PDA

View Full Version : 450r or raptor 700 faster?

therockstar
04-19-2006, 08:09 AM
Anyone seen the new raptor race against a 450r? How fast are those 700's??

CHEVYZ
04-19-2006, 08:21 AM
I have raced 4 of them so far. 3 of the 4 I could eat up. Top-end on them is about the same, the 450r has more acceleration throughout the gears in most areas and terrains. One of the Raptors I raced was set up well.... LTE exhaust, the Trinity program deal for the EFI, some type of wedged paddles in the rear ( Great for the loose dirt/sand terrain we raced on), and some other mild componets. He could consistantly pull on my 05 450r with a pipe and cam, a fully piped 05 450r and a uncorked LT-R. Surprisingly, the LT-R was quite slow and we could very easily BURN him to the point were he would stop half way down the track because conditions were so terrible. The Raptor could pull on us everytime though.. obviously his set-up did very well indeed. I was impressed!

Iliketogofast
04-19-2006, 08:33 AM
Stock for stock a 700 will beat a 450.... But they still handle like refridgerators.

Quadster450
04-19-2006, 08:56 AM
i raced one up a 700 foot dune. I was stock at that time - no paddles, nothing - he had paddles and an HMF full- he beat me by about a yard. I'm waiting for the next one i come across now that i have a couple of mods...:devil:

therockstar
04-19-2006, 09:41 AM
sounds like the new raptor is going to be a good dune bike. But maybe not the best for handling around a track.. But for a raptor, it sounds like a huge step!

bananas
04-19-2006, 09:44 AM
Straght run depends on the rider. On a track the 450r will walk all over 700.... ""refridgerator is funny""

I call them tracker trailer trucks.

Just to big and too heavy.

I always like a oil filter on the outside of the atv... it's great for rocks and stuff to put a hole in it....

04-19-2006, 10:02 AM
Originally posted by bananas

I always like a oil filter on the outside of the atv... it's great for rocks and stuff to put a hole in it.... they put that there so you can put it out of its misery

red4r
04-19-2006, 11:15 AM
i raced one at the dunes up comp hill i had about a quadlenght through the whoops and then by the top of the hill he had about 2 feet on me... and my bikes completly stock just with paddles

desratt
04-19-2006, 06:38 PM
stock 450r till about 4th gear

450rJam
04-19-2006, 07:23 PM
450r by a little, rider can make the difference
throw a hrc on the 450r and no longer a close race anywhere.
I was toying with my buddy who has a totally stock 06 rappy.
off the line I would kill him through 4th gear then give a jerk in 5th and ride the wheelie across the finish line.
the 700 is no slouch ........... its just not a pure bread race quad
I would say the 700 is a close 2nd behind the big 3 450's

Bender
04-19-2006, 11:33 PM
I know the older Raptors have had a reputation for not exactly handling that great, but isn't the new Raptor vastly improved in handling and has shed some pounds? Correct me if I'm wrong but isn't the stock seat height on the new 700 actually a bit lower than the 450R? I'm not saying it will out handle any of the 450's stock, but it does seem greatly improved over the older Raptor's chasis set up. I was checking a new 700 out today at the dealership and quite surprized with the quality that Yamaha has been put into the new Raptor, the fit and finnish up close seemed much better than the LTR450 I went to look at. The new Raptor actually looks like it would be fun in the woods now(didn't ever think I would say that about a Raptor).

04-20-2006, 01:02 AM
Originally posted by Bender
I know the older Raptors have had a reputation for not exactly handling that great, but isn't the new Raptor vastly improved in handling and has shed some pounds? Correct me if I'm wrong but isn't the stock seat height on the new 700 actually a bit lower than the 450R? I'm not saying it will out handle any of the 450's stock, but it does seem greatly improved over the older Raptor's chasis set up. I was checking a new 700 out today at the dealership and quite surprized with the quality that Yamaha has been put into the new Raptor, the fit and finnish up close seemed much better than the LTR450 I went to look at. The new Raptor actually looks like it would be fun in the woods now(didn't ever think I would say that about a Raptor). it still handles like a turd and feels like one too compared to my 450r. The thing is now like a really fast utility. I did not like it at all. Only thing it might be equally as good for against the 450's is dunes. Id rather have a 450 anyday

450rJam
04-20-2006, 04:10 AM
the 700 vs the 660 rappy is about the same difference as
the 450r vs the 700 rappy

the 700 is a good bit above the 660 in every catagory
my friend had 2 660's (an 01 and an 03) now he has a 700
and they dont even feel like the same modle.
I will say this, at the dunes I went through about 50% more
fuel on my 450r than he did.
could have been my driving habbits lol

MaxxRPM
04-20-2006, 05:51 PM
Originally posted by MixMasterMike
they put that there so you can put it out of its misery

The 700 doesn't have a spin-on oil filter...........:confused:
If you dreamers could get close enough to one in a drag race, you would see that...............so keep on dreaming! :D

450rJam
04-21-2006, 05:58 PM
st. louis isnt too far from me,
we can get togeather for some friendly drag racing.
the 700 is a great quad no doubt
but its not a pure bread race quad.
stay cool and have fun.
I heard there is a good place south of st. louis that is a pretty good place to go

MaxxRPM
04-21-2006, 08:51 PM
Yeah, its called St. Joe state park. I'm out there alot and I've seen a lot of fast 450Rs. Come on out and you can kick my "non race breed" piped stocker's *****............:rolleyes:

04-21-2006, 09:35 PM
Originally posted by MaxxRPM
Yeah, its called St. Joe state park. I'm out there alot and I've seen a lot of fast 450Rs. Come on out and you can kick my "non race breed" piped stocker's *****............:rolleyes: ill meet yo uthere in a few weeks and ill beat you just like the other one ive beaten countless times. congrats u own an overweight turd of a quad

tido450
04-21-2006, 09:52 PM
ill meet yo uthere in a few weeks and ill beat you just like the other one ive beaten countless times. congrats u own an overweight turd of a quad

WOW this dude is a dickhead. and i thing even the 700 haters see that.

and to say it handles like a utility quad...:macho ya your a moron

04-21-2006, 09:57 PM
Originally posted by tido450
WOW this dude is a dickhead. and i thing even the 700 haters see that.

and to say it handles like a utility quad...:macho ya your a moron have u even ridden one?:rolleyes:

tido450
04-21-2006, 09:58 PM
yep and ive ridden a utility quad. just alittle different...

beany
04-22-2006, 12:36 AM
I raced a 700 vs. my 450 both completly stock, Took him all the way until top end then he started to catch me plain and simple bigger displacement bigger top end. What you going to do ever if you hate the yamahahaha.

MaxxRPM
04-22-2006, 02:35 AM
ill meet yo uthere in a few weeks and ill beat you just like the other one ive beaten countless times. congrats u own an overweight turd of a quad

You've beat "ONE" so now they're all turds?.............:D
..........Thanks for your expertise. I will try to return it tomorrow and get my money back...................:blah:

04-22-2006, 07:15 AM
Originally posted by MaxxRPM
You've beat "ONE" so now they're all turds?.............:D
..........Thanks for your expertise. I will try to return it tomorrow and get my money back...................:blah: thats what my friend did who got one. he took it back and traded it in on an 06 yfz and an exhaust. good decision. now he beats me untill i get a cam

bwilson624
04-22-2006, 09:40 AM
My buddy has an '04 Pred and he smoked the 700 by quite a few lengths. I didn't have my 450r at this time, but when I got it and after I broke it in I smoked the Pred by about 2 lengths. I don't know if it was operator error on the 700, he still got beat. This has been my only experience with the 700. JMO

desratt
04-22-2006, 09:51 PM
did you say he traided in a 06 trx for a 06 yfz..
cause stock for stock the 06 trx is faster then the 06 yfz..
yes a raptor 700 has top end that is in the gearing..
they are night and day difference to the 660. but in my book still not the quad I want.

and my cousin who lives across the street has one

ChrisSekerak
04-28-2006, 07:40 AM
MixMasterMike stated: "ill meet yo uthere in a few weeks and ill beat you just like the other one ive beaten countless times. congrats u own an overweight turd of a quad"

Well whoever stated this is a complete idiot. I had a standard bore 2003 660 Raptor. Too bad last year up at Silver Lake out of about the 400 some quads there Memorial day weekend, my stock bore Raptor was "killing your 450R race bikes." The sad thing it's all on video.
I hate to say it, your junk 450 couldn't do you know what to my "turd of a quad"

Too bad a traded it in on another bike, I'd love to hand you your **** on a platter. Don't knock the new bikes, they are all build to accomodate different riding situations.

Bring that junk up to Silver Lake May 19 - 21. I've got somethin for ya.

Smidgy
04-28-2006, 08:21 AM
man i was on a 700 rap the other day, and you couldn't do anything with it, they are so much heavier feeling, prolly cause they are, but you don't feel this ton of power they talk about, i love the way i can move my quad around and i didn't feel this on the 700 rappy, felt like an old ds too me, just like a flying brick

angry450r
04-28-2006, 12:24 PM
last weekend finally got an up close look at the new rappy the owner said hes had it for 2 months. hes very disapointed in the handling says its very tippy,pushes nasty threw turns overall he really was doggin his own quad ,then we took it up on some flat pavement and radar gunned it. topped out it 78 not to shabby but my buddies stock 04 without fenders still did 79:D dont ask what my 06 450r did:ermm:

04-28-2006, 12:56 PM
Originally posted by ChrisSekerak
MixMasterMike stated: "ill meet yo uthere in a few weeks and ill beat you just like the other one ive beaten countless times. congrats u own an overweight turd of a quad"

Well whoever stated this is a complete idiot. I had a standard bore 2003 660 Raptor. Too bad last year up at Silver Lake out of about the 400 some quads there Memorial day weekend, my stock bore Raptor was "killing your 450R race bikes." The sad thing it's all on video.
I hate to say it, your junk 450 couldn't do you know what to my "turd of a quad"

Too bad a traded it in on another bike, I'd love to hand you your **** on a platter. Don't knock the new bikes, they are all build to accomodate different riding situations.

Bring that junk up to Silver Lake May 19 - 21. I've got somethin for ya.

ur story makes ZERO SENSE! if your craptor was so nice why do you own a 06' 450r? maybe b/c u knew you had a POS quad that is also prob. the worst handling of any quad too. congrats, this pics for YOU http://www.ebaumsworld.com/forumfun/negative24.jpg

whats your excuse on why you got this 2006 450r that you beat so many times at the sand drags? thats what i thought

450rJam
04-28-2006, 04:13 PM
OWNED !!!

DEVINF450R
04-28-2006, 06:11 PM
I have never seen any stock 660 step to a 450R in any circumstance. I have been beaten by a 660 that was set-up for drag (suspension, extd. swinger, and gearing.) plus a big bore. but he was FAAAAAR from stock. But I will never slam anyone but my friends for the type of uad they own. To each his own and if they are foolish enuff to drop $$$ on a quad that isnt Honda that is their decision. but with my mods I beat an 06 700 rappy that had a full exhaust, and a rev box thingy (not a mechanic haha) that was for fuel ccontrol on the injector. but you can still have fun on ANY quad. and I do mean A-N-Y!

ChrisSekerak
04-30-2006, 08:51 AM
My raptor was a stock bore 13.5 JE piston. K&N, no air box, CT full pipe, head shaved to raise comp., carb kit, +3 gibson LT front end with elka elite 20" shocks. Rear tcs LT set up with shock and linkage, RPM +5 axle. Plus a few other extras, but TRUST it would keep up with or beat the NEW 450R's.

I traded my Raptor in on a 05 YFZ450 yellow and black, but was not happy with a few things. So I sold that and waited for the 06 Honda 450R. The only bad part about my raptor was that it was and felt heavy. The power was comparable to my honda WITH the HRC kit.

It's just now I have the power without the extra weight.

04-30-2006, 02:34 PM
i still dont understand why you sold your standard bore raptor that beat 400 other 4 wheelers and countless 450's all on camera for another 450? makes no sense :rolleyes:

desratt
04-30-2006, 02:34 PM
good move

true story
when i first got my 04 450r my buddy sent his 660 to become a 680. with a mild web cam mild comp (still race gas) mild port bla bla.

out of the box my 04 smoked him. he got pissed and I got a 520 kit. mysto cam blah blah and he got pissed more.

he gets his 660 back from ct racing in a few days with the 680 AGAIN huge cam, huge comp, huge porting bla bla bla,

I just got my 06 kicker installed a 480 2 ringer 12.5:1 duncan/je
web 943/921, hrc jets and wire harness, factory 4 exhaust, fmf ceb clutch, much other non engine parts..

well anyways

HE'S GONNA BE PISSED AGAIN.

and thats funny right there, I don't care who ya are

bwilson624
04-30-2006, 07:13 PM
Indeed desratt, hilarious! But obviously you have found the money tree. Can you send me some seeds and I'll plant my own. Just joking. Keep on spanking yammys!