PDA

View Full Version : wow... 1986 yz80

Chicksdigme423
04-18-2006, 02:50 PM
haha i just n-rigged mine up to go... clutch shaft bearing went... as in like a million pieces... so there was a lot of movement in the shaft and it wouldnt go in any gear but 1st and neutral, i guess because the shaft was moving so much it wouldnt line up... anyways it went 2 years ago, and i finally got bored because i need an axle for the 300 and i wanted to ride, so i took a nut... drilled it out to fit the worn out shaft... and ground the points off the nut until it fit in the case where the bearing is supposed to go... as i proceded to put the case back together... i didnt wanna spend any money on a bike that christopher columbus rode over on the may flower so i didnt put a gasket set in, no silicone cause i didn think it was worth the 1/8 of a tube it may of taken... anyways, the head gasket was fine since i just put it in before all this happened way back, so it's running with no gaskets except the head*... all water instead of antifreeze... a solid "bushing" where a roller bearing is supposed to be... a fork broken off hte clutch basket and a stud missing out of the inner clutch... it's bad and i probly shouldnt even be riding it, but it rides and goes through all 6 gears powerband and all:scary:

if you would like me to do motor work on your quads or bikes pm me;) lol

i only did this because it's a piece anyways... i woudlnt do this to anything else but this bike and i really want to ride, it wasnt gonna do anything else ever again

sorry for the long post... let me know what you think :chinese:

btw it has about 3 hours of hard riding on the motor this way... i CANT believe it's holding up... or even started in the first place...

insaneracin2003
04-18-2006, 03:32 PM
personally,i would have spent a couple bucks and got it rite then sold it to get your axle,be careful not to jump anything big,i can see a thread in the future that you were on the gas,on the face of a jump and it locked up.........

Chicksdigme423
04-18-2006, 04:46 PM
lol no i'm not gonna jump it... but i wouldnt dump this peiece on anyone else...

Chicksdigme423
04-18-2006, 04:52 PM
it took about 5 hours all together to foul a plug... still runs though :macho i have another 2 spares... so i guess i'll keep riding it

has anyone else done anything half as bad to something old like this just to get their fix of riding??