PDA

View Full Version : Reinforcing Rear Link

Ridin' Jesse
04-18-2006, 07:11 PM
What exactly needs to be reinforced? I'm going to try to do it before I get to riding again. Pics would be nice if anyone has done it already too.

bwamos
04-19-2006, 07:30 AM
See page 2 of the breaking frames thread. There is a drawing of where the welds need to be added.

TRXDresh
04-19-2006, 11:50 AM
I would be careful doing that because it might void your warranty on the frame for gusset modification. I don't want mine to break, but I would also hate it if it happened even with the extra welding, then they wouldn't warranty the frame. Just my 2 cents.

Ridin' Jesse
04-19-2006, 01:21 PM
Originally posted by TRXDresh
I would be careful doing that because it might void your warranty on the frame for gusset modification. I don't want mine to break, but I would also hate it if it happened even with the extra welding, then they wouldn't warranty the frame. Just my 2 cents.

Don't matter if you race....I don't think Racing isn't covered under warenty.

jason14x
04-19-2006, 04:46 PM
Suzuki is gonna have to deal with this ....EVENTUALLY guys ! . The deal this time though is they designed this bike with one thing in mind RACING. Hence the name Quadracer .........which means unlike the Z 400 when they say well you shouldnt have done this or that...you can say well what was the bike designed for? You have them over a barrel it may take some strong arming and threats BUT Its just like the Z 400 deal...........eventually they will have to fix or replace peoples frames its just a matter of time. And if it is a simple weld then you can guarantee that the newer 06 models will have it changed. I look at it this way as much as I want to fix It Im gonna ride it as is.......if I break THEIR design then THEY WILL be getting me a frame ! But I agree with whoever said that if you weld it and it still breaks then you just voided your warranty . Its all a matter of what you want to do guys! Good luck to all and everyone keep each other informed!

Jason

bwamos
04-20-2006, 07:46 AM
That is all fine if people plan on running it completely stock.. but if anyone plans on putting on an aftermarket linkage, or revalving the shocks, they may as well reinforce it since the warranty will be voided on that area, anyway.

redrunner
04-21-2006, 07:00 AM
Originally posted by jason14x
Suzuki is gonna have to deal with this ....EVENTUALLY guys ! . The deal this time though is they designed this bike with one thing in mind RACING. Hence the name Quadracer .........which means unlike the Z 400 when they say well you shouldnt have done this or that...you can say well what was the bike designed for? You have them over a barrel it may take some strong arming and threats BUT Its just like the Z 400 deal...........eventually they will have to fix or replace peoples frames its just a matter of time. And if it is a simple weld then you can guarantee that the newer 06 models will have it changed. I look at it this way as much as I want to fix It Im gonna ride it as is.......if I break THEIR design then THEY WILL be getting me a frame ! But I agree with whoever said that if you weld it and it still breaks then you just voided your warranty . Its all a matter of what you want to do guys! Good luck to all and everyone keep each other informed!

Jason

Yeah that'll happen! Just like they are gonna replace my corroded clutch cover....I love my Z but if you guys are waiting for them to recall or fix it good luck!:mad:

CdaleXtreme
04-21-2006, 11:29 AM
dont hold your breath on a recal, the affected models were only the earliest ones release. They have since been fixed and you will not hear anything about it from Suzuki.

Fix your Frame before its breaks.

armysig
04-21-2006, 12:00 PM
Originally posted by Ridin' Jesse
Don't matter if you race....I don't think Racing isn't covered under warenty.

Then why on earth is Suzuki promoting that this is a quad for racing? Kind of seems to be a catch 22 if you ask me.

"yeah we made a race quad, but we won't warenty it if you race it"

Dumb if you ask me

tater_kamik
04-21-2006, 01:30 PM
if you think that is dumb, read your manual on how to ride

Quadprorider
04-21-2006, 01:31 PM
Originally posted by CdaleXtreme
dont hold your breath on a recal, the affected models were only the earliest ones release. They have since been fixed and you will not hear anything about it from Suzuki.

Fix your Frame before its breaks.

I just bought mine a couple of weeks ago and I was taking a look at the washer that is welded onto the rear linkage mount and it seems to be welded ALL the way around the washer and then some more. Are you guys at Cernics welding gussets also? Thanks for your time, Nick.

Airik79mx
04-21-2006, 03:47 PM
Originally posted by Ridin' Jesse
What exactly needs to be reinforced? I'm going to try to do it before I get to riding again. Pics would be nice if anyone has done it already too.

Just take it to Gino and it will be perfect.

benbuilt4u
04-23-2006, 07:04 AM
Originally posted by Quadprorider
I just bought mine a couple of weeks ago and I was taking a look at the washer that is welded onto the rear linkage mount and it seems to be welded ALL the way around the washer and then some more. Are you guys at Cernics welding gussets also? Thanks for your time, Nick.

do you have a picture or does anyone have a picture of one with an upgraded weld? mine was one of the first i would assume since ive had it since feb. also has anyone that cracked there frame recieved a new one under warranty?

kyleschonert
04-23-2006, 05:29 PM
they break very easily, i found that out last weekend. I was at Joe Byrd's school, and a kid that weighed 102 lbs, yes, 102 lbs. barely overshot a table top and it snapped right when he hit the ground. He didnt even flatland it, his rear tires landed on the bottome of the slope of the jump. I thought that was pretty pathetic that it broke that easy when a kid that light was on it.

Airik79mx
04-24-2006, 05:57 AM
Originally posted by kyleschonert
they break very easily, i found that out last weekend. I was at Joe Byrd's school, and a kid that weighed 102 lbs, yes, 102 lbs. barely overshot a table top and it snapped right when he hit the ground. He didnt even flatland it, his rear tires landed on the bottome of the slope of the jump. I thought that was pretty pathetic that it broke that easy when a kid that light was on it.

That doesen't mean that's the only jump that made it break. I'm sure it take's time to stress the area enough to cause the break.

kyleschonert
04-24-2006, 07:55 AM
yes, i know that. But it still shouldnt do that as light as he is. And im suprised Jeremiah Jones didnt break his earlier then the Glen Helen race.

kyleschonert
04-24-2006, 07:55 AM
yes, i know that. But it still shouldnt do that as light as he is. And im suprised Jeremiah Jones didnt break his earlier then the Glen Helen race.