PDA

View Full Version : Pep Shock and A Arm question

mdidonne
04-18-2006, 07:29 AM
Would it do any harm if I ran my Peps on my stock a arms for a little bit while waiting on my Houser +2 A Arms. They say the mounts are exactly the same as stock arms.

bradley300
04-18-2006, 08:00 AM
shouldnt hurt, they will just be real soft

Racing Rice
04-18-2006, 10:42 AM
Originally posted by bradley300
shouldnt hurt, they will just be real soft

If he ran valved +2 shocks on stock arms it would probably be a little more stiff.:huh :D

You should be fine as long as they are standard travel.

mdidonne
04-18-2006, 11:36 AM
yes they are standard travel. Thankx Guys.

mdidonne
04-18-2006, 11:38 AM
Originally posted by Racing Rice
If he ran valved +2 shocks on stock arms it would probably be a little more stiff.:huh :D

You should be fine as long as they are standard travel.

Racing Rice how are you in the woods now with having 4inches wider on the front wheel base. Is it making it more difficult to manuver in the woods on tight trails. That is my worry a little bit going with + 2 arms.

Racing Rice
04-18-2006, 12:13 PM
The only trails I've been on since I installed the arms have been fairly wide, so they weren't a problem. However, I think I may have some problems on some of the other trails I've ridden on in the past that were tight with the stock arms.

My suggestion is if you don't know the track/trail use caution until you learn which lines are safe and which aren't. You should be fine unless you get into some very tight, technical stuff.

tater_kamik
04-18-2006, 10:24 PM
i will agree with that, i definately have to watch myself. i dont do a bunch of trail riding anymore but i will say this, dont run small tires! i have no ground clearance on 19fronts 18rears...