PDA

View Full Version : FLY aluminum bars question??

tahoe97
08-02-2002, 09:17 AM
Marcums sells FLY aluminum bars for 37 dollars they are way cheaper than renthals but i have a question are they inferior quality? i bought a set of msr's that were cheaper than renthal and bent them on one hard jump.. are the fly bars good bars?? are they as good or better than renthal?? also do they have a crossbar like the renthals do?????

do you guys think a set of gold bars would look cool with a yellow 400ex or would you stick with silver??
thanks for all the help

Razorback
08-02-2002, 09:46 AM
i don't know personally, but i've heard the fly bars are pretty good, very comparable to renthal. i think they have bars with the cross-bar and the larger diameter bars without (i think). i would say go for it.

SGA
08-02-2002, 11:48 PM
I bought a pair of fly bars, ran them about two weeks, but didn't like the cut of them, cr low i think. I bought some renthals and sold them to my friend cheap. He was poking along on the edge of a small ditch, got to close, the quad tipped over, he bailed. It pretty much just rolled over slowly one time. The right side of the bars bent down bad. I wasn't to impressed with them.

wht_blue_300ex
08-03-2002, 12:54 AM
i have fly bar the alumunim and their great i rolled down this huge hill it twisted my frame bent my axle and my bars were still straight. i would recomened them to any one. mine are the 7/8 and black with a blue bar pad and their identical to renthals except the price. my friend has them to and he fliped his fourwheeler on it top and his didnt bend.:)

mysticfalcon
08-03-2002, 10:23 AM
Ive got a pair of fly bars from marcums and theyve survived for the last 6 months through a dozen rolls. I love them.

tahoe97
08-03-2002, 01:07 PM
i barely rolled my bike the other day and it bent my renthals.. not bad but they are still bent.. i thought renthals were tough.. i mean this was a roll that i would have expected stock bars to maybe stand up too...

i am not very impressed with renthal so there has to be something out there cheaper too that will hold over better in a roll over

phatswinn
08-03-2002, 02:07 PM
fly sucks, i went through 2 pairs cuz i bent them on a jump the day i got them and i got another pair cuz i bent them so fast, i put my stock ones back on for now though

TRAIL
08-03-2002, 04:02 PM
I have the 1 1/8 inch fly bars "Aero Tapers" they are just like pro tapers and tag t2 and i have crashed in the whoops (3rd pinned) and the quad went cart wheeling and they didnt bend, i rolled it down a hill and tweeked my stem but not the bars. And i know some of you would rather bend bars then a steering stem but most oversized bars run about 70-90 dollars and then you bend your 40-60 dollar steerstem. or you use 40 dollar bars and when u roll u bend the bars. to me its a toss up.......strong bars bend the stem.......weak bars bend the bars. i love my bar though.

tahoe97
08-03-2002, 05:46 PM
i was thinking about going with the renthal FAT bars.. i was thinking mayabe the larger diamater bars would hold up alot better.. i just want something that isnt going to bend in a little roll over like i had the other day.. it didnt even hurt the bike.. just bent the bars..

TRAIL
08-03-2002, 10:21 PM
I have had Pro tapers, fat bars, and now my flys (i had the fat bars and tapers on my past bikes) and my friends run tags. never bent any of them.