PDA

View Full Version : NOOO!!!!! Please look!@#!@#

Sjorge450R
04-18-2006, 07:15 PM
Well, i was changing my axle bearings today and I stripped the one sprocket bolt!!!! Now my question is, my honda dealer probaly wont have one, and I have a race this weekend. What could I do for a replacment for ONE race. Come on, help me out!!!!

Steve

2004exrider
04-18-2006, 07:53 PM
Try and find a Grade 8 bolt.

Jimmy

jeremy_283
04-18-2006, 08:38 PM
just put any f'in bolt in it....... one race ..... watever..... just do it

prepracing
04-18-2006, 08:40 PM
check with your honda dealer 1st before you hit the panic button, thats a pretty common part on the sport quads so maybe they will have one. If not do you have any other quad dealers in the area yamaha/suzuki...they might have a bolt that will interchange with yours. I doubt you would find a bolt with that taper on it anywhere else. I would rather run with 3 bolts than rig something in there that could stand a chance of snagging something and breaking a chain or something

Sjorge450R
04-19-2006, 04:31 AM
Originally posted by prepracing
check with your honda dealer 1st before you hit the panic button, thats a pretty common part on the sport quads so maybe they will have one. If not do you have any other quad dealers in the area yamaha/suzuki...they might have a bolt that will interchange with yours. I doubt you would find a bolt with that taper on it anywhere else. I would rather run with 3 bolts than rig something in there that could stand a chance of snagging something and breaking a chain or something

I tried calling them yesterday day, but I didnt get an answer. I will try again today.

Does the bolt really have to have the taper or can i Just get one that is going to clear the swing arm???

NacsMXer
04-19-2006, 07:55 AM
Originally posted by Sjorge300EX
I tried calling them yesterday day, but I didnt get an answer. I will try again today.

Does the bolt really have to have the taper or can i Just get one that is going to clear the swing arm???

You might get away with using a high grade bolt and a washer on the side of the sprocket that accepts the taper. I have never done this though, since I have never stripped one of those rear sprocket bolts before. It is just an idea that may work for you, so use it at your own discretion ;)

Iliketogofast
04-19-2006, 08:22 AM
It will work. Just put a good high grade bolt in there with a washer. If you don't have one that fits just go to the hardware store.... It's just one race.