PDA

View Full Version : running problem

underpowered
04-18-2006, 12:37 PM
about a week ago, i posted about a problem i had with my quad. well it is better, but not gone.

I ride it, runs great for the most part. it will randomly just cut out. It has a new CDI, new Cam chain, has been re-jetted for the warmer temps, and valves adjusted in the past week. It has spark knock like no other when i first start it up, but after it runs for a few minutes, it is fine. It also has lost some low-end power. I can ride it all day long, but in upper RPM's it will cut out ans kind of spit and sputter, but only randomly. it one time it will rev all teh way out, the next it is like it doesnt want to run. whn i try to hit a jump, it coughs up the face in a higher gear, but runs great in a a lower gear. has me stumped. i am going to clean the carb and see what that does, but it has fresh gas and new jets so :confused: . any help would be appreciated.

underpowered
04-18-2006, 05:20 PM
no idea? i guess i will jsut clean the carb and see what happens from there.

DieselBoy
04-18-2006, 05:59 PM
Make sure the float is working, sounds like symptoms of a coil failing, on a gasoline V8/Briggs, but these engines have a more complex firing system... I don't know what else to recommend, also, try a new plug, make sure the plug boot is good and snug, and all connections are free of crap and tight.

Hope this helps.