PDA

View Full Version : 250ex rev box?

redexrider4290
04-18-2006, 01:27 PM
i have a 03 250ex with a HMF full system airbox lid removed and rejeted and a couple other little mods like handle bars and stuff

i was wandering when i put the pipe on i really noticed how much faster the engine reved and how much more power it had up high in the rpm's

and i was reading in dirt wheels about how they added a pipe and filter and stuff to a rhino and then added a new rev limiter and they said they gained like 8mph top end or something like that

so i know you can;t change the gearing on a 250ex so i was wandering if i got a new rev-box if it would help anything i'm not that conserned about top speed but if it would give me a couple miles and hour faster i would like it cuz my brother has a 400ex and we are pretty competative

well do you guys think it would be worth getting one with my mods will it help any

thanks

jeremy_283
04-18-2006, 03:09 PM
i personally think that the reason for a rev box is that it allows for when you shift to keep your bike in the mid to higher rpms

redexrider4290
04-19-2006, 12:16 PM
so would that help me out with power and speed

and wat bad things could come from them

jeremy_283
04-19-2006, 03:51 PM
it would prolly help u keep ur rpm's more in the power range when u shift........ i dont like the idea of using them to get more top speed though............ just dont hold it pinned at the rev limiter and u will be fine