PDA

View Full Version : My new job.

Scott-300ex
04-18-2006, 01:28 PM
Ok so I've been on here since like 2001, just to afraid to sign up untill 2003. So I started workin on this stuff when I was 10, started on a Sachs moped. Haha. I always thought I would be a car technician. Then it hit me how I was so stupid. So I relized I should apply at quad shops.

So I did in September of 2005. Well I keep showin my face in at this one spot I really liked, my dad started takin me there when I was little for parts for his quad. So after I fill out the application and keep goin in there the owner or wutever starts talkin to me and I had like 3 interviews there. LoL. One in September, then the othere 2 like within the last month and a half.

So Now I am hired at a Quad Shop to be a Mechanic!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I start tomorrow. I'm pretty excited.

I was in the guys office that hired me and saw ATVRIDERS.COM pages printed off the internet on his builliten bored. So we talked about that for like 10 minutes about exriders.

This is a Yamaha shop, but if I remember right I've seen everything in the service part of it.

Theres a Steak 'n Shake, well actually like 50 of them around it so that'll be a good place to go for lunch if we get to leave.

Well I may not get 1 reply off this but just lettin you guys know cuz this is good for me. And I KNOW, you all care about me. LoL

Later

PismoLocal
04-18-2006, 01:49 PM
Sweet job man sounds like its going to be fun, If i was you i would still look into being an automotive technician though you should use this job as a stepping stone to get there.

400exrules
04-18-2006, 01:54 PM
sounds cool man, wish i could get a cool job like that but the closest shop is like 30 mins. away.
Are they training you to be a mechanic or what??? i doubt they would just hire you on the spot to be a full mechanic being so young......but im not saying you dont know what your doing

underpowered
04-18-2006, 02:01 PM
good for you.:macho great way to learn, but also working with the people sucks. they want everything done for nothing. also, do things the right way, your not working on your own stuff. if you get the chance, go to the yamah training school. it is great and that little paper saying your yamaha certified means alot to some people and will help you get a job later if you need to. i work at a small, non-dealership shop here in KY. I work the parts counter as well as work as a mechanic. I love it, but poeple dont seem to understand that right now it is the busy season and we are backed up. everyone wants to be at teh front of teh list and want it done cheap. I love it, but people get on my nerves. Good luck to you and hope you like it.

Hondadudeehhhh
04-18-2006, 02:15 PM
i just got a job at a hardware store. It pays real crappy but it's a job. congrats to your new job too

Scott-300ex
04-18-2006, 02:28 PM
Thanks for all the reply's guys.

And good luck on your job Hondadudeehhhh.

antman
04-18-2006, 02:36 PM
congrats on the new job... i just got a new job aswell. its allways great to move on up to biger and better.

CTmxyfz
04-18-2006, 02:38 PM
Originally posted by Scott-300ex
Ok so I've been on here since like 2001, just to afraid to sign up untill 2003. So I started workin on this stuff when I was 10, started on a Sachs moped. Haha. I always thought I would be a car technician. Then it hit me how I was so stupid. So I relized I should apply at quad shops.

So I did in September of 2005. Well I keep showin my face in at this one spot I really liked, my dad started takin me there when I was little for parts for his quad. So after I fill out the application and keep goin in there the owner or wutever starts talkin to me and I had like 3 interviews there. LoL. One in September, then the othere 2 like within the last month and a half.

So Now I am hired at a Quad Shop to be a Mechanic!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I start tomorrow. I'm pretty excited.

I was in the guys office that hired me and saw ATVRIDERS.COM pages printed off the internet on his builliten bored. So we talked about that for like 10 minutes about exriders.

This is a Yamaha shop, but if I remember right I've seen everything in the service part of it.

Theres a Steak 'n Shake, well actually like 50 of them around it so that'll be a good place to go for lunch if we get to leave.

Well I may not get 1 reply off this but just lettin you guys know cuz this is good for me. And I KNOW, you all care about me. LoL

Later

people like you are lucky... im 17 and can't get a nice job(age chit around here)

im actually going to college to be a motor cycle mechanic.

Motor Cycle Mechanics Institute.:cool:

EvilEwok
04-18-2006, 02:51 PM
Yea good job, I was thinking about doing the same thing that you had done this summer around here. There are a few nice places that I wouldn't mind working in, just have to get in there soon and hope for the best.

04-18-2006, 03:02 PM
everytime a peek in my honda shop they are working on beaters. that would suck. Have fun man