PDA

View Full Version : Sparks pipe

tchonda426ex
04-18-2006, 09:33 PM
I was wondering what the difference was between the sparks pipe and the big core sparks pipe and what is the ceramic coating?

RedRacer44
04-19-2006, 11:18 AM
The big core silencer has a bigger inside circumference and bigger/shorter end dump-cap....quite a bit louder too. It works well though, I've used both the regular Sparks and the big core....the big core seemed to have better power everywhere in the RPMs....

Ceramic coating is just finish that they put on the pipes to make it all shiny...looks like polished aluminum or chrome. I wouldnt recommend it because it gets really dirty and tarnished easily. Get the stainless steel pipe.....

honda350r
04-19-2006, 11:31 AM
Originally posted by RedRacer44

Ceramic coating is just finish that they put on the pipes to make it all shiny...looks like polished aluminum or chrome. I wouldnt recommend it because it gets really dirty and tarnished easily. Get the stainless steel pipe.....

I find that statement to be just the oposite .. The stainless will turn brown and the ceramic will stay looking nice !!

RedRacer44
04-19-2006, 12:16 PM
Just in my experience.....my old Sparks standard pipe was ceramic coated and it looked like crap in just a couple of months. It stained and tarnished from mud,dirt, and my riding gear rubbing on the pipe.

I have seen some of the pipes stay looking nice.....

cals400ex
04-19-2006, 01:04 PM
the non-stainless pipes from sparks rust bad. they look like crap after a while. however, the ceramic coating does make most everything look better. i believe all of their pipes now are stainless, but they still ceramic coat them if you choose.