PDA

View Full Version : Do Not Post Actual Spots Ny/nj

Mike Steel
04-17-2006, 04:04 PM
DO NOT POST ACTUAL SPOTS ANYMORE !!!!!!!!! DO not make any posting of spots where you ride if you live in NY or NJ .... To make that CLEAR IF YOU LIVE IN NEW JERSEY OR BROOKLYN OR ANYWHERE IN NY OR NYC STOP POSTING THE DIRECTIONS AND WHAT DAYS PEOPLE RIDE. There is nothing wrong with sharing spots but the PIGGILY WINKS and PARKS JERKOFFS are in full effect and are KILLING all of our riding spots because they have all the info in front of thier face! This is the second weekend that one of our great spots got closed ! There are 200 places to ride your QUAD or DIRTBIKE in NYC yes in NY CITY in the 5 boroughs all the spots as you know are 50/50% when you get caught so dont get caught. BUT PLEASE IF YOU ARE GOING TO SHARE SPOTS MAKE SURE YOU KNOW WHO THE HELL YOU ARE SENDING THE INFO TO AND DONT JUST POST SPOTS AND DIRECTIONS MAKE SURE IT GOES THROUGH A PM OR BETTER YET YOUR ACTUAL EMAIL. Please understand that WE HAVE TO KEEP WHAT WE HAVE BEFORE THEY TAKE IT ALL.

Coolidge
04-17-2006, 08:08 PM
Im not trying to sound like a smart-***, but do you really have riding spots in NYC/Brooklyn? If so, I think thats pretty cool. Sounds kinda like the way we regulate waves at certain local surf spots in So Cal

C.Processing
04-17-2006, 09:02 PM
There is very good riding in NYC still and without cops.

94F450SD
04-17-2006, 09:12 PM
down here its the same way in MA. and RI.we have a website set up just for discussing riding areas.we do our best to check every member out before we let them into the sensitive forums.the police and environmental police read these types of forums just so they can show up and bust you for riding.

04-17-2006, 09:41 PM
what happens when you get caught but you didnt run from them?

94F450SD
04-18-2006, 06:15 AM
dont know about NY/NJ but here we get a minimum 250.00 fine for riding,they will tow your machine wich will cost 90.00 for the tow and 30.00 a day for storage till you go get it.100.00 if they cant see your plate,wich i have mine hidden so if i do decide to run they cant get my plate number.here we are considered criminals for riding an ATV

ny300exrider
04-18-2006, 08:35 AM
i agree, if you have spots do NOT give away info on it. i have great riding by me on l.i. that not many people know about, and if more people found out about it, i guarentee it would be patrolled even more by park police etc. i will not even state what town i ride in anymore. i had a great pit i road at for a year, not one problem at all, cops even ok'ed me to ride there a few times if i kept to myself. bunch of people from out west and nassua found out about it, drag raced and wheelied up and down residential streets, cops came, owner blocked off the pit, now when you go you have to look behind your back every 10 seconds.

CD400EX
04-18-2006, 06:17 PM
Yes I agree, posting spots is probably the stupidest thing ever. I was riding what I thought was an unknown spot outside of NYC and ran across two guys riding. I started BS'ing with them and they found the spot on an internet forum. More BS'ing and they said admited they were cops :rolleyes:

I used to moderate a small local 4x4 forum . We all pretty much knew each other and one day a stranger started asking where we ride and wanted to meet up. Whenever someone we didnt know or recognize showed up, I ran the IP. Most of the time it was legitimate, but more than once they would originate at a police dept
:rolleyes:

94F450SD
04-18-2006, 07:57 PM
Originally posted by CD400EX
Whenever someone we didnt know or recognize showed up, I ran the IP. Most of the time it was legitimate, but more than once they would originate at a police dept
:rolleyes:

how do you know if it came from the PD or not?this sounds like something we need to do on the website we have to discuss riding spots.i moderate one of the forums and do my best to keep cops out of it but could always use more info

Delta12
04-19-2006, 03:05 PM
screw riding on Long Island i had a quad nfor 3 weeks and got impounded in manorville

Mike Steel
04-19-2006, 03:17 PM
Delta I feel for you. The Long Island laws for ATV's are the worst and have been they take your ride and I heard the first fine is $1000 and the second is like $2000 wtf? I guess if we all stop riding and they cant give tickets they wont have a budget for the aholes there right? Or never get caught?THINGS THAT MAKE YOU GO HMMMMM?

04-19-2006, 04:23 PM
I feel for you guys.Riding is what keeps most of us sane and they treat you like criminals.In CA there are alot of places to ride that they dont harass you but someone stupid always messes it up.Alot of places around here are more patrolled due to people acting stupid.

ny300exrider
04-19-2006, 04:42 PM
Originally posted by Delta12
screw riding on Long Island i had a quad nfor 3 weeks and got impounded in manorville sucks man, ive been riding on the island for 3 years and never been impounded. stopped for local police twice and d.e.c. once only because i had permission to ride at the place i was, any other time you just have to act like you didnt even see the cop. delta-what happened with you?what type of police?

CD400EX
04-19-2006, 08:36 PM
Originally posted by 94F450SD
how do you know if it came from the PD or not?this sounds like something we need to do on the website we have to discuss riding spots.i moderate one of the forums and do my best to keep cops out of it but could always use more info

Thier network name showed up after the IP. Most BB software enables Admins to see this info to prevent spamming or aliases

Mike Steel
04-19-2006, 09:02 PM
Nice work is all I gotta say!

exrider44
04-21-2006, 12:48 PM
Seriously the cops need to be out busting criminals this is bs. We pay tax dollars for these guys to bust us on atvs. WTF is this world coming to. Im sure there are better things for the police to be doing then wasting time on us.

Delta12
04-21-2006, 01:56 PM
DEC and Suffolk county police got me, about 1200.00 total. They said this summer is going to be tuff for atv's, people compalin alot near me

CD400EX
04-21-2006, 06:31 PM
I find the problem is when people who arent really there to ride, just party and do whatever they want. These are the people that make a mess and cause a nuisance to the neighbors.

humblesquirel21
04-21-2006, 08:06 PM
I almost got hauled in for the same crap I ride in a small town and down one road we have 5 tracks hidden back on peopels properties that cant be seen from the road so they are lagit the problem is most of us ride to the tracks on the road (they are all dirt in the imeedit area) and everyone i knwo i has gotten stoped or talked to by our cops and they have actualy been pretty cool about it till one of my idiot aquentences was drag racing another friend of mine and slmaed into the back of a car long story short he tail gated the car as it went to turn right bad rider (on a dirt bike) grabed his front brake and locked it the bike catapulted him right into the back window of the car. that almsot cost my friend his lisence and the aquentiece totaled his bike and almost died so after all this crap hte cops patrol like crazy and if they catch anyone they get a no quesions asked impound and trip to jail its gotten really bad around here a year latter its starting to lightening up but the cops know my bike becaue my nieghbors have called the cops so many times on me to get me picked up enve though i myself never ride on the roads i loud her up and drive over to the tracks and stay on my farm we are obviously zoned rual so i cant gt a noise violation unless im over an unbelible db rating or riding after liek 10 something at night

its rediculus i was ridending in my field near the frotn of my property by the raod and this cop stops backs up watches me and then pulls in my drive way. he procceds to signal me to come up to him nad he flashed his lights so i did as he asked then he starts grilling me fotrunetly i had proof i wsa home not out on the roads but im pretty sure he broke the law coming on my property and harrassing me what are you goan do though they are the law

pit/wood
04-22-2006, 06:21 AM
Wow,a class on how to break the law and show everyone that some quad riders have no respect so deserve none.
As a land owner I know how it feels when someone has tresspessed on your property. If one of you people had your neighbor ride thier car through your yard and make a trail,but you never saw him and couldnt catch him,does that make it right for him to keep doin it?
I think that if you want to ride you should ask permission first,by putting this info out there you are training young kids in this forum how to break the law and acting like its ok if you dont get caught.

Property is property. I am no angel,but I do know that what goes around comes around. riding areas are closed every day due to a lack of respect for others rights.

This subject is one of the reasons that I opened my place to riders.
I recieved more than a few tickets when I was younger for riding on the roads and tresspassing with my dirtbike,kinda screwed up my life a bit. If I had looked for a place to ride with permission it would have been different.

humblesquirel21
04-22-2006, 07:59 AM
pit/wood has a really good point

When i lived in arizona trhere was alot of governemt owned land and it was jsut wide open desert and it was setup so that people were alowd to ride horses quads bikes what ever they wanted so everyone had a blast out there till a larg portion of it got bought by a real estate company bought it and alot of us who road on it didnt know at first then the fenced it off and started to move the dirt around to build. I quit riding there once the fence went up kinda thinking hey fence its propubly been bought up and what not. I try to stay with in the laws of my area and observe the wishes of those who suround me other than my one neigbors no one esle has a problem with me riden most of the will sit and watch from time to time

In georgia we were alowed to ride on the dirt roads areound there because everybody new everybody and it was mostly jsut farm fields on either side but when i moved up here to michigan you cant do that i didnt know at first so as soon as i got my quad here i took it for a spin and sure enough a cop pulled me over and talked to me he was really cool about it all he jsut basicly listened to me and told me nto to do it again and i woulnd t have a problem

2 years later one of my neigbors started having a problem with me (we actualy went to all the other niegbors to see if we were bothering them and afew answered you havea quad or no we liek to watch or no its not a problem at all one guy even offered to let me ride his land) because they for what eer reason liek to create trouble and they feel threatened because we own the 40 acres besid and behind their property other than that i have never had any run ins with the law

I guess the point of this was more to say laws are different all over and you should check city/town/state ordineces and laws before you go out doing stuff that you think you are allowed to do because you could at your old riding area

exrider44
04-27-2006, 08:59 PM
Doesnt matter where you are in New Jersey. They will fine you take your bike etc. This state just is against atving its pathetic.

jason43050
04-28-2006, 06:06 AM
Originally posted by pit/wood
Wow,a class on how to break the law and show everyone that some quad riders have no respect so deserve none.
As a land owner I know how it feels when someone has tresspessed on your property. If one of you people had your neighbor ride thier car through your yard and make a trail,but you never saw him and couldnt catch him,does that make it right for him to keep doin it?
I think that if you want to ride you should ask permission first,by putting this info out there you are training young kids in this forum how to break the law and acting like its ok if you dont get caught.

Property is property. I am no angel,but I do know that what goes around comes around. riding areas are closed every day due to a lack of respect for others rights.

This subject is one of the reasons that I opened my place to riders.
I recieved more than a few tickets when I was younger for riding on the roads and tresspassing with my dirtbike,kinda screwed up my life a bit. If I had looked for a place to ride with permission it would have been different. i agree. laws are laws. get permission. or go to atv parks. you can't just go on some property and ride. somebody paid for that property. just cause atv's have ridden there b4 doesn't mean it's ok.

MR.BIG
04-28-2006, 08:17 AM
I have my quad registered and insured so if I do get caught riding some where illegaly supposedly they can't impound it but they can fine you for tresspassing.

jordan_m6
04-29-2006, 03:00 PM
are you talking bout riding on your own land or riding on other peoples land. cause if they said it was illegal to ride on land i paid for i would go nuts.

optikid123
04-29-2006, 04:02 PM
i love how everyone that lives in the middle of the boonies cant understand why people in NJ tresspass to ride.

well unlike living in the middle of nowhere there isnt a lot of places to ride at in NJ, and back in the day the laws werent as harsh and our state was much less developed. and as developed as our state is there are still vast areas of land, Sandy land, where no one lives and people have been riding at for decades. now its true that someone owns the place but the people that own the places also own a lot of the other places too, and with only 2 tracks and chatts there is nothing one can do if they wana get their quad out in the open.

i guess all i am saying is that you may be taking the risk in NJ and it may not be the politcally right thing to do, but you gotta do what you gotta, and you wont understand until you live here.

if they closed glamis would you risk it for a ticket?
or would you sit around waiting on some guys that dont even care about atv riders to make a new atv park which they will never make here.

one last note, this isnt like driving across your lawn, its like driving across a nuclear wasteland with too much pollution to ever let people build homes there, thats why there isnt homes there already. if you dont go ride your quad there others will so you may as well enjoy it while your around.

Mike Steel
04-30-2006, 10:11 PM
THIS IS NOT A CLASS ON HOW TO BRAKE THE LAW , This is a lesson to everyone not to trust the state and A-holes with the mind set that we are braking laws. Look I dont brake the law and if you are riding on property that is not yours and you dont have permission you are a A-hole also. I am talking about people that go out and pay $6000 for a Quad register it and insure it and you still have no place to ride. We are all people that are out to have a good time and not one of us wants to brake any laws. The bottom line is that ATV riding is a recreational activity and we are safe responsible people that deserve the same rights that everyone else gets. We PAY for those rights and our money is stolen while people get Hiking trails and new streets as well as new stop signs and stop lights with new quads for the police to write more revenue tickets. Its all a Fkn scam by the state and government and if you dont think that there should be more designated OHV areas I dont think you should even be on this forum.

exrider44
05-02-2006, 04:37 PM
There should be more designated areas. I dont know about nyc, or new york laws but nj sucks for riding. I wont waste my money on Chattsworth its garbage and I do ride in places your not supposed to. There isnt more then two legal areas in NJ so what are you supposed to do? Give up sell your quad. BS There isnt much that is gonna change here. The politicans turn dont care about this. Until someone wakes up and opens more areas,people are gonna continue to ride where they shouldnt. And theres always a chance of getting busted.I'm sure most people agree there should be more designated areas. Thats a given. Dirty Jersey :mad:

ny300exrider
05-02-2006, 05:10 PM
riding on long island sounds very much like what you guys are talking about. absolutly no legal spots other than a overcrowded mx track overrun by bigheaded dirtbikers. if you get stopped by the cops riding somewhere your not supposed to(basically everywhere but your driveway), you can expect a police truck and trailor to show up within 15min ready to take your quad to the impound lot and slap you with redicoulous fines and tickets. i hate to talk about it, but honestly, i do not stop for anyone anymore. i will continue to ride and if i do happen to cross paths with authority, they can have fun trying to get me. luckily for me, the places i ride at are within reasonable riding distance from my house, so i do not have to deal with loading onto a truck or trailor. i have seen many occasions where guys park their trucks by the spots, see the authoritys, but cant go anywhere because there equipment was parked out front.

rpyfz450
05-16-2006, 11:42 AM
Originally posted by Mike Steel
IF YOU ARE GOING TO SHARE SPOTS MAKE SURE YOU KNOW WHO THE HELL YOU ARE SENDING THE INFO TO AND DONT JUST POST SPOTS AND DIRECTIONS MAKE SURE IT GOES THROUGH A PM OR BETTER YET YOUR ACTUAL EMAIL.

I think even this is being irresponsible. If someone asks you for directions over the Internet, do not give them out in writing! That includes PMs, emails, and chat rooms! By sending it in an email, it's like having an "open-house" party. It makes it very convenient for the person to simply forward your directions to other people.

By far the best way to handle this is to meet the person face to face first and then have them follow you to your riding spot. Set limits for how many people they can bring along for the ride too. There's something about looking directly at a person and shaking their hand that will get your point accross. Plus, if you're not there to show them "the ropes" the may ride too close to houses or security guards, or park their trailes on the streets and irreversibly foul things up for you.

Always remember, once you show your riding spot to someone, it's imposssible to take it back, so think twice before you bring strangers to delicate places. The people you send directions too might just be the ones with loud exhausts, no helmets, and plenty of trash to leave behind.

Mike Steel
05-16-2006, 11:23 PM
I could not agree more, by all means we all know there are some delicate spots left and we all know Riding was here long ago and will be after we are all gone so lets try and keep it safe clean and un harassed. Good points you made anyone looking to ride should meet in person and follow for many reasons as you stated and the parking is key! ONCE AGAIN PARKING IS KEY!!!!! We have a place we ride at and as long as we dont park right outside it like aholes no one knows we are even there and it makes leaving easier without being seen. We have been useing one truck and we are able to pack about 6-7 quads in it so if you are in brooklyn and want to ride contact me and we will set it up , dont ask for directions and dont ask where people fuced it up enough for us in the past few months so evveron e else has to prove them selves .