PDA

View Full Version : 86 Carb Issues. Basically its pissing its pants

Lpt1485
04-18-2006, 09:01 PM
So, It starts right up. But while the engine is running and anytime the fuel valve is turned to on or reserve the machine legitimately pisses gas everywhere out of the overflows. I took the carb apart and sprayed it with cleaner and checked the floats and all of the internals and they appreared to be in working order. I am not sure if the floats float, I figure this is the cause of the problem.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I see they have rebuild kits, but none of them include the floats.

Should I just buy a new/used carb. And any recommendations would be appreciated.

Some info.
The engine is stock with upgraded reeds and K&N filter.
Also I am going to be installing a FMF Fatty Expansion chamber with a power core 2 silencer. Any tips on the jetting, I live @ about 600ft above sea level.

Thanks again.

Iliketogofast
04-18-2006, 09:37 PM
It almost definatley has to do with the float level, float needle or floats.

Check the level. You want to make sure that the needle that rests on the clip will seat when the floats come all the way up.

Also inspect your needle and floats. The black part on the needle needs to be in really good shape or you will have leaks.

If none of the other things works replace the floats and the needle while you're at it.

dsaint77
04-19-2006, 03:39 PM
how to trouble shoot your carb.

1) take it apart and inspect all the pieces for any type of damage.

2) take the floats and place them in a cup of water (fuel is best) and make sure that they infact to float.

3) when you put it back together make sure that the floats and put in the correct way.

4) take the carb completely assembled and turn it upside down and using a clean gas line blow into the gas inlet and see if you can blow freely through it. If air just rushes through then you need to 1 replace your needle and seat 2 calibrate your float level.

I hope that this helps you out.

Adam