PDA

View Full Version : Just got a new LT-R 450.

QuadManKev
04-18-2006, 06:42 PM
http://img384.imageshack.us/img384/5372/picture0014sb.jpg

http://img384.imageshack.us/img384/1818/picture0029ih.jpg

http://img384.imageshack.us/img384/5125/picture0036nx.jpg

It dynoed at 52hp with the spark arrester removed, the airbox lid taken off, and the cherry bomb. I will get more pictures of it in the daylight.

JRP
04-18-2006, 06:45 PM
looks good kevin, but ur still not gonna be able to touch me man. Sorry to break it to you. Hahaha

JIMTED79
04-18-2006, 06:45 PM
Good choice, the white one looks way better but your dyno number sounds a little high.

QuadManKev
04-18-2006, 06:48 PM
im leaving tomorrow morning for hatfield-mccoy but when i get home i will try to post up some dyno sheets for those doubting it.

miller821
04-18-2006, 06:48 PM
Looking awesome man..

wckedclownz69
04-18-2006, 06:51 PM
nice i like tht color better then yellow

Warnerade
04-18-2006, 07:18 PM
Originally posted by QuadManKev
im leaving tomorrow morning for hatfield-mccoy but when i get home i will try to post up some dyno sheets for those doubting it. then the dyno run was faulty.

honduh440
04-18-2006, 07:23 PM
do u have dyno numbers from a different quad on the same dyno? if so post the mods to the bike and the numbers

JRP
04-18-2006, 07:29 PM
Originally posted by honduh440
do u have dyno numbers from a different quad on the same dyno? if so post the mods to the bike and the numbers

hey i can speak for kevin, hes a close friend. After he got the quad he said he went and go it dynoed and it was said to be 53hp. Its got the baffle out, cherry bomb and its remapped(?), he said it gave it 7hp there. What would the "actuall" number be?

QuadManKev
04-18-2006, 07:32 PM
Alright heres how it goes. The place I bought the bike from has a dyno. Another guy who has an LT-R 450 with the cherry bomb, removed spark arrestor, and lid removed with a new filter dynoed his bike while I was there and it came up with 52hp. I know nothing about dynos and things of that nature so I couldn't tell you if the dyno is faulty or not. Im taking my bike to hatfield-mccoy until Monday and after I get back I am going to take the bike back to the dealer to get it dynoed and see what it reads then.

Warnerade
04-18-2006, 07:41 PM
roughly 40hp stock...the cherry bomb and stuff does add a good amount of power, but it is not 52hp

JRP
04-18-2006, 08:06 PM
Originally posted by NacsRacer027
roughly 40hp stock...the cherry bomb and stuff does add a good amount of power, but it is not 52hp

hey man i gotta question. My stock 05 450r with a cam... will that run with his ltr? Thanks

jrspawn
04-18-2006, 08:08 PM
More than likely the dyno was out of calibration or you got a full Yoshi motor in it and didnt know it. :eek2: :D
I would say your Hp is probably somewheres around the mid 40's, but def. not 52

Justin

KWAD GAWD
04-18-2006, 09:34 PM
Not over 50, no way. Stock Honda 2006 is 39, stock LTR is also around 39. With CB is about 46HP max. I do know a 2006 Honda with a full system, proper jetting, Pro Design filter and a Cam is around 52. Maybe CB with a Yosh pipe you could get 51-52, but not just CB alone.

Byrd's and Natalie's 450R race bikes are pushing 70HP.

4punksdad
04-19-2006, 06:11 AM
who cares what the dyno says............its a cool bike. Ride it & take lots of pics. :)

JRP
04-19-2006, 07:48 AM
Originally posted by 4punksdad
who cares what the dyno says............its a cool bike. Ride it & take lots of pics. :)

haha ya

DeerNuts
04-19-2006, 08:03 AM
Originally posted by 4punksdad

He always has the definitive word:macho

fasterblaster09
04-19-2006, 08:07 AM
Nice, I like it :D

QuadManKev
04-19-2006, 08:08 AM
im leavin at 2:00 for hatfield-mccoy. i will make sure i take some pictures of the beast in action.:devil:

MR.BIG
04-19-2006, 10:12 AM
Have fun man nice ride!

04-19-2006, 10:16 AM
super sweet....!

4punksdad
04-19-2006, 10:51 AM
post the pics of your HM ride in this thread so we all get e-mail notification when you post. Can't wait to see it in action.

zeppelin
04-19-2006, 10:58 AM
Originally posted by KWAD GAWD
Byrd's and Natalie's 450R race bikes are pushing 70HP. at the crank though right? the numbers every one else is taking about is rwhp. there is no way in hell the got a stock bore 450r to push 70hp at the rear wheels, sorry.

KWAD GAWD
04-19-2006, 12:15 PM
Originally posted by zeppelin
at the crank though right? the numbers every one else is taking about is rwhp. there is no way in hell the got a stock bore 450r to push 70hp at the rear wheels, sorry.
At the rear wheels, not at the crank. They are professional racers, with professional engine builders... that's what they do for a living. They find tiny ways to make more and more HP. Every day, all day that's what they do. Some of the MX race bikes are 68,69 horse... just because you can't get your stock bore and stroke 450cc engine to run like that doesn't mean a professional engine builder can't.

JRP
04-19-2006, 01:30 PM
thats just insane. i would love to have a life like that. jus get up and go race. hah, hopefully ill be there one day.

antman
04-19-2006, 01:34 PM
congrats on the new quad. looks great!

zeppelin
04-19-2006, 01:45 PM
well this is the last comment i am going to make because i dont want to steal this guys thread. but i would like to point out that while ricky carmical was riding honda, his 450 only put out 62 rwhp. im sure there were probably acouple more horses found in the honda 450 since carmical left and each dyno will vary a little but i seriously doubt that it was enough to give a quad 70 rwhp. that would be close to 80 at the crank. unless of corse thay used trinity's dyno:rolleyes:

JIMTED79
04-19-2006, 06:13 PM
Originally posted by zeppelin
well this is the last comment i am going to make because i dont want to steal this guys thread. but i would like to point out that while ricky carmical was riding honda, his 450 only put out 62 rwhp. im sure there were probably acouple more horses found in the honda 450 since carmical left and each dyno will vary a little but i seriously doubt that it was enough to give a quad 70 rwhp. that would be close to 80 at the crank. unless of corse thay used trinity's dyno:rolleyes:

I have to agree, my buddy has a YFZ450 thats now a built 523 and running 30% nitro in his fuel and he put up 82 HP on the dyno. So for a stock bore only running rase fuel at best, no way.

jrspawn
04-19-2006, 08:37 PM
Well, ill post what i know. I dont know exact numbers, but can tell you i know and practice with a handfull of pros, and i can tell you with my race quad(putting out 52hp) up against a couple is no competion, hands down most of those engines are producing way more power. After owning quite of few of Ex pro quads also, i will tell you that the "National" port work and design is not the same "National" style porting that the average guy pays for. On one of my Yamaha engines that we had tore down for a rebuild, we were surprised to find MANY off the wall changes, actually became a pain in the butt to get back together with having to find out what is what with it.
As far as finding HP out of engines, i think its unlimimted. its all in how strong an engine is built, just look at cars for an example, the HP small block engines put out, and even the little import engines. With more R&D i think people with see that 70 or more HP out of a 450 is very realistic. Just my .02 cents though. Sorry for jacking the thread:(

Justin

JIMTED79
04-20-2006, 05:09 PM
Originally posted by jrspawn
Well, ill post what i know. I dont know exact numbers, but can tell you i know and practice with a handfull of pros, and i can tell you with my race quad(putting out 52hp) up against a couple is no competion, hands down most of those engines are producing way more power. After owning quite of few of Ex pro quads also, i will tell you that the "National" port work and design is not the same "National" style porting that the average guy pays for. On one of my Yamaha engines that we had tore down for a rebuild, we were surprised to find MANY off the wall changes, actually became a pain in the butt to get back together with having to find out what is what with it.
As far as finding HP out of engines, i think its unlimimted. its all in how strong an engine is built, just look at cars for an example, the HP small block engines put out, and even the little import engines. With more R&D i think people with see that 70 or more HP out of a 450 is very realistic. Just my .02 cents though. Sorry for jacking the thread:(

Justin
Ok lets look at that the 450R in V8 mode would be a little 3.6L V8 and be puting out 560 HP. Sorry, no way not with out a turbo or super charger and with out the full nitro for fuel.

jrspawn
04-20-2006, 07:50 PM
And thats were you obviously know not much about engines and horsepower. First off which 3.6l v8 engine are you even talking about? Second compare it to a small block ford, personally i know they are capable of producing over 1300HP and hold together. How many people with there mid 50hp engines have even ventured into lightening the rotating assembly? Anyone here internally ballancing the engine?
drilling the crank and refulling it? Lightwieght rod? Coated pistons, coated valves? dome CC work w/custom flycutting? Im just letting you know that there is ALOT more work into alot of these Pro class engine's, its the same with your auto industry. With suzuki using fuel injection and the opertunity to change fuel curves, injector pulse rates, and flow rates opens another door. With more R&D and technology, will come more HP, its a proven fact!

Justin

4punksdad
04-21-2006, 03:09 AM
who cares..............somebody post more pics of a quadracer & get this thread back on track. This is the best I can do.........the grand daddy of all sport quads.

JIMTED79
04-21-2006, 10:41 AM
Originally posted by jrspawn
And thats were you obviously know not much about engines and horsepower. First off which 3.6l v8 engine are you even talking about? Second compare it to a small block ford, personally i know they are capable of producing over 1300HP and hold together. How many people with there mid 50hp engines have even ventured into lightening the rotating assembly? Anyone here internally ballancing the engine?
drilling the crank and refulling it? Lightwieght rod? Coated pistons, coated valves? dome CC work w/custom flycutting? Im just letting you know that there is ALOT more work into alot of these Pro class engine's, its the same with your auto industry. With suzuki using fuel injection and the opertunity to change fuel curves, injector pulse rates, and flow rates opens another door. With more R&D and technology, will come more HP, its a proven fact!

Justin

I now feel dumber for having just read that. Understand this if you can, All horsepower our engines are ever going to make are stored in the fuel. Its that simple, the specific energy content of the air/fuel mixture is the key. The more fuel energy your engine can EFFICIENTLY burn, the more power it will produce. Every mod you do to a motor that is going to make the most power is conected to getting more air and fuel into the motor, like exhaust, intake, cam, porting etc... not a light weight rods and a better ballenced cranks. So 70 HP on bike with a gross volume of 450cc I dont think so, not without a super volatile fuel or forced injection like a turbo.

jrspawn
04-21-2006, 11:50 AM
Sorry bout that....... Anyways, hers a pic of jones at Budd's jumping big gulp on the Quadracer.

quads14589
04-21-2006, 12:17 PM
nice 450