PDA

View Full Version : Electrical Wiring

kdub33
04-17-2006, 04:14 PM
Does anybody know to wire a 3'' neon to a switch? I recently bought 1 and don't really want the big bulky plug in showing to my cig lighter, plus i use it for cell phone charge and i dont really want all the wires showing. if you could messege me how to, that would be cool.

Scro
04-17-2006, 05:49 PM
There should be two wires, when you cut the plug off. One hot, one ground. You will need to ground it to bare metal somewhere on the vehicle. This means grinding any paint that may be there.

For the hot, you will need to find a wire that's hot under your dash. However, if you want to have the light on when the switch is off, you will need to find a constant 12v source.

Run the hot wire off the light to the switch and the hot wire from the vehicle to the switch as well.

It's pretty simple. The hardest part is finding a constant 12v source.

pastfast125
04-17-2006, 06:25 PM
welll...you could probably rig it so that with youir stock stereo wiring harness, there should be a wire that is for the display lights on teh stereo, so that whenever the stereo is turned on, the display lights up. you could hook it up like that without a switch so that whenever your stereo is on, the light is on, not sure if thats what ur looking for though. You could probably also use the wire that goes to the light in your glovebox ( if you have one) ...there are quite a few tihngs you could run it from.