PDA

View Full Version : ATV Insure

crazedape
04-18-2006, 08:58 PM
The moderator may move this to stolen quad page. You can't start a new page. My '03 Raptor Red/Black got stolen about a year ago. I actually found who took it and had 3 guys testify to the cops who took it. Everyone that was in on it I knew. I made a few threats to the people and some confessions started coming. By the way they were all hopped up on ice. Anyway the detective took the case before a judge and they judge still would not give a search warrant. The guy ended up selling it for $600 and now I can not find it. The cops sat near his house for about a month because he turned around and hit me with a restraining order. He knew I was going to kick his ***. He also stole 13 guns from me too. The police already told me if they catch me over there they will lock me up. That is @#$ked up.

By the way I had raced the guy about a month before that on the Raptor he was on a stock banshee and beat his ***.

The legal system is all @#@ked up.

Insurance will cover any offroad vehicle that you use for business.
I told them my raptor was used for surveying land. Working in a small landscape company. Boom insurance payed up. Remember that it is strictly for work only no enjoyment. HA HA

MadDog56
04-18-2006, 09:15 PM
ATV specific insurance will cover theft, for the dollar a day or so it costs I think it would be a good investment for every atv owner.

crazedape
04-18-2006, 09:22 PM
No this was regular homeowners insurance. Regular homeowners insurance. Read your policy and you can figure out how to get almost anything covered. It says recreational offroad vehicles not covered. Work related items covered. It was covered as if a framing nailer was covered. It was a tool for my normal everyday business.HA HA Having fun is my business.

MadDog56
04-19-2006, 06:17 PM
I realize you got homeowners to cover it, but for the cost I'd prefer not to have to fight my homeowners to cover it and then worry about going to jail for insurance fraud after I finally get the check.

Bender
04-19-2006, 11:05 PM
So you're saying that guy screwed you over and you screwed the insurance company over?

crazedape
04-20-2006, 10:41 AM
I don't see it as screwing the insurance company overe you have a homeowners insurance policy to cover thefts and fire and other damage well that is mine it was at my house and it got stolen. They will cover it if it is for work I told them it was a Raptor. But if you use it for fun at all they won't cover it. That seems ascenine so I used it for work. I have surveyed land with it. How many of you would have just said the hell with my 7grand four-wheeler. I will save up and buy another one. Money don't grow on trees everybody could use every bit they get. Crap rolls down hill. Remember it is the insurance company's job to prove you wrong.

I don't feel like I did anything wrong. If it was wrong the insurance company wouldn't have given me a dime for it. It isn't like I had to beg for the money I told them the story went over everything and the check was in the mail. It was that simple.

raptor brothers
04-20-2006, 11:07 AM
My ATV insurace for my 700 is only $200 a year & it covers theft.It also covers repair if I crash($200 deduct).I think thats pretty fare since my deduct on my house insurance is $1500.

04-20-2006, 11:10 AM
Originally posted by crazedape
But if you use it for fun at all they won't cover it

so you only used a raptor for work? this is insurance fraud. homeowners was not meant to be used this way. this is why my insurance is higher than it needs to be.

i also have full coverage on both my quads toa tune of about $400 a year. that is thye kind of coverage you should have if you want a quad replaced in case of theft...

crazedape
04-20-2006, 03:38 PM
It would cost me a fortune to insure everything I own. If you looked at your policy real good you would be amazed at how much money you would actually need to spend to make sure everything is covered. The insurance companies are there just in case and when something happens they all try to bend you over like their personal slave and proceed to give it to you. If you have ever dealt with insurance you know how it is. Nobody ever walks away from an insurance claim with a large smile on their face.