy and don't rush the recovery ... you'll thank yourself later on for allowing it to heal properly .

JR3
04-19-2006, 12:44 PM
yea thanks everyone and greg i remember ur leg and chit was meesed up how u doin with that. and it just sucks i hope im at a full recovery by the middle of the summer.

LeGaCyGiAnT124
04-19-2006, 04:53 PM
Hey man just let that take its time to heal. I broke my ankle last June and it took until August 15 for me to start walking on it again. Mine still hurts everyonce and awhile though but its not that bad.

wckedclownz69
04-19-2006, 06:01 PM
damn :eek2: how did u fit your foot threw the hole under your shifter/brake... lol thts nuts tho feel better

Warnerade
04-19-2006, 07:19 PM
once you get outa that cast...take it REALY EASY...i broke my ankle almost a year ago, i was healing good but it popped once, and that was it...it still hurts a little bit if i step on it wrong...let it heal properly, stay off of it as much as you can.

400exrules
04-19-2006, 07:24 PM
ouch, might want to try this

put zip ties from your nets to your frame, try 2-3 of them, and you can wrap them with electrical tape so they dont hang down

Warnerade
04-19-2006, 07:26 PM
zip ties? i can break one of those just by looking at it...those will not with stand the impact of a jump.

tazman7
04-19-2006, 07:31 PM
Just last week I had a crash and stretched ligaments in my ankle- Good thing for riding boots otherwise I would have ended up alot worst then I did.

Quad18star
04-19-2006, 07:33 PM
Originally posted by JR3
yea thanks everyone and greg i remember ur leg and chit was meesed up how u doin with that. and it just sucks i hope im at a full recovery by the middle of the summer.

Ummm I'm doing better than I was a year and 2 years ago thats for sure . LOL . I still haven't been able to go out and do any riding though and I'm still in a fair amount of pain everyday . I did 3 months of physio and had to quit because I couldn't progress any further ( ie couldn't do leg presses , etc) because of the pain . I should be all done with surgeries now .... 5 is enough for me . I know how ankle pain is though .... when I was in a cast I slipped on my crutches and put all my weight on my leg that was in a cast ... I popped soemthing in my ankle and it hasn't been the same since.

NacsMXer
04-19-2006, 07:43 PM
Looks like you shattered the head of your fibula.. I know ankle injuries suck man :( I jammed the chit out of my ankle last July...boot slid back under the fender with my toe still on the peg like this with my foot I/ . Took me a good month to walk normally again. Hope your recovery goes well man :)

guess its time to get me some IMS heelguards

tazman7
04-19-2006, 08:11 PM
I tell you what- I never thought that my huge size 12 foot could get into my tire, but it sure did and when those tires even nick your foor you might as well kiss it bye bye.

Now everybody that rides with me I make buy mx boots- And people that dont I call idiots.

Some people laugh at the amount of protection that I wear when I go race, I said im not dressed to impress, im dressed for the crash-

400exrules
04-19-2006, 08:16 PM
Originally posted by NacsRacer027
zip ties? i can break one of those just by looking at it...those will not with stand the impact of a jump.

you must be 800lbs or your using pre-school grade zip-ties.....that or your not smart enough to fasten them the right way...:huh

yamablaster24
04-19-2006, 10:37 PM
no nerfs

yamablaster24
04-19-2006, 10:39 PM
rod 4 screws, bad flexibility and arthritis at 16...cant run for a long time,

shoulda went to physical therapy i guess

wckedclownz69
04-20-2006, 04:21 AM
how cant the zip ties not hold u??? your not landing on them after a jump... and if u did it would still slow u down a lot more if it broke...Your supposed to land on the foot peg off a jump

Warnerade
04-20-2006, 04:53 AM
listen kid, your trying to tell me that if you skied off of a 40ft tripple..and your foot slipped off the peg, that a littlem puny zip tie would withstand the imnpact from your foot? a zip tie is a zip tie, they arent durable, but hey...if you like the idea of your quad being held together with them...i guess whatever gets your jollies off.

416HiRoller
04-20-2006, 05:55 AM
Don't feel bad man I just broke both of my arms last week and I'll be out for a while. And I have to go to physical therapy for the next 8 weeks, three times a week because I had to get a pin in each one of my wrists. :ermm:

quads14589
04-20-2006, 07:02 AM
nasty

willow2679
04-20-2006, 07:21 AM
It hurts for sure but try to have patience I broke real bad my ankle had a plate and three more screws in it have 20-25 % of movility and now, after 1 and a half years I walk good sometimes I feel it sometimes not, and almost no limp (unleast I have to go upsatirs because I dont have upward movement on my foot, it goes only at 90 º)
It took one and half year to get there but I thnk Im`still recovering tryng to run not only walk two days a week on swimming pool (the best for you and your leg for sure) and go to gim too and no problems it gets tired a little early than the other one though
-Dont be in a hurry it takes time to heal (is good that you dont have anything serious like surgeries or screws)
-try to talk to the doctor if you can make some (very very light) movility exercises in the pool to not loose the muscle tonification and move it, 8 weeks on a cast takes a lot of recovery then when youre wothout the cast (not saying that hurry up Im saying that maybe you can move it to keep it in some type of shape)
Good luck and is going to recover well :macho

And dont worry you can ride then on quads (i ride MX bikes too) then think that bill ballance, shane hitt, and sheremy schell broke all his ankles some real bad and now they are running like before