PDA

View Full Version : starting to look like a twig anyone know a good way to build up your arms/biceps

2004400exa
04-19-2006, 07:32 AM
ya my arms are getting kinda small and need to think of a way to get them bigger and no im not using streoids lol and i live to far away from the gym

Iliketogofast
04-19-2006, 08:02 AM
Eat lots of cheeseburgers.

derekhonda
04-19-2006, 08:56 AM
You could go buy a weight set from dicks and actually use it (most people forget that part) If not you could just start out by doing 50 push ups or something each day. Any activity is going to help you out...

2004400exa
04-19-2006, 08:56 AM
cheeseburgers?????? lol

theTman
04-19-2006, 09:09 AM
:o rub a few off

MR.BIG
04-19-2006, 10:08 AM
Originally posted by theTman

Yeah just make sure you switch hands so you work both arms. lol
Just buy a cheap weight set and work out thats the only way you are going to get big.:eek2:

04-19-2006, 10:11 AM
You can pick up your quad like that crazy 3 wheeler guy in huevos 5.

PismoLocal
04-19-2006, 10:13 AM
go to wal-mart and buy some 30lb dumbells do do five sets with them each night for about 2 months and then buy some 35lb ones.

troutman561
04-19-2006, 10:39 AM
Originally posted by theTman

Damnit too my answer

RaptorRacer45
04-19-2006, 10:50 AM
A friend suggested to me 2 go work in a Steakhouse and do dishes.....that will build u up quickly believe it or not

zeppelin
04-19-2006, 11:02 AM
Originally posted by MXFourTwoEight
You can pick up your quad like that crazy 3 wheeler guy in huevos 5. CODY HAYES!! that guy is great lmao .

MR.BIG
04-19-2006, 01:40 PM
Originally posted by RaptorRacer45
A friend suggested to me 2 go work in a Steakhouse and do dishes.....that will build u up quickly believe it or not

I would stay small before I went and did dishes at a restaurant.:eek2:

miller821
04-19-2006, 04:42 PM
Chin ups... and push ups.

04-19-2006, 04:58 PM
Originally posted by RaptorRacer45

Ur friends a liar. I did that n just got fat from eating food all the time.

milehigh450r
04-19-2006, 05:30 PM
If you want big arms you can't just work your biceps, you have to work your triceps too. Close grip bench, skullcushers, that type thing.

KWAD GAWD
04-19-2006, 10:07 PM
Some kids are just skinny. I could lift all day every day when I was 16 and would not get huge. I was strong, but still skinny.
If you REALLY want to get bigger arms, just start eating alot of protein - eggs, meats, peanut butter, fish or buy liquid protein from GNC. Do bicep curls everyday, push ups, and chin ups.
You won't get big unless you commit to doing it at least 3 times a week, and working out hard. You can't do 10 curls, once a week and expect results. You may get a little bigger, but don't expect to look huge after 2 weeks. You have to stick to it for a long time.

yamablaster24
04-19-2006, 10:35 PM
every night i do 20 push ups, 100 crunches, then do different curls with my two 7 lb. dumbells (50 sets for each diff one ) While i have defined muscle i have no muscle mass. Im skinny but you can see my muscles. What would one reccomend?

wrong pic but yeah

milehigh450r
04-19-2006, 11:20 PM
More weight and less reps. If you do little weight but a lot of reps you are toning muscle. To build mass, lift as much as you can at 6-8 reps or so. And like the guys said, eat protein.

Villageidiott22
04-20-2006, 09:02 AM
Start juicin man just working out aint gonna get u bulked up. start hitting the juice. i weighed 180 b4 i started juicing at age 21 im now 22 yrsold and i weigh 240 solid with less then 15% body fat. 18 inch arms 49-50 inch chest . u just gotta know what ur doin. dont let the media scare u.

derekhonda
04-20-2006, 10:31 AM
Originally posted by Villageidiott22
Start juicin man just working out aint gonna get u bulked up. start hitting the juice. i weighed 180 b4 i started juicing at age 21 im now 22 yrsold and i weigh 240 solid with less then 15% body fat. 18 inch arms 49-50 inch chest . u just gotta know what ur doin. dont let the media scare u.

right.....

rbgnwa45
04-20-2006, 10:42 AM
The guy with the worlds largest biceps took too many steroids and his 2-foot+ arms got an infection so it started bulging puss under his skin and he tried to take it out himself with a syringe and now...he ain't doin' so good :huh .

Villageidiott22
04-20-2006, 10:43 AM
what u mean right, what part of that dont u believe or disagree with, if the stuff didnt work it wouldnt be illegal, and yeah its dangerous but only to the dumb asses who dont know what they are doin.... if u havent been educated on it or havent tried it then dont bash it or u could just jump on the band wagon with the rest of the know it alls.

Villageidiott22
04-20-2006, 10:45 AM
yeah actually the guy with the 2 foot arms wasnt on steroids he was taking a drug called synthol whitch makes ur muscles swell and fill with water. good for competition. that man used waaaay to much and thats what he gets for it. no steroid on the planet works that fast. he was just a fool.

PismoLocal
04-20-2006, 11:00 AM
Originally posted by yamablaster24
every night i do 20 push ups, 100 crunches, then do different curls with my two 7 lb. dumbells (50 sets for each diff one ) While i have defined muscle i have no muscle mass. Im skinny but you can see my muscles. What would one reccomend?

wrong pic but yeah

The reason why your skiny and have no mass is your not using enough weight and your doing it way too many times, you need to get more serious and get 20lb-30lb weights. You need to get weights that you struggle with around 10 reps. When you are working out to get bigger you should be repping weight that you can just barely finish around 10 reps with. Protien intake is also important the general rule of thumb is 1 gram per pound of body weight.

Villageidiott22
04-20-2006, 11:17 AM
hes right on man the less weight u lift and more reps u do turns ur muscles against themselves instead of an anabolic effect its more catabolic. do some concetration curls with 45lbs or 50s and focus on the muscle being used.

Mxjunkie
04-20-2006, 11:19 AM
Eat protien all the time, eggs, tuna, steak, some speggti and lift in short reps heavy weights.

work your back one day, arms and chest another, legs one day, carido one day etc..

PismoLocal
04-20-2006, 12:03 PM
hes right on man the less weight u lift and more reps u do turns ur muscles against themselves instead of an anabolic effect its more catabolic. do some concetration curls with 45lbs or 50s and focus on the muscle being used.
lol i doubt he can do 50lbers if he is only doing 7lbs right now. take it one step at a time :D

derekhonda
04-20-2006, 12:08 PM
what u mean right, what part of that dont u believe or disagree with, if the stuff didnt work it wouldnt be illegal, and yeah its dangerous but only to the dumb asses who dont know what they are doin.... if u havent been educated on it or havent tried it then dont bash it or u could just jump on the band wagon with the rest of the know it alls.

Ive seen the effects of steroids, not pretty man. But you keep taking them...and then when your heart gives out on you at 35, atleast you were in good shape when you died i guess. You'll look buff in the casket. As for me, ill work as hard as i can every day of the week in the weightroom, and i know that every muscle i have...i earned it the right way.

bwamos
04-20-2006, 12:21 PM
Originally posted by milehigh450r
More weight and less reps. If you do little weight but a lot of reps you are toning muscle. To build mass, lift as much as you can at 6-8 reps or so. And like the guys said, eat protein.

^^^ is correct.

You want to do about 80% of your max 5-6 times. You should get temporary muscle failure on the 6th or 7th time. (ie.. you can not lift again). You can do up to 3 sets with a 5-10 minute break between each set.

Only do it every other day. If you don't you are overtraining that muscle, and will be counter productive. You'll get faster results doing it on Mon, Wed, Fri.. than if you do it 7 days a week.

Be sure to work not just your biceps, but your triceps. The majority of the upper arms mass comes from your triceps.

Villageidiott22
04-20-2006, 01:33 PM
Like i said b4 the juicers who get heart failure dont know what they are doin. with the right cycle, dosages, and a good doc working with u it be all good. and actually if u r juicing u have to work twice as hard as someone who is not. everyone hits a wall with there body and you can no longer get bigger or stronger, but with roids you can surpass that wall. cigarettes kill, alcohol kills, cars kill, guns kill so what doesnt kill u these days.

400exrules
04-20-2006, 01:39 PM
here's a great website that gives you numerous exercises for different muscles.
http://www.exrx.net/Lists/Directory.html

also try www.bodybuilding.com

basically if you want to get bulk muscle, of course, do high weight 5-8 reps, 3 sets. You should reach failure (you cant complete a full rep no matter how hard you try) around the 8th rep, if you can rep it 9-10 times, then its time to add weight.

derekhonda
04-20-2006, 01:41 PM
Like i said b4 the juicers who get heart failure dont know what they are doin. with the right cycle, dosages, and a good doc working with u it be all good. and actually if u r juicing u have to work twice as hard as someone who is not. everyone hits a wall with there body and you can no longer get bigger or stronger, but with roids you can surpass that wall. cigarettes kill, alcohol kills, cars kill, guns kill so what doesnt kill u these days.

So you claim to be using it correctly right? Oh...but didnt you say you added 60 pounds of mass in one year? Right....you definitely know exactly what you are doing...cause that sounds healthy.

Rdhanded2
04-20-2006, 01:53 PM

3. Refrain from swearing, making sexual and drug references,or creating alternate usernames.