PDA

View Full Version : blaster crank

cdaleman440
04-17-2006, 10:14 PM
ok well my buddy has a blaster with a bad crank bering ok now im ok with motors and its only a blaster im saying this because i have a cannondale and yall know all about that
but my question is what kind of project am i lookin at

wdodge
04-23-2006, 07:37 AM
Not bad, just need to be attentive, have a clean place to work, take your time, and have the right tools. Get a good service manual and plan on getting some help from local shop to remove/install bearings. Bearing switch usually requires heating of the cases. This is not necessarly a cheap endeavor if you want to do it right - typically about $100 less than you could buy used engine and someone else's problems. You should take this opportunty to inspect/clean all parts while you have the lower end apart. Read through manual before starting - in addition to gaskets and seals, there are a number of small parts that should be replaced upon re-assembly - make list and order everything you know you need - or, jump-in and add to list as you go. For cylinder work, go to local shop or search ebay for package deal where you send them cylinder and 10 days or so later, they send you prepped cylinder with fitted piston/rings, bearing, and gaskets. Good luck.