PDA

View Full Version : 04' 450R has a bobble??

dirtmomma
04-18-2006, 08:08 AM
OK well our 450R seems to have a "bobble" when going over a rise?? We took it to a MX track this past weekend & a friend of ours was on it & it did it going over a jump :eek: he brought it back & said he'd throw it away LOL
Says it doesn't feel like the carb????? Maybe electrical???? Has anyone had this problem?? We bought it used from a dealer & do have a 30 day warranty they are calling me back today to see if they will look @ it but I AM NOT paying a dealer to fix it!!

Please help if you can :)

04-18-2006, 08:17 AM
sounds like the plastic is falling apart in the gas tank and clogging the carb. this is a known problem

dirtmomma
04-18-2006, 08:24 AM
Originally posted by MixMasterMike
sounds like the plastic is falling apart in the gas tank and clogging the carb. this is a known problem

:huh :huh Huh??? LOL sorry but WHAT plastic in the tank is there a fix for this?? Dang this just sounds silly :p
At 1st a buddy of ours said something about the carb but once he rode it he said it didn't feel like that????

wckedclownz69
04-18-2006, 08:27 AM
hmm explain the bobble a little better???

ajr400ex
04-18-2006, 10:04 AM
I would start with the carb. I have had mine apart several times (way more than other quads I have owned) cleaning dirt and such out of the carb. I think the carb vents and throttle cover let dirt in a little easier than other quads. I had my accelerator pump so full of mud I am surprised it even ran.

04-18-2006, 10:40 AM
thegas tank chips from the inside somehow and thos elittle plastic pieces clog the carb. up..idk if this is your problem or not but i'd check it if you cant figure it out. IDK how to fix it except get another gas tank and hope it dont happen with that one or just keep cleaning your carb out. I think it blocks a filter or something in most cases

wckedclownz69
04-18-2006, 03:30 PM
wht happend on mine was the jet fell out wasnt in tight enough

dirtmomma
04-18-2006, 04:37 PM
Ok well our dealership is going to take a look @ it for us :D:D We don't even feel like messing w/ it not until we decide to mod it out!!

DieselBoy
04-18-2006, 07:13 PM
that wouldn't be good when your tryn' to hit a double.