PDA

View Full Version : Coil/CDI Issues

DieselBoy
04-18-2006, 09:32 AM
okay i'm getting really f..... mad at this hunk of trash bike 400ex, im trying to sell it and i need it to run. the bike ran great after the rebuild but now all it does is when you prime the throttle multiple times, you turn it over and it will kick once or twice, wanting to run, then nothing. repeat the process, it will do it again. i do a spark test on a brand new plug and you can't see crap. i fiddle with the killswitch as it's turning over and it's not doing ****, is my coil cooked? some people figure the CDI's taken a dump, how do you test the CDI? im hoping it's the coil so i can pack this up and move on.

it's just acting like the spark is weak but just enough to ignite some fuel. the plug smelt like fuel big time.

its been riden a few times, but it's mostly sat.

04-18-2006, 10:44 AM
Originally posted by DieselBoy
okay i'm getting really f..... mad at this hunk of trash bike 400ex, go get ur raptor 700 that you keep crying about :rolleyes:

DieselBoy
04-18-2006, 11:45 AM
STFU. What the f..... is it gonna take to make you learn?

underpowered
04-18-2006, 11:50 AM
only real way to test the CDI is to try another one. the coil is easy. check to see if you have juice going to it and coming out of it.

04-18-2006, 03:00 PM
Originally posted by DieselBoy
STFU. What the f..... is it gonna take to make you learn? u havent backed up ANYTHING youve ever said to me. have you rode a 700 or what? you sure do talk like you know what you're talking about telling me to STFU and calling me a homo in every post i make. back something up buddy

Honda TRX250ex
04-18-2006, 04:52 PM
children! calm you little @sses down if you going to fight take it on a track. :rolleyes:

Test the coil to see if your getting any juice just like underpowered said.

DieselBoy
04-18-2006, 05:21 PM
Borrowed another Coil, it has good spark, but it's doing the same thing, it's so close to starting yet not. The funny part is when I parked it, it ran excellent. Is there any way the decompressor is messed up? I'm stumped. I'm going to call a buddy and see what he says, he's supposedly the best of the best with these machines, so I'll give him a ring and see what he says, meanwhile, I can use all the brain power I can get.

DieselBoy
04-18-2006, 05:31 PM
Originally posted by MixMasterMike
u havent backed up ANYTHING youve ever said to me. have you rode a 700 or what? you sure do talk like you know what you're talking about telling me to STFU and calling me a homo in every post i make. back something up buddy

I claimed nothing with the 700R. Re-read the thread. You made stupid comments bashing the 700R and I'm willing to bet you've never even sat on one. Everytime you post, your bashing something or someone, it's REALLY OLD.

Originally posted by MixMasterMike
hmmm heavy powerful turd or a REAL sport quad? NO CRYING B1TCHES U KNOW WHO U ARE! :p :p :p

GROW UP!!!!!!