PDA

View Full Version : 20" rear for stock 8" wheel

KWAD GAWD
04-18-2006, 10:10 PM
This is a great replacement tire for the LTR, for those of you guys who don't want to buy new wheels - but want to run 20s in the rear for trail riding or woods racing on the stock 8" wheel. Check out the Super Grip Stinger... distributed by Modern Tire in Evansville, Indiana.
I talked to the owner today, and he told me they make a 20" rear Stinger (exactly like the Maxxis) for an 8" wheel.

Tell them ATV Insider sent ya....
Check this out Link:
http://www.moderntire.com/supergrip-index.html

bradley300
04-19-2006, 07:25 AM
have you used them yet? i tried 20 inch tires on an 8 inch wheel on my blaster and hated it. switched toa 9 inch wheel and liked it alot better

Flynbryan19
04-19-2006, 07:48 AM
I believe ITP also sells a 20" Holeshot XCR for 8" wheels too. A fella I know had put them on his Cannondale Moto for when he wanted to trail ride. Bradley does have a good point though..... A 20" tire on a 8" wheel will have ALOT of shoulder roll.

KWAD GAWD
04-19-2006, 12:30 PM
Haven't used this set up. I'm just saying... if your average quad-man-Joe or 16 year old who rides for fun in the woods and jumps dirt piles buys an LT-R and wants 20s, but doesn't have the money to spend on new 9" wheels - the Super Grip Stinger may be a good tire for them.

goldrims04
04-20-2006, 01:49 AM
Originally posted by Flynbryan19
I believe ITP also sells a 20" Holeshot XCR for 8" wheels too. A fella I know had put them on his Cannondale Moto for when he wanted to trail ride. Bradley does have a good point though..... A 20" tire on a 8" wheel will have ALOT of shoulder roll. i race xc and run 23 in the front and 22 in the rear on an 8 inch rim and have very mininum roll but great set up in the woods or moutian races works for me...