PDA

View Full Version : Walsh A-Arms for XC, Desert, or GNCC style racing

quallerd
04-17-2006, 10:09 PM
Does Walsh Race Craft make A-arms for a 2004 450r designed for cross country or desert racing. I saw on their website that they have their A34 A-arms for a 2004-5 or their A25 for a 2006, but the only size you can get them is (apparently) +3" over stock width. I also noticed that they have some A-arms desinged for TT racing that are +1.5" wider over stock; that is better!

Has anybody used these TT A-arms for XC/Desert/GNCC style racing?

I also still do ride competitively on the MC track but have been doing most of my riding as mentioned above.

How would these A-arms compare to ARS-FX Pro Max XC Front End?

bigz-71
04-18-2006, 10:51 AM
I would also like to know if anyone has ran the Walsh MX a-arms, what do you think about them? Does the hiem joints help out a lot? Can i get just as good a-arm from lonestar or Hoosier for half the cost?

laeger2fiddyr
04-18-2006, 11:12 AM
i like mine on my 06 trx, i used to have laeger t-pins on my hybrids, they are about the closest things to t-pins, imo.

bigz-71
04-18-2006, 11:23 AM
I like the t-pins but i do not own a bank. they are expensive but they are good stuff. Thanks for the reply.

xsr_racing28c
04-18-2006, 11:52 AM
Originally posted by bigz-71
I would also like to know if anyone has ran the Walsh MX a-arms, what do you think about them? Does the hiem joints help out a lot? Can i get just as good a-arm from lonestar or Hoosier for half the cost?

I think your referring to Houser no Hoosier..

In my mind i believe that any of the above arms are just as good as eachother... Lonestar, Houser, and Walsh all seem to have great quality and are among the top builders for arms in racing today... I'm sure whatever you guys go with you will be happy..

Thump_It
04-18-2006, 03:45 PM
Originally posted by xsr_racing28c
I think your referring to Houser no Hoosier..

In my mind i believe that any of the above arms are just as good as eachother... Lonestar, Houser, and Walsh all seem to have great quality and are among the top builders for arms in racing today... I'm sure whatever you guys go with you will be happy..

Walsh has a computer program that allows them to design a set of a-arms to eliminate bump steer. There are only a few other companies out there that have this same program, Holz being one of them. Lonestar might also have this program as well, but I'm having a brainfart at the moment and can't remember for sure. I would not however classify Houser in the same class as Walsh, or even Lonestar. Walsh is at the top of the game, but they are quite spendy. Lonestar has a great a-arm set-up too. Houser a-arms are good but have a weird design that doesn't function quite as well (LONG explanation) as the other two mentioned.

quallerd
04-18-2006, 07:41 PM
What do you think about ARS-FX?

Are they just as good as Walsh? They sure are pretty dang expensive, that is for sure! That is probably what I will wind up going with, unless Walsh made a +1 for XC.

Also, is LSR the only ones that make a +forward a-arm for XC/Desert/GNCC?