PDA

View Full Version : yfz or r

honda965
04-17-2006, 08:10 PM
i really like the 450r but than ppl are tellin me the yfz is alot better. what do you's think?

zeppelin
04-18-2006, 08:01 AM
yfz=1000000.234561325*35 + 2 times better imo

i like the way it revs and how the power comes on through out the power band. the honda just doesnt give off the same feel. as an added bonus the yamaha also looks better lol.

dirtmomma
04-18-2006, 08:15 AM
I'm going to go w/ the YFZ also :D:D
We have one of each, they are both 2004's, the Honda motor wise is STOCK /w stock exhaust, the YFZ has full exhaust w/ the timing mod & thats it, I rode both the weekend on a mx track the Yammi was WAYYYYYY better I thought!! I wouldn't race that R if I had too LOL, screw that kicker ;):) I can stand on it & it won't go down :o so it's very hard for me to start!!
I'll stick w/ the YFZ it hauls the mail :D:D:D:devil: :devil: :devil:

bwilson624
04-22-2006, 01:42 AM
We have one of each, they are both 2004's, the Honda motor wise is STOCK /w stock exhaust, the YFZ has full exhaust w/ the timing mod & thats it, I rode both the weekend on a mx track the Yammi was WAYYYYYY better I thought!! I wouldn't race that R if I had too LOL, screw that kicker I can stand on it & it won't go down so it's very hard for me to start!!

I suppose the YFZ did outrun the TRX if the Honda is bone stock and the YFZ has full exhaust and a timing mod! IMO the Honda has it on top end only. The YFZ handles a lot more precise, NOT better just more precise. The YFZ has more bottom end. I own a 2006 Honda and am not biased as much as I would like to be. All in all, both great quads. No one would be disappointed with a purchase for either.

04-30-2006, 12:25 PM
hondas last longer :rolleyes:

take my 89 for example

YFZ450Ridr
04-30-2006, 12:42 PM
Originally posted by 89honda 250x
hondas last longer :rolleyes:

take my 89 for example

my dad used to have an 87 Yamaha warrior with a bunch of motor work done to it that would blow the wheels off your 250x. if you maintain anything properly it will last a lifetime.

ive been pondering for sometime wether or not to sell my 400 and get a 450 and i am torn between the two. i have 0 seat time on a yfz but a few hours on a piped 450r and it feels pretty good. i think if it came down to it id have to do a lot of homework with specs and reviews on everything before i could make a good choice. either way you cant lose.

04-30-2006, 02:05 PM
Originally posted by LTZ400ridr
my dad used to have an 87 Yamaha warrior with a bunch of motor work done to it that would blow the wheels off your 250x. if you maintain anything properly it will last a lifetime.

ive been pondering for sometime wether or not to sell my 400 and get a 450 and i am torn between the two. i have 0 seat time on a yfz but a few hours on a piped 450r and it feels pretty good. i think if it came down to it id have to do a lot of homework with specs and reviews on everything before i could make a good choice. either way you cant lose.

um yea 350, "bunch of motor work"

my 250x stock motor

yea there is a big difference

YFZ450Ridr
04-30-2006, 04:57 PM
Originally posted by 89honda 250x
um yea 350, "bunch of motor work"

my 250x stock motor

yea there is a big difference

doesnt matter what is faster, im proving to you that an 87 yamaha with internal motor mods will last just as good as anything.:rolleyes:

bwilson624
04-30-2006, 07:08 PM
I have owned three hondas, one yamaha and one suzuki over the years and in my honest opinion, the honda will outlast them all provided you do all the maintenance on time.

dirtmomma
04-30-2006, 07:52 PM
Originally posted by bwilson624
I suppose the YFZ did outrun the TRX if the Honda is bone stock and the YFZ has full exhaust and a timing mod! IMO the Honda has it on top end only. The YFZ handles a lot more precise, NOT better just more precise. The YFZ has more bottom end. I own a 2006 Honda and am not biased as much as I would like to be. All in all, both great quads. No one would be disappointed with a purchase for either.

I did not say that the YFZ outran the R, we have not raced them against each other I just mean that as far as bottom end grunt between the 2 but yes I suppose it isn't fair to compare them :o since one is stock!!

04-30-2006, 09:40 PM
Originally posted by LTZ400ridr
doesnt matter what is faster, im proving to you that an 87 yamaha with internal motor mods will last just as good as anything.:rolleyes:

yea motor mods , if it was stock it would be crap :D