PDA

View Full Version : What do you guys call these little . . .

Jay300ex
08-01-2002, 08:50 PM
I call them Neddles. Usually found all pretty forested trails, green plants with little hairs, if you touch then they'll hurt and ich like a mofo!!! well I took a turn a little to wide today, and I wear short sleeves usually for riding,, got my whole arm swollen from these stupid things!! god it hurt.

Just thought I'd share something that annoys me ;)

Jay

SGA
08-02-2002, 11:30 PM
We used to take stinging nettles, pull them up carefully and chase each other around with them. Man they hurt!

big-guy
08-03-2002, 07:53 AM
there's a natural remedy for sting nettles, and it's probably growing nearby. Find a fern, not the ones that all grow from a central spot, but the ones that have their own stalk, break the stem and rub the juice on the trouble spot. Ahh, relief.

Kinda looks like this:

08-03-2002, 12:15 PM
i dont think we have too many of those around here all we have thorns that get you bleeding everywhere

Jay300ex
08-03-2002, 08:37 PM
Originally posted by EXracer8601
i dont think we have too many of those around here all we have thorns that get you bleeding everywhere

Yea we have thorns here to. Yestarday I was out riding with some friends and we were stuck taking runs at ramming down shrubs that were 3 feet tall and in our way, lol couldnt do it without the 4x4 though.

The thorns I hate are those ones that just appear one day and werent there the last. grr.

Jay

250rmike
08-06-2002, 09:16 AM
god u guys are lucky where i used to ride we had all of them u would go around a turn into a thorn bush then go down the trail some more and run into a holy tree or something else. it sucks real bad